Which of my continents do you want more information about?

The homebrew world of Knightfall.

Moderator: Knightfall

Poll ended at Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:17 pm

The Fallenlands
11%
Lands of Harqual
No votes
Janardûn: The Psionic Lands
33%
Kanpur: The Ancient Lands
44%
Triadora: Land of Empires
11%
I want more information on... <fill in the blank> ...instead.
No votes

Total votes: 9

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:17 pm

I'm feeling creative, but I'm not sure what I want to focus on, so I'm posting this poll to get some creative inspiration from all of you in regards to what you'd like to see next regarding my various continents. I have done most of my world design based on the Lands of Harqual, and I'm always willing to do more for that continent. But I'm worried about Harqual overload -- for me and for all of you as well.

So, let me know your preference. And you can select up to two choices. Note in a post your primary and secondary choices. Plus, there is a "instead of" option. If you'd rather see more information on one of my island chains such as Merria, Ryaith, or Valossa, then select the last option and state your preferred region.

And, when you make your choice, do more than list the continents or regions. Pick a focus that interests you. Want more details on the various races of Triadora? Then tell me. Want a more in depth look into the heart of the Great Forest of Harqual. Well, then I need to know. Want a history lesson about Janardûn? I'll do my best.

You get the idea.

I'm going to leave this poll up for the next 90 days. After that, I'll create a new one with more creative options.

Cheers!

Knightfall
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: Which of my continents do you want more information abou

Post by Angel Tarragon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:57 am

I'm very intrigued by Janardûn. I'd really love to get a very up-close look into its history, a geographic overview, a look into the capital city (all going-ons; daily life in the eye of the of the commoner, commercial imports and exports, poltical hierarchy and noteworthy figures, and noteworthy businesses and residences), secret and hidden locales, organizations and options available to Janardûn PCs.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 am

You have about eight threads for Harqual here. I don't really see the other areas represented. I think I'd love to see you make a "hero thread" that has an overview of every one of these areas. That way I could read each one and decide which area I like best.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Chimpman
Hadozee

Post by Chimpman » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:22 am

I'm most interested in the Ancient lands for two reasons: 1) Drakhorn City, and 2) Starmeet. I'd love to know how the dragonblooded races came to be, and what their relationship is to dragons (both currently and in the past). And of course being a spelljammer fan, I most definitely want to know more about how spelljammers are possibly interacting with the world.

As for the Fallenlands... well, I haven't read much about them yet, but it just sounds cool ;).
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:29 am

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:I'm very intrigued by Janardûn. I'd really love to get a very up-close look into its history, a geographic overview, a look into the capital city (all going-ons; daily life in the eye of the of the commoner, commercial imports and exports, political hierarchy and noteworthy figures, and noteworthy businesses and residences), secret and hidden locales, organizations and options available to Janardûn PCs.
Heh. I knew you'd pick one of the tougher choices. Tougher for me, that is. ;)

Janardûn has always been a challenge for me to move forward with. Trying to come up with a solid premise for such an isolated land that is dominated by psionics has always seemed to allude me. There is very little written about it that wasn't already on my old "Walk the Road" wikipage (now gone) or on the EN World thread. And some of the info on the old ENW thread is a bit out of date, especially the deity information.

The concept of psionic knights is an important one for the continent. In some ways, the Insightful Order of the Republic is to Janardûn what Jedi Knights are to the Star Wars universe. But that is rough comparison, at best. The continent has one centralized government that is ruled from the Capital City known as Alaran. This government is, traditionally, a human-based political entity, although racism isn't as much of a concern in the Republic as on Kulan's other continents.

While Janardûn has its own mix of races, there are fewer playable races overall compared to Kulan's much larger continents. If I was categorize the standard Janardûn races by rarity, I would list them this way...

Common
Dragontouched [Draconic Creature (Template)] [Draconomicon]
Dwarf (PHB)
Elan (XPH)
Human (PHB)

Uncommon
The Baklath *
Cyclops of Janardûn *
Githzerai [Not Extraplanar] (XPH)
Rakasta *
Xeph (XPH)

Rare
Blue (XPH)
Dwarf, Duergar (XPH)
Elf, Shoyir *
Fremlin *
Kitt *

Very Rare
Buckawn *
Pixie
Satyr
Synad (Complete Psionic)

Any race with an asterisk (*) has its own unique PC race traits for Kulan. You'll note there is no listing for halflings, gnomes, half-elves, or half-orcs. The only elves on Janardûn are the Shoyir and they almost NEVER couple with humans. There are no standard orcs on Janardûn; thus, there are no half-orcs. The niche normally filled by halflings and gnomes is filled by kitts, fremlins, and a Legends & Lairs Mythic Races race called the Aaleear.

