Moderator: Knightfall

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Copied over from EN World

Post by Knightfall » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:04 am

Conil-a-Ald
Metropolis
Other Names: City of Spun Glass, Harp of Glass
Political/Religious Affiliations: The Lillend Council (major); the church of Aasterinian (minor); the church of Anubis (minor); the church of Celestian (major); the church of Heward (major); the church of Mirella (major); the church of Thoth (minor); and the church of Xan Yae (minor).
Power Centers: Monstrous (lillend); Nonstandard (council of half-celestial brothers and sisters).
Alignment: Neutral Good.

Population: 30,000
Demographics: Mixed (79% glimmerfolk, 9% lillend, 5% sphinx, 3% human, 2% gnome, 1% djilot, 1% other races).
City Type: Free.
Fortified?: Yes; glassteel dome. (That's my own little touch.)
Epic?: No.

GP Limit: 100,000 gp
Assets: 150,000,000 gp
Main Import: Manufactured goods.
Main Export: Music and art.

Authority Figures: Chyseria of the Luminescent Voice, ruler of the city (10 HD lillend, bard 10) and her seven half-celestial children.
Important Characters: TBD
Organizations: Golden Chord, the (bard's guild); Sensates (faction chapter house); and the Silver Motes (local, young adventuring group).
Noble Houses: Absolone, Cosme, Donat, Enzor, Fleur, Hugues, Manon, Ninon, Reine, Sylvestre, and Ulrich.
Adventurers Welcome?: Varies (usually only good or neutra-aligned planewalkers are allowed in the city).

Notes: This planar city has a two-paragraph writeup on page 68 of DRAGON Magazine #321. My version of Conil-a-Ald exists on a massive, floating earthberg on the Plane of Twilight and has a fixed planar portal to the Starry Skies of Linnunrata, a new upper plane in this cosmology, located in the heart of the city. Celestials and half-celestial visitors are common in this city and come and go at all hours.

Any Suggestons?
I'm looking for NPC suggestions to populate Conil-a-Ald including ideas for Chyseria's seven half-celestial children. Since the write-up in Dragon magazine was so limited, I figured I'd flesh out the city a little more.

The city's main features include "tower's of spun glass, streets of opal, and cool breezes that seem alive with the echo of distant songs."

The city is devoted to music and the arts, which is why the city would have a chapterhouse for the Society of Sensation. However, I want more organizations for the city.

Also, note that while violence is prohibited in the city, my Conil-a-Ald will be more allowing than detailed in Dragon #321. After all, the Plane of Twilight can be a dangerous place, even in Conil-a-Ald.
Last edited by Knightfall on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Knightfall's Mirrored Cosmology

Post by Knightfall » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:00 pm

A Note about Mystaran Immortals in this Cosmology
When it comes to the Immortals of Mystara in this cosmology, it's never simple. Mystara is not a part of the Mirrored Cosmology universe (just like the other TSR Worlds). However, the World of Kulan has been influenced a great deal by such old school adventures as The Isle of Dread and The Lost City as well as the Karameikos: Kingdom of Adventure boxed set.

Karameikos exists on Kulan as the kingdom that I call Ahamudia. However, it isn't Mystara's Karameikos; it is more of an homage to Karameikos. The Pantheon of Ahamudia takes the idea of the Immortals presented in the boxed set and turns them into deities from another world that I call Maran. Maran is a world that has fallen into darkness but it too exists in the Mirrored Cosmology. In many ways, Maran and Kulan are mirrors of each other but Maran is also a dark mirror of parts of Mystara. (The campaign name for Maran is "Dark World.")

I haven't really fleshed it all out yet.

Regardless, the deities worshiped by Ahamudians have different names than the Immortals of Mystara. And, they are considered "true gods" in the tradition of Planescape. Below are the deities of the Pantheon of Ahamudia (along with their Mystaran counterparts)...

Greater
Ion → Rad

Intermediate
Helek → Halav
Satiria → Petra

Lesser
Aladius → Protius
Maldar → Kaygar
Volrai → Valerias
Zyrcek → Zirchev

Demi-
Aphulæn → Ilsundal
Vaflar → Pflarr

These deities are known as Transformation Gods in the Lands of Harqual on Kulan. Throughout the planes they are more often associated with Maran. Very few planewalkers have learned that these deities are no longer single-sphere powers. Note: Ion is worshiped more on Maran than on Kulan; regardless, he is the one Ahamudian/Maran deity that is well known throughout the Outer Planes.

