The Fallenlands [Margoth-Nal]

The homebrew world of Knightfall.

Moderator: Knightfall

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

The Fallenlands [Margoth-Nal]

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:56 am

Introduction
The Fallenlands came about as result of needing an exotic locale for my players to explore for an ancient artifact. I didn’t want them to simply traverse the Lands of Harqual, find the artifact, and bring it back. I wanted it to be a quest and a half. The end result was an adventure I entitled “Journey to the Fallenlands.”

Little did I know at the time how much the Fallenlands would be like two of my favorite D&D campaign settings rolled into one (slightly altered) concept. You see, for the most part, the Fallenlands is a desert continent. From the Mountains of NarsKasis to the edge of the Ong Jungle, it is basically a huge homage to DARK SUN and AL-QADIM.

The Fallenlands is a hot, humid land where the genies known as the Jann rule huge, impenetrable, stone cities. It is a land where tribes of Kenku, Throkr, and other strange humanoids, such as the Sahne, vie for dominance of the desert wastes. It is home to the City of Cyrad where isolated pale-skinned humans struggle to survive against the environment and each other. It is the homeland of a race of noble, vulture-headed humanoids, called the Nagpa, older than any race on Kulan with life spans that even outstretch the Shoyir Elves of Janardûn.

This is the Fallenlands!

DM's Note: Now, some of you that have played Mystara probably perked an eyebrow up when you read "race of noble, vulture-headed humanoids, called the Nagpa" above. The reason for this is that the Nagpas of Kulan are not the cursed humans of Mystara. They are an race that evolved independently on Kulan for thousands of years and once ruled all of the Fallenlands. They would still be its rulers if one of their leaders, in ages past, hadn't struck a deal with the devil so to speak.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:59 am

The History of the Fallenlands
Very little is known about the history of the Fallenlands beyond the knowledge gathered and hidden by the nagpas. For while they are a good and noble race they do have one secret, which they protect from the other races of the continent. Partly out of pride, but mostly out of shame. Linked is the story of "The Five Treasures of the Geniekind," which tells of the Fallenlands distant past.

The continent once known as Margoth-Nal, by the telling of this story has a history spanning back thousands of years. Most who have heard it beyond the Great Library of Knowledge in the City of Craloona believe the story to be an exaggeration of the Fallenlands history. The trouble is so few non-nagpas have heard the story beyond the jann, and neither of those two races are willing to go into more detail about the Fallenlands past.

Most believe the Age of the Nagpa began only over 2,000 years ago not 3,000 to 4,000 years ago, as the nagpas would have others believe. However, nagpas are an extremely long-lived race and it isn’t inconceivable that the story tells the truth.

It is for certain that the Age of the Nagpa lasted nearly 1,000 years before the first of the invading armies arrived on the eastern shores of Margoth-Nal. These armies came from the continent of Kanpur, which lies closest to the Fallenlands, across the Far Sea. They landed southeastern coast and quickly spread into the Ong Jungle and the lands surrounding the Shield. [A 500-foot high cliff face, which separates Decamwa (called the Endless Sands by the jann) from the Verdant Lands of the southeast].

Age of Fire
Most mark the Age of Fire from the beginning of the war with the invading humanoids not after the geniekind became involved. It is believed the story of the Ma-Haukuai traveling to the Elemental Planes is a huge exaggeration of the true events surrounding the involvement of the efreet in the Ages War, as it was called. The humanoids from Kanpur were not so much invading the Fallenlands, as they were fleeing the conflicts raging across southern Kanpur at the time. These conflicts stretched across many southern lands of Kanpur including Khemit and Zakhara, as well as the region later known as the Dark Continent. It was also these conflicts which led to the downfall of the region now known as the Ruined Kingdoms.

But enough about Kanpur...

The Age of Fire is believed to have lasted nearly 200 years, as the Ages War raged across the Fallenlands consuming the great nagpa civilization. The efreet came to exact vengeance on the humanoids and they allied with the nagpa to do so. Allies of opportunity, it is said. The nagpas would have been better off fighting the humanoids on their own. The efreet betrayed the nagpas and their allies after defeating the bulk of the humanoids.