Here is a list of the non-standard races available for Janardûn:

> Aaleear [Mythic Races]
> Centaurkin, Dorvesh [Creature Catalog Website]
> Dragonborn [Modified] [Races of the Dragon]
> Felid [Template] [BoEF]
> The Feytouched [Fiend Folio]
> Giant, Ogre [Creature Catalog Website]
> Half-Dragon [Template] [MM & Draconomicon]
> Half-Fey [Template] [Fiend Folio]
> Half-Githzerai [Svimohzia: The Ancient Isle]
> Half-Troll [Template] [Fiend Folio]
> Kercpa [Creature Catalog Website]
> Kureshim [Hyperconscious]
> Makesh [Into the Green]
> Ngakoi [The Broken Isles: Player's Guide]
> Skarren [The Broken Isles: Player's Guide]
> Tondi [Creature Catalog Website]
> Ubi [Into the Green]
> Zeidian [The Broken Isles: Player's Guide]
> Zenythri [Planetouched] [MM2]
> Zha'lari [The Complete Book of Denizens]

I have no idea regarding rarity about the bulk of these races. I can say that the aaleear will be either common or uncommon, and dragonborn will be either uncommon or rare. I expect the Dorvesh centaur-kin, the Kureshim, and the Zenythri to have a strong presence on the continent.

As for such aspects as history, geography, and the like, I cannot even begin to say at this point. The leaders of the Republic (the Council of the House) don't even have names yet. In fact, I've created only one NPC, that I can think of, and that character is now a major villain on Harqual. I can say that the capital city is a huge metropolis that dwarfs almost every other city on the continent. In v.3.5 terms it is integrated to mixed in racial makeup. Almost any race native to the continent can be found living in Alaran.

How's that for a start? :)

DM's NOTE: For a slightly different look at the Races of Janardûn, follow this link: viewtopic.php?p=80982#p80982
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:40 am

Big Mac wrote:You have about eight threads for Harqual here. I don't really see the other areas represented. I think I'd love to see you make a "hero thread" that has an overview of every one of these areas. That way I could read each one and decide which area I like best.
Harqual has always been primary. It is my obsession. And it often drags me away from my other continents and regions because I've come to know it so well. A lot of the rest of the world is still a blank slate or dominated by settings that I've tucked into the world here and there (like Bluffside and Freeport).

The Eastern Lands of Kanpur are huge blank slate. I have done almost nothing with the region other than come up with place names and rough maps. The largest imported setting is the Land of Fate, which I've bent, twisted, and crammed into the southern shores of Kanpur. In many ways, my Zakhara will match the official one, yet I will have to change some of the history to blend it with my own version of the Dark Continent. It's been a daunting project, which became tougher after I began dropping a few of the Scarred Lands city sourcebooks onto the continent. Heh.

Creating a "hero" thread for each continent would be very challenging. What exactly would you like to see in such threads? How much detail would be enough without me losing too much sleep?
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:26 am

Chimpman wrote:I'm most interested in the Ancient lands for two reasons: 1) Drakhorn City, and 2) Starmeet. I'd love to know how the dragonblooded races came to be, and what their relationship is to dragons (both currently and in the past). And of course being a spelljammer fan, I most definitely want to know more about how spelljammers are possibly interacting with the world.
The dragonblooded races are vital to a Kulan campaign. Of the seven PC race options that can be found ANYWHERE on the world, three of them are dragonblooded -- the dragontouched, the dragonborn, and half-dragons. Of those three, the dragontouched are the most common. Half-dragon characters are usually rare but exceptions will likely be the norm. The rarity of dragonborn characters will fluctuate widely depending on the continent/region. On Kanpur, all three racial options are less than rare with half-dragon characters being the most unique.

All three races will dominate the political and social makeup of Drakhorn City. In this case, I see dragonborn being the most dominant. They consider themselves to be closer to dragons than the dragontouched. However, half-dragons, while less common in the city, are looked at with awe by all in the city. They are the children of dragons; they are touched by greatness. And while they rarely rule, they are often looked at as being nearly divine in form. (True dragons are worshiped as living embodiments of the Dragon Gods by the citizenry of Drakhorn City.)

Now, when it comes to Starmeet, I'm a little less certain. The name was inspired by Evermeet in the Forgotten Realms, and in many ways, that book may be a huge source of inspiration for how Starmeet develops. Will Starmeet be Evermeet combined with Spelljammer? I cannot say yet. What I can say is that its citizenry will be very knowledgeable about Kulanspace. It will be a place of high magic and powerful lore. And it won't be easy for groundlings to get to without a spelljammer and a invite from a well-respected citizen of the port. Those who spelljam for a living and are known (but not infamous) in Kulanspace are always welcome at Starmeet.

Note that while Kulan has no native drow, there are drow living in Kulanspace. They aren't commonplace, by any means, but they are out there. Drow are never welcome in Starmeet, but they have been seen walking the streets of other less reputable spelljamming ports across the world. Drow who visit Kulan, and Kanpur in particular, are taking a huge risk. Elves will almost always shun or attack them. Gray dwarves will hire the best assassins to kill them, if they cannot kill them themselves. No price is too high. The one place on Kanpur where spelljamming drow can blend in without too much difficulty is Zakhara. Its racial tolerance allows spelljamming drow to come and go, although the race is beginning to earn a bad reputation. High tariffs keep the worst drow traders away. A drow who causes too much mischief will eventually have to deal with the holy slayers of Assassin Mountain. :twisted:
Chimpman wrote:As for the Fallenlands... well, I haven't read much about them yet, but it just sounds cool ;).
The Fallenlands was the second continent that I created for Kulan. While it's not as detailed as Harqual, it does have more lore written about it than Janardûn, Kanpur, or Triadora. The Fallenlands is a weird place full of weird races. It has to be when the dominant race are the jann. Then there are the nagpas. And not the nagpas of Mystara but my own version of the race. Add to that bald, desert-dewlling halflings as well as kenku and my unique kreen race (the throkr) and you have a very different land -- a land that was until just recently isolated from the rest of the world.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:58 am

As a followup to Chimpman's request about the dragonblooded races and their relatonship to dragons, I should note there are some unique factors regarding dragons in or near Drakhorn City. Primarily, the true dragons of this region will be the oriental dragons. And while other true dragons are not unheard of in the region, they are often isolated outcasts known as rogues. They have turned their backs on the Balance and the tenets of the Dragon Gods.

Io is the most important dragon deity, regardless of dragon type or subtype, even for the oriental dragons of Kanpur's Far East. Bahumut and Tiamat are not true gods in Kulan's cosmology. Bahumut is a LG Celestial Paragon as per the Book of Exalted Deeds while Tiamat is a LE Archdevil. Neither of these beings have worshipers in Drakhorn City. The other true dragon gods are as follows: Aasterinian, Messenger of Io (CN); Astilabor, The Acquisitor, Hoardmistress (TN); Chronepsis, The Silent, The Watcher (TN); Falazure, The Night Dragon, The Rogue Dragon God (NE); Lendys, Scale of Justice, The Balancer, Weigher of Lives (LN); Nathair, The Dragon of Mischief (TN); Tamara, Her Beneficence, Her Mercy (NG); Viccan, Draco's Protector, Master of Dragon Magic (TN); Zelloran, The Adventurer, The Dragontouched, The Warrior (TN).

Io has many titles including Creator of Dragonkind, Swallower of Shades, The Dragon of the Spire, The Great Eternal Wheel, and The Ninefold Dragon. And Io is, of course, True Neutral.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:13 am

Knightfall wrote:How's that for a start? :)
Not bad. It's about an inch into the mile of info that I'd love to see though. :facepalm: I know that's asking a lot but hopefully we can spurn ideas off of each other.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:28 am

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
Knightfall wrote:How's that for a start? :)
Not bad. It's about an inch into the mile of info that I'd love to see though. :facepalm: I know that's asking a lot but hopefully we can spurn ideas off of each other.
Here's a quick look at the region that surrounds the capital city of Alaran...

The key feature of this region is the canal system that connects the four freshwater lakes (no names yet) of the region. A major city dominates each one of these lakes and together they are considered the central lands of the Republic. The canal system is a engineering marvel, and it is vital for agriculture and commerce. Janardûn's central region used to be a dry land that was hot and dusty in the summer and cold and barren in the winter. Before the canals were built, there were no lake near Alasia and the body of water near Alaran was little more than a large pond. Now, both of the lakes are over 60+ miles long. The upper part of the canal near Rulhar's lake was once a naturally flowing river that has been canalized; the river once emptied underground where it eventually entered the Underearth. (Imagine how that went over with the denizens that used to rely on it.)