There are three other Mystaran Immortals that are also gods in the Mirrored Cosmology —— Gorm, Madarua, and Usamigaras. These three Lost City gods are all Intermediate powers and they are not considered single-sphere deities. The Lost City can exist elsewhere in the cosmology; although, in my campaign world, the Lost City is located on the continent known as The Fallenlands. (For Kulan, Gorm, Madarua, and Usamigaras are all part of a group of deities known as the Cyradi Pantheon, which includes the following gods: Aker, Anubis, Aten, Bes, Geb, Horus, Isis, Osiris, Rowe (†), Set, Thoth, Varmut (†), and Zargon.)

† New deities created by me.

Note that Zargon is considered an Elder Evil for this cosmology, not a god or an Immortal.

See this link for a list of all the gods of Maran (done in True20 format). (Note the evil deities from the D&D Book of Vile Darkness in addition to the Greyhawk Deities and the Mystaran Immortals.)
Last edited by Knightfall on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Pantheon of Ahamudia (Maran Gods)

Ion
The Radiant One, The Magic Man

Greater Deity
Symbol: A radiant star (think radioactive a symbol shaped more like a four-point star)
Home Plane: Unknown
Godly Realm: Unknown
Alignment: True neutral
Portfolio: Magic, invention, the radiance
Worshipers: Ahamudians, wizards, sorcerers, inventors
Cleric Alignments: N, NE, LN, CN, NG
Domains: Artifice, Knowledge, Magic, Moon, Rune, Spell, Seals
Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff

Ion is an enigmatic Maran deity that is known to be a master of a type of magical energy known as the Radiance. While this energy doesn't exist in the Lands of Harqual, Ion's followers in Ahamudia have begun to learn new magical ways to pay homage to Ion.

Helek
The Ascendant King

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A sword on an anvil
Home Plane: Celestia
Godly Realm: Helek’s Anvil
Alignment: Lawful good
Portfolio: Warfare, strategy
Worshipers: Ahamudians, Aphranæn elves, Bitran dwarves, Bitran gnomes, paladins
Cleric Alignments: LG, LN, NG
Domains: Craft, Good, Nobility, Planning, Protection, Thought, War
Favored Weapon: Spear and short sword

A god of warfare, Helek is one of three major deities venerated by the Javeldian people. He, Satiria and Zyrcek have priests dedicated to their name in both of Ahamudia's major churches.

A thinking man's warrior, Helek was a tough fighter, a master strategist, an inspired leader and a shrewd judge of character. As a deity he is a patron of human warriors and an enemy of the warlike humanoid races (especially gnolls). He is also a patron of weapon making.

Helek appears as a tall, redheaded warrior wearing ancient bronze armor and a plain golden crown while carrying an ancient bronze short sword. His holy symbol is of a sword on an anvil.

Satiria
The Warrior

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A warrior’s shield with a golden star in the center
Godly Realm: The Shield of Satiria
Portfolio: Nobility, warriors
Worshipers: Ahamudians, good humans from the Sword Protectorate, paladins
Domains: Good, Law, Nobility, Protection, Strength, War
Favored Weapon: Warhammer
Last edited by Knightfall on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Pantheon of Ahamudia (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:04 am

Aladius
Trident of the Sea

Lesser Deity
Symbol: A trident rising up through the waves
Home Plane: Ysgard
Godly Realm: Trident’s Hall
Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Portfolio: Ocean
Worshipers: Ahamudians, merfolk
Cleric Alignments: CN, CG, CE
Domains: Chaos, Ocean, Storm, Water
Favored Weapon: Trident

An old Maran god, Aladius takes command of the ocean and is known as the “Trident of the Sea”. His symbol is the trident.

Maldar
Patron of Bitran

Lesser Deity
Symbol: A craftsman’s work apron
Home Plane: Spirelands
Godly Realm: Crafthall
Portfolio: Craft, the races of Bitran
Worshipers: Bitran dwarves, Bitran gnomes
Cleric Alignments: N, LN, NG, CN, NE
Domains: Cavern, Craft, Dwarf, Earth, Fortitude, Metal
Favored Weapon: Battlehammer

The Patron of the dwarves and gnomes of Bitran and believed to be their creator, Maldar is the arch-typical craftsman venerated by the Bitran.