They also betrayed themselves to the dark forces of the Outer Planes. They compacted with powerful demons, using them to subjugate the races of the Fallenlands. This was the beginning of the end of their lives, as members of the races of the geniekind. They became the Ragahd and looked to spread their dark power across all of Kulan. This transformation did not go unnoticed by the Sultan of the Efreet and he swore vengeance on those who had betrayed him. It is not certain how the other races of the geniekind became involved but most point to the story and the pleadings of Ma-Haukuai.

The Age of Fire ended with the destruction of the once great land of Margoth-Nal, that name now not used by any except the nagpas. The Ragahd fought for every acre of the continent before fleeing to the Lower Planes. Now, they exist as a race of elemental demons, mainly in the Abyss although they can be found living amongst the denizens of Limbo and Pandemonium as well.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

History (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:00 am

Age of Isolation
It was just before the beginning of the Age of Isolation that a group of humans arrived on the Fallenlands to explore the land for the glory of Khemit. These people soon found themselves trapped on a harsh, wind swept continent, cutoff from their homeland, and surrounded by hostile humanoids. These humans found and retreated into a deep crevasse in the earth, which is now known as Shapneka. Here they found an abandoned city underground built by an unknown race claiming it as their own. They renamed it the City of Cyrad, in honor of the man who had led them to relative safety in Shapneka.

Their society quickly degenerated as old stories of Khemit were lost and the cyradi people began worshipping the gods of the lost race who had built the city. An ancient evil was uncovered and the cyradi soon fell into madness. Now, they exist mainly in a dreamlike state, while the followers of the Fiend Worm work them to death.

The Age of Isolation began nearly 1,000 years ago around the time human barbarians first began appearing in the Northlands of Harqual, give or take a few centuries. Exact dates from this time period are not known, as the Fallenlands became next to impossible to reach by sea or by air. A huge, never ending storm appeared around the Fallenlands from its northern shores to beyond the tip of the Ong Peninsula. The most powerful of these storms thundered in the western ocean beyond the Fallenlands, which would become known as the Black Storm Sea to those living on Harqual. (Called the Endless Water by the nagpas.)

The Age of Isolation brought the rise of the jann as a major power across the Fallenlands. Their great stone cities rose out of the ashes of the remains of the once proud nagpa civilization and the mark of destruction left by the Ragahd. The jann were left to guard the Fallenlands and the locations of the Five Treasures of the Geniekind, but they have become more concerned with the former than the later. The jann are every watchful over the other races of the Fallenlands but not to protect them but to protect the world from them. The jann begrudgingly respect the nagpas and the nomadic sahne. However, they have little tolerance for the other races.

Surprisingly, while the jann are the dominant power of the Fallenlands they are not its masters. The harsh land is the master and it takes a heavy toil on those who do not respect its power. No more so is this evident then the region of the Fallenlands known as the Volcanic Lands. This highly unstable region has, until recently, in ages past been a scorched, black magma-filled region near the center of the Fallenlands. It was here where the conquering efreet built the great city known as Lafar, City of Fire.

The city still stands to this day and was the hiding places of the artifact known as the Bow of Wind. Now, that artifact has disappeared along with its guardian. It is said that a group of adventurers, from another land, entered Lafar to claim the artifact but came out with nothing for their efforts. The adventurers soon disappeared from the lands of the Fallenlands. Stranger still the powerful storms protecting the Fallenlands have faded and the lands around Lafar have become more inert. It is believed that the adventurers somehow broke the magical ward placed to keep the Ragahd from returning to Kulan. Whether or not they also took the Bow of Wind and lied about finding it remains to be seen.

A New Age Begins
The Age of Isolation has ceased for the continent known as the Fallenlands. The seas are now open to the rest of the world and many have taken notice. In the east, explorers from Khemit and Zakhara have begun to slowly traverse across the Far Sea to the southern lands of the Ong Peninsula. While, to the north of Khemit, the great cities of Bluffside and Parma have sent their own expeditions to the New Land of the West, as they call it. Conflicts amongst these new invaders and the locales of the Fallenlands are bound to happen sooner or later.