The canal system is more than an engineering feat; it is a feat of magical energy as well. For while magic is often considered secondary to psionic power on Janardûn, the peoples of the Republic do have a strong affinity for clerical magic (less so for arcane magic). The Pantheon of the Republic was a strong influence in getting the canals built, especially the Church of Ninurta and the Church of Marduk. Even some that originally opposed the construction eventually came to see the canal system as a boon for both civilization and nature. Priests devoted to Nanshe consider the canals to be a source of power for oneiromancy. Of course, there are those who refuse to accept the canals as a good thing, which is why the artificial waterways are constantly patrolled. Special soldiers called the Wætergard live and ride forth from the fortress called Cannagarder.

The canals are not the only engineering marvel created by the edicts of the Council of the House. Even though the map doesn't show any roads on it, all the cities in the Heartlands of the Republic are connected by well-built roads based on the idea of Roman roads. These roads would be equivalent to what the linked Wikipedia page refers to as Via Munita: A regular built road, paved with rectangular blocks of the stone of the country, or with polygonal blocks of lava. As one travels away from the capital city, the roads turn from stone paved to graveled earth to plain, leveled earth. The roads are considered a source of pride amongst the people, and if a major road becomes damaged, commoners and knights alike are quick to help fix the damage, as long as the damage is not severe. If it is, word is sent to the nearest city; repair crews are quick to respond as it is lucrative work.

There are major roads that travel parallel to the canal system on both sides of the built waterways. Bridges over the canals are massive and beautiful. Dwarves often make the best road and bridge builders.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:19 am

TAD,

Here's something that no one knows about Janardûn... the continent used to part of another, nearby, continent in the distant past of the world.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Knightfall wrote:TAD,

Here's something that no one knows about Janardûn... the continent used to part of another, nearby, continent in the distant past of the world.
How did Janardûn become its own separate continent? I still haven't worked it out yet. I have rejected the idea that a meteor strike sank the land in between the two continents. That idea has been overdone, IMO.

One idea I have is that of an attack from wildspace that ripped part of the planet away from the surface or perhaps the tearing of the world was on purpose. Imagine a planned cataclysm that ripped the heart and body of an ancient civilization from the world. Once separated from Kulan, the lost land rose into the void of wildspace. Where this once great civilization went is unknown. Did it survive? Will it return? And how could a whole ancient Spelljamming civilization pull such a feat off?

Regardless, the resulting backlash of magical energy changed the world. Janardûn became saturated with psionic energy. It was literally hit with a tidal wave of psychic potential that was pulled away from the land opposite the cataclysm, which is why psionics is so rare throughout Harqual. Along with the psionic wave, Janardûn experienced a tearing of arcane energy. The island continent has a high concentration of wild magic zones and unstable portals to other planes. Studying the arcane is a risky proposition, yet it is not forbidden. On Janardûn, wizards (and other 'learned' arcanists) are treated with grudging respect; sorcerers are more often treated with fearful awe.

More later...
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Janardûn sounds really interesting! :)

There arent nearly enough settings focusing on psionics....

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:45 am

Knightfall wrote:
Big Mac wrote:You have about eight threads for Harqual here. I don't really see the other areas represented. I think I'd love to see you make a "hero thread" that has an overview of every one of these areas. That way I could read each one and decide which area I like best.
Harqual has always been primary. It is my obsession. And it often drags me away from my other continents and regions because I've come to know it so well. A lot of the rest of the world is still a blank slate or dominated by settings that I've tucked into the world here and there (like Bluffside and Freeport).

The Eastern Lands of Kanpur are huge blank slate. I have done almost nothing with the region other than come up with place names and rough maps. The largest imported setting is the Land of Fate, which I've bent, twisted, and crammed into the southern shores of Kanpur. In many ways, my Zakhara will match the official one, yet I will have to change some of the history to blend it with my own version of the Dark Continent. It's been a daunting project, which became tougher after I began dropping a few of the Scarred Lands city sourcebooks onto the continent. Heh.
The thing with this is that if you haven't done much with some of these areas, it is fairly hard for anyone to know what you could do with them.
Knightfall wrote:Creating a "hero" thread for each continent would be very challenging. What exactly would you like to see in such threads? How much detail would be enough without me losing too much sleep?
I'm really just thinking of a thread to introduce each area. You could give as little or much information as you want, but if you feedback the amount of information you give will help people to help you.

What you wrote above, for the Eastern Lands of Kanpur, is enough to let people know what you might do with it if you were to work on it. Perhaps some of the people that hang out in the Al-Qadim forum might enjoy seeing you create villages, towns and cities that they could raid from World of Kulan to add back into their Al-Qadim games.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:26 am

Havard wrote:Janardûn sounds really interesting! :)

There arent nearly enough settings focusing on psionics....

-Havard
Thanks Havard.