Volrai
The Passionate One

Lesser Deity
Symbol: A thorned rose
Home Plane: Ysgard
Godly Realm: Rose of Passion
Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Portfolio: Passion, romance
Worshipers: Ahamudians, Onans, silver elves
Cleric Alignments: CN, CG, CE
Domains: Fate, Luck, Mentalism, Protection
Favored Weapon: Short sword

The Maran goddess of romance and passion, Volrai's name is evoked by Javeldians and others in the name of love. Her symbol is the thorned rose, symbolizing beauty and its threat.

Zyrcek
Lord of the Woods

Lesser Deity
Symbol: A copse of trees
Home Plane: Upper Outlands
Godly Realm: Copse Crux
Portfolio: Fate, woodlands
Worshipers: Ahamudians, Aphranæn elves, Bitran gnomes
Cleric Alignments: N, NG, CN, LN
Domains: Fate, Luck, Plant, Protection
Favored Weapon: Light mace
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Pantheon of Ahamudia (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:07 am

Aphulæn
The Wise

Demigod
Symbol: Silhouette of an oak tree
Godly Realm: Erudite Oak
Portfolio: Aphranæn elves, the forest
Worshipers: Aphranæn elves, silver elves, paladins
Domains: Elf, Magic, Plant, Protection, Sun
Favored Weapon: Longsword

The patron of the elves of Ahamudia, Aphulæn's name is recognized among the Javeldian people and the silver elves of the Great Forest.

Known by many as “The Wise,” Aphulaen is the creator of the first tree of life. Kindly, wise, peaceful and philosophical he can be stern and iron-willed when he needs to be.

He appears as an old, wise-eyed Aphranæn elf. His holy symbol is the silhouette of an oak tree.

Vaflar
Lord of the Hutaakans, God of Crafts

Demigod
Symbol: A jackal’s head
Home Plane: Mechanus
Godly Realm: None (wanders)
Alignment: Lawful neutral
Portfolio: Hutaakans, crafting, magic
Worshipers: Hutaakans
Cleric Alignments: LN, LG, LE
Domains: Craft, Knowledge, Law, Magic, Protection
Favored Weapon: Light mace

Vaflar is a mysterious jackal-headed Maran god who created the Hutaakans.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:51 am

Children of Asgard Campaign Concept
Here is a link to what I've planned to create as a post-Ragnarok campaign setting within the boundary of the Mirrored Cosmology.

Aragard is the name of a Norse-based world that survived Ragnarok. Asgard, Bifrost, Niflheim, and Yggdrasil all survived the conflaguration, but they not as they once were. Asgard is a ruin, Bifrost is broken, Niflheim is full of dead gods, and Yggdrasil is rotting.

Balder leads what is left of the Asgardians; the descendents of the Olds Norse Golds have been forced to take the place of their parents. Loki has split into two beings -- a fallen monstrous avatar and the being known as Lokun who has joined the North Gods of Harqual (along with his two sons) on the World of Kulan. Odin has become known as Wotan and has lost himself; he barely remembers his past. Aegir has also joined the North Gods of Kulan while his consort Rán is considered an Interloper Goddess (along with their Nine Daughters) on that same world. Yet, they are still a part of the Asgardians. Hel, as well, is both an Asgardian and an Interloper Goddess.

Cheers!

KF
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Sigil

Post by Knightfall » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:29 am

I just did a major update to the "Political/Religious Affiliations" for Sigil.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Cosmology Overview Updated!

Post by Knightfall » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:19 pm

A quick note to point out that I've updated my Cosmology Overview. I've added some new locales, plus some that I forgot. I've included links for anything that can be found online. I've also used some color to, hopefully, make it easier to see the changes I've made.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Wow, I totally forgot this thread was here. I've now added it to the Kulan Index in my FAQ thread in the Homebrew Worlds forum.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm really curious how the 'Worlds Beyond' fit into the cosmology and how accessible they are.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:39 pm

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:I'm really curious how the 'Worlds Beyond' fit into the cosmology and how accessible they are.
For this cosmology, the "Worlds Beyond" section refers to other planes (and worlds) that aren't officially part of the Mirrored Cosmology. They exist in their own universes. For example, the Great Beyond PF cosmology is its own cosmology as is the standard Great Wheel cosmology of Planescape. There are "places" and "people" that exist in those cosmologies that exist in the Mirrored Cosmology but they are often changed. Sigil is very different in the Mirrored Cosmology.

Another example is Waterdeep. Toril doesn't exist in the Mirrored Cosmology; however, Waterdeep does exit. It exists as a city in the Lands of Harqual but it is called Deepwater. There are facets of my version of Waterdeep that are the same as the official FR version but, in many ways, the city is different.

Sharn too.

Therefore, Sarûnia wouldn't exist in the Mirrored Cosmology but being listed in the Worlds Beyond section means that a "crossing" is possible. And since Sarûnia is based on the PFRPG, it's closer to Kulan than many other worlds (i.e. any 4e worlds).

You'll notice that there are a few of my homebrewed worlds that exist outside the Mirrored Cosmology. Rielun, or Time of Ages, is my Steampunk Spelljammer setting and exists in its own unique cosmology, which I call Spelljammer Gone Wild. (That cosmology has its own, unique, versions of the three core Spelljammer worlds, and it will likely be where I place Eberron.) Tarras, which was originally meant to be a 4e world, is now a generic (i.e. systemless) world that exists in a yet unnamed cosmology. Tarsis, which was originally intended to be a PFRPG world, is in design limbo. It might still be created using Pathfinder but I'm not sure. If it is, then it will be set in the Great Beyond.

The core D&D Worlds (except Eberron and Dark Sun) exist in a 3.5 version of the Great Wheel. That includes Birthright, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, and Mystara. Dark Sun will not be connected to the Great Wheel. It might make its way into the Mirrored Cosmology but it would remain isolated (and would use the 3e rules from the Burnt World of Athas [although I do have the 4e books, which are very cool]).

The most important connection between the Mirrored Cosmology and the Worlds Beyond is the demiplanar city named Bottleneck. That city is infamous for its connections to other cosmologies. It is a city that exists in (almost) all universes. It is only an idea at this point. And it would be designed the same way as Tarras and will be STRONGLY connected to that world (but isn't on it).

Note: Not all the worlds of the Mirrored Cosmology are D&D v.3.5 worlds. Maran, Kulan's dark mirror, is a Castles & Crusades world, and it's crystal sphere will likely be designed using the normal 2e Spelljammer rules (but its characters will be created using C&C).
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:43 am

I just did a major revision to the first post of this thread. I wanted to make things a little clearer to understand plus I added a few extra links.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:09 am

Knightfall wrote:Other Known Material Planes
● Sio (RPB)
Okay, what kind of a world is Sio?

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
● Sio (RPB)
Sio is the home world of the kha — a bird-like race brought to the Lands of Harqual during The Transformation. (The world had a different name once [Ko], but I unintentionally changed the name when writing out some stuff for the kha and Sio has been the world's new name ever since.) Sio is a heavily forested world with unique trees that are like bamboo but much stronger — as hard as stone. The world has no magic although many of its creatures have special qualities that count as either extraordinary or supernatural abilities.

The kha are the only 'humanoid' race living on Sio although this wasn't always the case. There are still dozens of kha communities living on the planet; the kha brought to Kulan are citizens of a stilt-city called Tschaja, which was also transported to the Lands of Harqual. The kha inherited their amazing city from an ancient race that disappeared from Sio hundreds of thousands of years ago. These beings weren't the kha's gods; the kha have no gods. And the kha have no idea what happened to them since the Ancient Ones disappeared just before the kha gained sentience.

Sio is a beautiful world but is very deadly. It is rugged with harsh weather in both summer and winter. The world's most habitable region is near its equator. Rain and wind are constant and the world's sea are rough and storm covered. The kha believe their world has only one land and that nothing else exists beyond the world's two Great Waters.

Sio exists outside the Mirrored Cosmology. Therefore, divination magic cast by mortals cannot reveal anything about it.