Far to the south past the Wakuna Sea lies Merria home to numerous seafaring kingdoms and even more pirates. Long prevented from expanding their reach by the storms protecting the Fallenlands, now the southern shores of the lost continent are open to them. No longer are Humans, Rakasta, and other notable races unknown in the ports of call of the Fallenlands, although they are still quite rare.

And in their stone cities, the jann watch and wait for the eventual return of the Ragahd to the Fallenlands and they wonder if anything can be done to stop the elemental demons.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:07 am

That's the very basic history for the continent. I wrote it some time ago, but it is still true to where the continent is in relation to the timeline I've set for the Lands of Harqual. Now, what do you want me to post next?

I can start by copying over the list for the Standard Races and Creatures for the continent, or I can post the introductory descriptive text for the Nagpa Gods. Or make a query and I'll answer it.

EDIT: I just remembered that I've already posted a revised list concerning the Races of the Fallenlands on my initial World of Kulan thread. Even though I've linked to it, I'm going to do a quick cut and paste of that list to this thread simply for completeness.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:24 am

Oh, one other tidbit...

Two old school adventures are set on/in the Fallenlands -- B4 The Lost City and The Desert of Desolation supermodule. I have already run B4 as part of my 2e campaign but that doesn't mean it couldn't be used again. I have yet to run the supermodule as part of The Fallenlands and it would require significant changes to account for the rarity of humans on the continent. The easiest thing to do would be to replace all the humans with jann. Yet, such a change would dramatically shift the supermodule's difficulty.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:36 am

Races of the Fallenlands [Detailed List]
The racial makeup of the Fallenlands is decisively non-human. The one true human race are the Cyradi and those humans are isolationists. They are are also a bit odd. The Cyradi are my versions of the humans from the old school module "B4 The Lost City." The dominate race of the continent are the jann. Other common races include bakemonos, the dragonborn, geckofolk, the hengeyokai, kenkus, nagpas, and the throkr. Besides the humans of Cyrad, the only other traditional race are the Sahne — a race of nomadic, desert-dwelling halflings. There are also firenewts, goliaths, and hadozees but they aren't as common.

PRIMARY RACES
Common
Bakemono, Fallenlanden
Dragonborn
Fremlin
Geckofolk
Halfling, Sahne
Hengeyokai, Fallenlanden
● Janni [MM]
Kenku, Fallenlanden
Throkr (kreen)

Uncommon
Baklath
Buckawn
● Chromithian [Complete Minions] [d20]
● Crucian [Sandstorm]
● Draconic Creature [Template] [Races of the Dragon] (Nonhuman base creatures only)
● Half-Janni [Template] [Sandstorm]
● Mongrelfolk [Races of Destiny]
Nagpa
● Quissian [Mythic Races] [d20]
● Sendasti [Mythic Races] [d20]

Rare
● Armand [MM3]
● Azer [MM] (new)
● Coivald [Mythic Races] [d20]
Dragontouched [Draconic Creature] †
● Firenewt [Serpent Kingdoms]
● Goliath [Races of Stone]
● Hadozee [Stormwrack]
Human, Cyradi
Minotaur, Fallenlanden
● Planetouched, Zenythri [MM2]

Very Rare
● Cheitan Janni [Tome of Horrors II] [d20]
Dragon-Kin, Fallenlanden
Elf, Draconesti [Dragon Elf]
● Giant, Sand [MM3]
● Half-Dragon [Template] [Races of the Dragon] (Fallenlanden dragons only)
● Half-Fiend [Template] [MM] (new)
● Manticora [Creature Collection: Revised] (new)
Rakasta
● Skarn [Magic of Incarnum]

SECONDARY RACES
Common
● Banderlog [Glades of Death] [d20]
● Chorrim [Arcana Evolved] [d20]
● Duskling [Magic of Incarnum]
● Human, Zealot [Diablo II: To Hell and Back]
● Kech [Glades of Death] [d20]
● Knük [Complete Minions] [d20]
Plantfolk [Creature Catalog]
● Planetouched, Stonechild [Races of Stone]
● Rhoode [Mythic Races] [d20]