Janardûn will remain a bit of a process for me. Unlike Harqual and Kanpur, I haven't really designated any published works to fit onto the continent*. I had planned to write a story for the continent, which would delve more into its background and society, but I decided against it. The setting itself needs more work. I need to have a clear vision of its past and present.

Plus, i need to have a better understanding of how psionics will influence the continent. I bought the Sarlona sourcebook for Eberron; I want to look through it for inspiration without Janardûn becoming a facsimile of it.

*Only one so far. The "Of Sound Mind" d20 adventure is tentatively set on the continent. Where? I don't know yet.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:48 am

Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:

The thing with this is that if you haven't done much with some of these areas, it is fairly hard for anyone to know what you could do with them.
The reason I haven't done much with any of them is because there wasn't a campaign need. I've never run an adventure on Janardûn, Kanpur, or Triadora. My old 2e campaign was limited to Harqual, the Fallenlands, and the Wakuna Islands where I have placed the isle of Dread. My 3e campaign never left Harqual (although it did travel to Sigil at one point, if I'm remembering correctly).

I haven't run a game in quite some time, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to GM again. I've been itching more to be a player. Yet, world building has remained my only way to scratch my gaming itch. :ugeek:
Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:Creating a "hero" thread for each continent would be very challenging. What exactly would you like to see in such threads? How much detail would be enough without me losing too much sleep?
I'm really just thinking of a thread to introduce each area. You could give as little or much information as you want, but if you feedback the amount of information you give will help people to help you.

What you wrote above, for the Eastern Lands of Kanpur, is enough to let people know what you might do with it if you were to work on it. Perhaps some of the people that hang out in the Al-Qadim forum might enjoy seeing you create villages, towns and cities that they could raid from World of Kulan to add back into their Al-Qadim games.
Hmm, it sound like I need to replicate (and update) my old EN World threads for each continent here on the Piazza. On the social group forum, I have threads for not only Harqual but also for Janardûn, Kanpur, Triadora, and the Fallenlands. Now, for Kanpur and Harqual, I already have a designated thread for each continent -- Kanpur: The Ancient Lands and The Lands of Harqual: Maps and More! I do foresee a need for three additional threads for Kanpur --- one each for the Western Lands, the Kanpur Interior, and the Eastern Lands, but I don't know if I'm there yet. I could probably start one for the Western Lands, at the very least.

Before that I'll start with a thread for The Fallenlands, then one for Janardûn, and finally one for Triadora.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:10 am

A tidbit about Kanpur...

The region known as The Dark Continent is inspired by the DRAGON Magazine article of the same name. The map truly reflects the map that appears in that article, although I had to morph it to allow for access to my version of Khemit (Mythic Egypt), as well as Zakhara. Since I drew the map, I have added to it and added to it.

Shelzar from the Scarred Lands was an easy add. Hollowfaust was tricker, but it fit in well in the region just north of the Dark Continent. Solamber is a fantasy city described in an sourcebook by Atlas Games. And, of course, the Corsair Domains now sits in a large gulf with the Dark Continent on one side and my version of the High Desert (from the Land of Fate boxed set) on the other.

The big add to the region, however, was Stormreach from the Eberron setting. I haven't worked out all the details about how it's going to fit into the region, but it was a given that the city would find its way onto Kanpur after I added Sharn just northeast of Khemit.

Also, dragonmarks will play an important role throughout much of Kanpur, but it won't be exactly like depicted in the Eberron campaign setting. Houses will not hold all the power of dragonmarks. It will be fluid and in some cases, fatal.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:04 am

More about Kanpur...

I've had an idea for a construct that would be one of the continent's engineering wonders. I haven't named or placed its exact location, just yet. I had originally though it might go where Sharn is now.

The construct is a bridge. Now, you see the word 'bridge' and immediately have your own ideas about what it might look like. Now, let me tell you this one fact; it is old. Now, how does that change how you envision it? Another fact: it was not built by dwarves. In fact, no one knows who built it. Another fact: it radiates powerful magic. Many consider it alive. And in many ways it has its own ecosystem.

Here's a major fact: The bridge is huge. And I don't mean huge like how a modern bridge can be huge. I mean like how the Great Wall of China is huge. Now, how does that change your mind's eye? It is massive and it is tall. It bridges not a great river or even a large canyon. No, it connects two distant landmasses. And no, I don't mean to the Fallenlands. It's not that big. It does extend over a sea, however. I just haven't decided which sea yet.

Oh, and here's another dragonmark tidbit...

There will be a dragonmark that is related to Spelljammming. ;)
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “World of Kulan”