Sio will only be developed as a background for the kha. I have no intention of creating a world map for it or delving into its history or who the Ancient Ones were. It will remain a mystery. ;)
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Salitt
I just added another world to the list of Material Planes of the Mirrored Cosmology — Salitt. It is the home world of the Belin, a human race brought to Kulan during the time of the Transformation. The Belin are a desert people who come from an area of Salitt that is barren with very little water. Their home world is dominated primarily by humanoids, mainly humans. There are no elves, no dwarves, and no gnomes. In fact, there are no long-lived races except for giants. There are halflings on Salitt, but they have the exact same age ranges as humans.

There are orcs but no half-orcs. There are goblins and hobgoblins but no bugbears. There are gnolls but no flinds. There are lizardfolk but no kobolds or troglodytes. There are also the following humanoid races from D&D Monster Manual III: forestkith goblin, kenku, and poison dusk lizardfolk. There are also the following humanoid races from D&D Fiend Folio: dark creeper and dark stalker. There are also the following humanoid races from D&D Frostburn, Sandstorm, and Stormwrack: bhuka, hadozee, and snow goblin.

There are no races that can fly. Period.

I will add more humanoid races to the world from the Tome of Horrors series once I've had a chance to think about the world more. Regardless, the official D&D races listed here will be the primary races for the world.

There are only a handful of land-dwelling monstrous humanoids that exist on Salitt — armands (MM3), equicephs (MHB), goat folk (MM3), grimlocks, minotaurs, and walrus-folk (DLCS). All other monstrous humanoids either never existed on Salitt or died out. I MAY add a few more from the ToH series.

Below is list of the giants from the various D&D monster books that can be found on Salitt. There are no giants larger than Large-sized on Salitt. There are no half-giants, half-ogres, or any sort of half-bred giant race. However, Salittan giants can breed with monstrous creatures that aren't humanoids or monstrous humanoids.

GIANTS OF SALITT
● Firbolg
● Giant, Bog
● Giant, Hill
● Giant, Fire
● Giant, Frost
● Giant, Sand
● Giant, Stone
● Ogre
● Ogre, Skullcrusher
● Troll
● Troll, Cave
● Troll, Fire
● Troll, Forest
● Troll, Wasteland

There are no dragons on Salitt. Period.

Besides giants, the most dangerous creatures on Salitt are usually constructs, dinosaurs, dire animals, elementals, magical beasts, oozes, plants, and vermin. There are FEW aberrations, fey, and undead on the world and no native outsiders. "Drago" is the Salittan word for dinosaur.

Magic is rare on Salitt. Belin spellcasters still living on Salitt are either spirit shamans or warlocks. There are no true clerics or wizards on Salitt, for any of the races. There are druids, however. There are no paladins or other holy warrior classes on Salitt although there are monks. Only giants can become sorcerers, but they would not be available as PC races for a Salitt-based campaign. Of all the Salittan giant races only firbolgs have alignments other than evil and then they are usually neutral. The other Salittian giants are ALWAYS evil with most leaning towards chaotic evil. Stone giants are more likely to be lawful evil, however.
Last edited by Knightfall on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:44 pm

Other Humanoids and Giants of Salitt
I just finished going through my Dragonlance, Eberron, and Forgotten Realms books. Here are the humanoids and giants that exist on Salitt from those settings...

DRAGONLANCE
Races
None

Giants
Giant, Desolation

EBERRON
Races
Halfling, Talenta [Dragokin Halfling]

Giants
Giant, Jungle

FORGOTTEN REALMS
Races
Tasloi

Giants
Giant, Cyclops
Giant, Hunched [Maur]
Taer
Troll, Ice

TOME OF HORRORS SERIES
To be added.
Last edited by Knightfall on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Gawain_VIII
Storm Giant

Post by Gawain_VIII » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Knightfall,

Without reading in depth, it looks like you're using the various planes as a way to incorporate the different settings into a single cosmology, centered around your homebrew. I noticed on the Inner Planes graphic, there's a Plane of Serenity that's not listed in the text depiction. Is this a Lawful plane of peace and serenity, or is it related to the Firefly/Serenity franchise?

Just curious,
--Roger
"Time does not heal all things--only swift and decisive action does." --Roger LaVern Girtman, II, 17 April 2010
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Classic Campaigns, my Mystara fansite
Moderator of The Piazza's Mystara and M3e Project forums.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Gawain_VIII wrote:Knightfall,

Without reading in depth, it looks like you're using the various planes as a way to incorporate the different settings into a single cosmology, centered around your homebrew. I noticed on the Inner Planes graphic, there's a Plane of Serenity that's not listed in the text depiction. Is this a Lawful plane of peace and serenity, or is it related to the Firefly/Serenity franchise?

Just curious,
--Roger
Hey Roger,

Actually, the Plane of Serenity is an offshoot plane of the Plane of Faerie. And it is listed under the "Other Planes of the Mirrored Cosmology" section. It will be a more peaceful fey plane. It's the plane that fey go to in their twilight centuries.

The cosmology was originally named the Kulan Cosmology, but I expanded it to encompass my Dark World homebrew and my Aragard campaign concept although I don't work on those settings as much. The cosmology expanded greatly when I bought Beyond Countless Doorways by Malhavoc Press. There was so much great stuff in that book that wanted to add as much of it as possible into my version of the planes. I've also added a few of the Pathfinder Chronicles planes but it's important to note that Golarion exists in thw Worlds Beyond section. (I forgot to add it until now.)

The more I work on my Mirrored Cosmology, the less it looks like the Great Wheel, which is fine. It's not supposed to be that cosmology.

But you are right, the cosmology is designed to allow for connections to almost anything that exists for the d20 system, even the settings created for d20 Modern. I consider Urban Arcana to be D&D-type world although I haven't added it to the D&D Worlds section. More likely, I'd create a new section for d20 Modern. But that's not a major priority for me right now.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Monsters of Salitt

MONSTER MANUALS
Monster Manual v.3.5
Animals [all]
Ankheg
Assassin Vine
Basilisk
Bulette
Carrion Crawler
Cockatrice
Darkmantle
Digester
Dinosaurs [all]
Dire Animals [all]
Elementals [all]
Frost Worm
Fungi [both]
Girallon
Golems [all]
Gorgon
Gray Render
Grick
Hippogriff
Hydras [all]
Lycanthropes [all] [Template]
Merfolk
Ooze [all]
Owlbear
Phantom Fungus
Purple Worm
Rust Monster
Sahuagin
Sea Cat
Shield Guardian
Shocker Lizard
Skeleton [Template]
Spider Eater
Stirge
Swarm
● Bat
● Centipede
● Locust
● Rat
● Spider
Tendriculos
Vermin [all]
Yuan-Ti [all]
Zombie [Template]

Monster Manual II
Ash Rat
Automations [both]
Blood Ape
Bone Ooze
Bronze Serpent
Catoblepas
Chain Golem
Chaos Roc
Cloaked Ape
Cloud Ray
Corollax
Dinosaurs [all]
Dire Animals [all]
Flesh Jelly
Forest Sloth
Golem
● Stained Glass
● Brass
Gravorg
Greenvise
Grizzly Mastodon
Jermlaine
Juggernaut
Leechwalker
Megalodon
Megapede
Monster of Legend [Template]
Moonrat
Mudmaw
Orcwort and Wortling
Phase Wasp
Rampager
Razor Boar
Reason Stealer
Red Sundew
Rogue Eidolon
Runic Guardian
Teratomorph

Monster Manual III
Charnel Hound
Chelicera
Dinosaurs [all]
Elementals, Storm [all]
Ephemeral Swarm
Golems
● Hangman
● Mud
● Web
Grisgol
Knell Beetles [both]
Mastodon
Needletooth Swarm
Plague Spewer
Redcap
Sea Tiger
Shimmerling Swarm
Shreadstorm
Siege Crabs [both]
Snowflake Ooze
Swamp Strider Swarm
Thorn
Vasuthant [but not Horrific Vasuthant]
Zezir
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:21 am

Knightfall wrote:
● Sio (RPB)
Sio is the home world of the kha — <snip>
Very cool, I like this a lot.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Copied over from Facebook

Post by Knightfall » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:05 pm

Other Worlds of the Mirrored Cosmology
Here's a followup to my last post. To clarify, while the traditional core D&D Worlds do not exist in the same cosmology as Kulan, there are some other well known worlds that I have placed into my homebrewed cosmology. Here's the list...

• Blackmoor
• Castlemourn (by Ed Greenwood)
• Galovinius (by Darrin Drader)
• Gothos (d20)
• Kingdoms of Kalamar
• Lands of Mystery (from DUNGEON Magazine), includes...
→ Jakandor
→ Maztica
• Nehwon (Lankhmar)
• Praemal [Monte Cook’s Ptolus] (d20)

So, while Eberron, Krynn, Oerth, and Toril don't exist in the Mirrored Cosmology, I have firmly placed Blackmoor in the same reality as Kulan. In fact, planar gates between the two worlds do exist, although most of them are currently dormant. Also, I really like Kalamar, and since it isn't a true WotC world with direct links to the core D&D Worlds, I felt it would be easy to put Kalamar's world into the Mirrored Cosmology.

Also note that I am planning on combining Christopher West's Lands of Mystery with both Jakandor and Maztica to form a new world. I've had this idea for some time, but I have yet to create anything specific for it, like a world name. Heh.

While I don't yet have the world book for The Hunt: Rise of Evil, it is now a given that once I have it, it will enter the Mirrored Cosmology. The same is true for Monte Cook's Ptolus. I foresee strong links between Praemal and Kulan. Hmm... a mysterious portal between Ptolus and Kulan's version of Sharn.

More Tidbits
• "Worlds" from Beyond Countless Doorways in the cosmology: Dendri (Expansion 11); Lizard Kingdoms, the; Mountains of the Five Winds; Primal Gardens of Yragon, the; Tevaeral, Magic’s Last Stand.

• "Crystal Spheres" from Beyond Countless Doorways: Avidarel, The Sundered Star; Carrigmoor; and Venomheart, Haven of the Sleep Pirates.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Ravenloft

Post by Knightfall » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 pm

Query from Devin B. on Facebook:
Also, will you be including the Demiplane of Dread in your cosmology, and if so, has anyone from Kulan, Janardûn, or one of your other lands ever been sent there?
RAVENLOFT IN THE COSMOLOGY
At the beginning of this thread, there is a section for the various demiplanes that exist in the Mirrored Cosmology. Ravenloft is one of seven demiplanes that I have included, so far. However, my Ravenloft will have to be significantly different since the traditional D&D Worlds don't exist in the cosmology. For example, Sithicus does not exist in my version of Ravenloft since Dragonlance doesn't exist in my cosmology. The same is true for the Ravenloft Domain based on Athas (I forget its name).

And, no, I haven't created a Domain unique to Kulan, although it would be easy for me to add one based on the fallen Empire of Swords from the Lands of Harqual. [Addendum: Kalidnay! That's the Dark Sun Island of Terror I was trying to think of. It will definitely not be my homebrewed version of Ravenloft.]

More Tidbits
• Regarding Janardûn and Ravenloft, the ogre magi of the Psionic Lands are the embodiment of evil. Thus, it would be a simple thing to add an Island of Terror with an ogre mage darklord.

• I'Cath: This domain's dark lord will be from Kulan instead of Toril. Tsien Chiang began her life in the Eastern Lands of Kanpur.

• I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Cavitius and Tovag.

• Necropolis exists in my version, but its dark lord will have a different name and background.

• Falkovnia, Valachan, Hazlan, and Vechor are all out. Kartakass stays in because Harkon Lukas is awesome... in a twisted way. (I'll likely make him from Harqual. ) Meredoth's domain (the Nocturnal Sea) will be tied to Dark World (my homebrewed Castles & Crusades setting [linked to Kulan]).
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Knightfall wrote:
● Sio (RPB)
Sio is the home world of the kha — <snip>
Very cool, I like this a lot.
Thanks TAD!
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:38 am

Major updates to the first post of this thread.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Morningstar Fantasy Campaign Setting

Post by Knightfall » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:30 am

I just traded a couple of books I didn't need for a copy of the Morningstar Fantasy Campaign Setting published by Goodman Games. I had already decided that I was goingto add it to the Mirrored Cosmology, and looking through the book makes me want to add it to the cosmology even more. What a great book! :cool:

The world seems to be a lot like FFG's Dawnforge, but it is more appealing. The custom racial classes look well thought out and it has two great looking core classes and several interesting prestige classes. The book doesn't overwhelm with crunch, however. There is TONS of setting material and the maps in it are first rate. The interior is all in black and white but unlike some other d20 System/OGL books, it works.

Plus, the book is v.3.5. :D

If you can find a copy, I say BUY IT!!!
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “World of Kulan”