Uncommon
● Bat Devil [Piterin] [Creature Collection: Revised] [d20]
● Felclaw [Lost Prehistorica] [d20] (new)
● Feytouched [Fiend Folio]
● Half-Fey [Template] [Fiend Folio]
● Half-Troll [Template] [Fiend Folio]
● Rhodin [Arcana Evolved] [d20]
● Rilkan [Magic of Incarnum]
● Sealfolk †
● Zha'lari [The Complete Book of Denizens] [d20]

Rare
● Diopsid [DRAGON Compendium]
● Gnome, Fire [Planar Handbook] (new)
● Harssaf [MM3]
● Human, Azurin [Magic of Incarnum]
● Inshon [Arcana Evolved] [d20] (new)
● Lava Child [City of Brass] [d20]
● Mephling [Planar Handbook]
● Tsathar [The Tome of Horrors: Revised Edition] [d20]
Zetetic-touched

Very Rare
● Arachtar [Legacy of the Dragons] [d20]
● Balthrok [Legacy of the Dragons] [d20]
● Draenei [WarCraft RPG: Manual of Monsters] (new)
● Giant, Smoke [Tome of Horrors III] [d20]
● Human, Tarmak [DRAGONLANCE Campaign Setting] (new)
● Purrloiner [What The... ?] [d20] (new)
● Ss-eleer [Warlords of the Accordlands: Monsters and Lairs] [d20] (new)
● Troll, Blade [Legacy of the Dragons] [d20]
● Zamrul [Races of Evernor: Part III] [d20]

Special (requires DM approval)
Dracovaran † | [Epic Race]
● Quaraphon [MM3]
● Soulfused Construct [Template] [Magic of Incarnum] (new)

† Homebrewed racial traits.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:23 pm

The Margoth-Nal Pantheon [Nagpa Gods]
As described in the story of the "Five Treasures of the Geniekind," the Nagpa Gods were unable to come to the aid of their people due to the war being fought in the heavens with the evil gods of the invading humanoids. This is the simple explanation.

The complex explanation is that the Margoth-Nal Pantheon, in ages past, was a very small group of gods known mainly for their creative and knowledge-based portfolios: Chagnal, Kaawal, Qual-Rin, and Tesporaii. Kaawal, The Feathered Mother, is the Goddess of Home and Hearth. She venerated by families and friends amongst the nagpa, which includes all but the most isolated souls. Qual-Rin, The Writing Claw, is the God of Scholars. Writers, scholars, librarians, and bookmakers mainly venerate Qual-Rin. Tesporaii, the least scholarly of these deities, is Mistress of the Land and the closest thing the nagpa had to a martial god, as she is also the Goddess of Mining and Conservation. Her followers did the best they could against the invading humanoids but were not true soldiers.

Even the greater deity Chagnal was little more than the God of Knowledge and Creation during this time period. Eventually he would be revered as the Lord of Magic by the nagpa as well but not until much later. The truth was that there wasn’t a war in the heavens because the Nagpa Gods knew they’d be defeated.

This knowledge didn’t stop them from caring about their people and they moved to ensure that some would survive. They chose the nagpas of NarsKasis to be the bastion of hope for their people, ordering their most powerful clerics to gather all the knowledge they could and bring it to the Great Library of Knowledge in Craloona. Here the nagpa isolated their people from the worst of the war ravaging the Fallenlands.

They provided aid to the genies when they came but regretted the decision soon afterwards. After that, the nagpa people did not move or breathe without the consent of their gods. So much had been lost and The Great Father Bird was unwilling to risk his peoples very existence by opposing the ragahd. He waited for the Invader’s War to be over, teaching his people the power of magic and knowledge combined. He gave them the secret of Jecrite, a powerful magic-induced stone, which could be fashioned into weapons and defenses.

However, not all nagpas were willing to just stand by and wait for salvation. One, named Vasos, took the fight to the humanoids and the ragahd. He and his followers threw themselves at the invading armies. They met with little success but did hold the line against the darkness engulfing the continent. They sacrificed themselves time and time again to allow thousands of retreating nagpas to escape into NarsKasis. Vasos, himself, stood at the Grand Gate of NarsKasis near the end of the Invader’s War, dying, single-handedly defending those retreating into the gate.

So great was Vasos’ sacrifice that Chagnal took him into the heavens and elevated him to the status of God of Courage and Strength. Many young nagpas flocked to the banner of Vasos, to help protect NarsKasis during the dark times to come. The most devoted of these would be Sanian. Sanian, The True, devote his life to The Courageous One and the defense of his people from the evil humanoids now preying upon the lands after the end of the Invader’s War. Sanian died a Saint to his people and was raised up into the heavens by Chagnal to join his Lord, Vasos, as the God of Truth and Honor.

The Age of Isolation came and the war was soon put behind the beleaguered nagpas of NarsKasis. However, suffering still too many and all felt the nagpa people, as a society was lost. This pain and suffering did not go unnoticed, however. Chagnal beseeched the Sultan of the Efreet to return Ma-Haukuai to his people to show them that suffering and sacrifice are not in vain. Surprisingly, the Sultan agreed to the god’s request, possibly feeling some responsibility for the decline of the nagpa as a race. With this agreement Ma-Haukuai is returned to the nagpa as the God of Loss and Sacrifice. His body is still burnt and broken, thus, he is also revered as the Lord of Death and the Flames.

These are the gods of the nagpa as the new age begins…
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:58 am

The Nagpa Gods

Chagnal
God of Knowledge and Creation, Lord of Magic, The Great Father Bird

Greater Deity
Symbol: A feathered staff made from Jecrite
Home Plane: Arcadia
Godly Realm: The Feathered Past
Alignment: Lawful neutral
Portfolio: Creation, history, legends, magic, supreme
Worshipers: Nagpas; bards, historians, sages, sorcerers, wizards
Cleric Alignments: LG, LN, LE
Domains: Creation, Esteem, Good, History, Knowledge, Law, Magic, Sun
Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff

Kaawal
Goddess of Home and Hearth, The Feathered Mother

Lesser Deity
Symbol: A clay hut
Home Plane: Elysium
Godly Realm: The Home of Rest
Alignment: Neutral good
Portfolio: Family, friends, home, hearth
Worshipers: Nagpas; druids, all those who believe in family and having friends, the occasional fremlin
Cleric Alignments: LG, NG, CG
Domains: Community, Family, Fire, Good, Protection
Favored Weapon: Sap

Ma-Haukuai
God of Loss and Sacrifice, Lord of Death and the Flames

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A nagpa crying fiery tears
Home Plane: Material Plane
Godly Realm: The Fiery Underearth
Portfolio: Sacrifice, loss, death, fire
Worshipers: Nagpas; elementalists (fire), monks, the dying, anyone who has lost or sacrificed something meaningful, mongrelfolk
Domains: Death or Repose, Fire, Healing, Law, War
Favored Weapon: Dagger

Qual-Rin
God of Scholars, The Writing Claw

Demigod
Symbol: The stacks in a library
Home Plane: Celestia
Godly Realm: The Claw’s Library
Alignment: Lawful good
Portfolio: Writers, bookbinding, scholars
Worshipers: Nagpas; bards, bookbinders, scholars, wizards, writers
Cleric Alignments: LG, LN, NG
Domains: Good, Knowledge, Law, Thought

Sanian
God of Truth and Honor, The Pure Heart, The True

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A white, five-pointed star shining above the desert
Godly Realm: Honor’s Oasis
Portfolio: Honor, purity, truth
Worshipers: Nagpas; monks, paladins, other sacred warriors,the occasional goliath
Domains: Good, Healing, Inquisition, Knowledge, Protection, Purity
Favored Weapon: Short sword

Tesporaii
Goddess of Mining and Conservation, Mistress of the Land

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A miner’s pick crossed with a druid’s staff
Home Plane: Elemental Earth
Godly Realm: The Miners’ Cavern
Alignment: True neutral
Portfolio: Mining, conservation, the land
Worshipers: Nagpas; druids, elementalists (earth), miners, rangers, the occasional rhoode
Cleric Alignments: LN, NG, N, NE, CN
Domains: Earth, Knowledge, Mining, Plant, Renewal, