Kanpur: The Ancient Lands

The homebrew world of Knightfall.

Moderator: Knightfall

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Kanpur: The Ancient Lands

Post by Knightfall » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:54 am

Scarred Lands Deity Conversion Chart deleted.

I now have a copy of The Divine and the Defeated, so I'm going to work towards incorporating the gods of the Scarred Lands into the World of Kulan and the Mirrored Cosmology. However, Scarn, as published, still won't exist in the same cosmology as Kulan.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:01 am

Copied over from ' Continents Poll' thread...
Knightfall wrote:A tidbit about Kanpur...

The region known as The Dark Continent is inspired by the DRAGON Magazine article of the same name. The map truly reflects the map that appears in that article, although I had to morph it to allow for access to my version of Khemit (Mythic Egypt), as well as Zakhara. Since I drew the map, I have added to it and added to it.

Shelzar from the Scarred Lands was an easy add. Hollowfaust was tricker, but it fit in well in the region just north of the Dark Continent. Solamber is a fantasy city described in an sourcebook by Atlas Games. And, of course, the Corsair Domains now sits in a large gulf with the Dark Continent on one side and my version of the High Desert (from the Land of Fate boxed set) on the other.

The big add to the region, however, was Stormreach from the Eberron setting. I haven't worked out all the details about how it's going to fit into the region, but it was a given that the city would find its way onto Kanpur after I added Sharn just northeast of Khemit.

Also, dragonmarks will play an important role throughout much of Kanpur, but it won't be exactly like depicted in the Eberron campaign setting. Houses will not hold all the power of dragonmarks. It will be fluid and in some cases, fatal.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:02 am

Copied over from Continents Poll' thread...
Knightfall wrote:More about Kanpur...

I've had an idea for a construct that would be one of the continent's engineering wonders. I haven't named or placed its exact location, just yet. I had originally though it might go where Sharn is now.

The construct is a bridge. Now, you see the word 'bridge' and immediately have your own ideas about what it might look like. Now, let me tell you this one fact; it is old. Now, how does that change how you envision it? Another fact: it was not built by dwarves. In fact, no one knows who built it. Another fact: it radiates powerful magic. Many consider it alive. And in many ways it has its own ecosystem.

Here's a major fact: The bridge is huge. And I don't mean huge like how a modern bridge can be huge. I mean like how the Great Wall of China is huge. Now, how does that change your mind's eye? It is massive and it is tall. It bridges not a great river or even a large canyon. No, it connects two distant landmasses. And no, I don't mean to the Fallenlands. It's not that big. It does extend over a sea, however. I just haven't decided which sea yet.

Oh, and here's another dragonmark tidbit...

There will be a dragonmark that is related to Spelljammming. ;)
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Knightfall wrote:There will be a dragonmark that is related to Spelljammming. ;)
:) :shock: :o :ugeek:

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:32 am

Vadleány: Titles "Forest Girl, Wild Girl"; Status - Lesser Goddess; Portfolio - Forest, seduction, sprites, theft, wanderers; Alignment - CN; Weapon - tree branch (club). | Cleric Domains: PHB v.3.5 - Chaos, Plant, Travel, Trickery; Spell Compendium (optional) - Elf, Lust, Mysticism.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

The Scarred Gods

Post by Knightfall » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 am

Knightfall wrote:Scarred Lands Deity Conversion Chart deleted.

I now have a copy of The Divine and the Defeated, so I'm going to work towards incorporating the gods of the Scarred Lands into the World of Kulan and the Mirrored Cosmology. However, Scarn, as published, still won't exist in the same cosmology as Kulan.
While the canonical version of the Scarred Lands isn't part of my Mirrored Cosmology, there will be a destroyed version of Scarn somewhere out there. The Divine War of this version ended very, very badly. The world suffered a split in its crust. This split runs through half of Ghelspad and sundered Termana in half. It is not know whether the rest of the world survived, but a few planar scholars who have studied the "end of worlds" believe that the other lands of Scarn were transported elsewhere in the universe. Of course, planar scholars tend to write their own histories about worlds they've only visited through dreaming or scrying, so the truth might be stranger still.

What is know is that many of the world's cities have been 'cloned' on other worlds. There are at least three of these cities on Kulan. What's strange is that almost all of people in these Cities of Scarn believe that they've always lived on Kulan's largest continent, Kanpur. They still worship the gods of the broken planet, but they don't believe that their lives were originally lived on another world that was destroyed. Most likely, it is a lie that has been ingrained into their souls by the Scarred Gods.

What's even more interesting, however, is that many of the peoples of the lands surrounding their cities also believe this untruth. How the Scarred Gods managed this deception is unknown. Of course, the deities of Old Scarn are an enigmatic bunch that refuse to answer questions about the sundered world. Instead, they work to seed their followers onto new worlds in order to save their religions. Kulan has been a minor success for the Scarred Gods, and there are now temples dedicated to their worship across much of the Dark Continent, as well as the Center Lands. The followers of the Scarred Gods often butt heads with the churches of Sharn and the decadent priests of the Greek Gods.

Is Kulan headed for another divine conflict that will shake the ancient lands of Kanpur to its very core? Will the Scarred Gods rise up to try to claim Kulan as there own?

Planar scholars doubt that the Scarred Gods could win such a war since there are so many against them. What is known is that these gods from a fallen world have sent their sights on the Greek titans. For them, all titans must be wiped out!
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:53 pm

The Angelic Dragon wrote:
Knightfall wrote:There will be a dragonmark that is related to Spelljammming. ;)
:) :shock: :o :ugeek:
Thinking more about this, I'm going to include Spelljamming as part of the Mark of Passage, although there will likely be Dragonmark Feats related specifically to Spelljamming. This means that House Orien (or whatever I decide to call it; I don't think I've given it a new name yet as part of my PbP game) will have a stranglehold on Spelljamming travel to and from the Free/Dragonmarked Cities. The house will have an enclave on the Rock of Bral, but they won't control it.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:15 pm

Maps re-linked from E.N. World Kulan group album.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:39 am

Titles with descriptors added for The Center Lands. EDIT: added a few descriptions as well.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:11 am

Added descriptions for Crimson Oasis, Kan-Shul, Karshat, and Mount Ruirh under The Horse Lands section.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “World of Kulan”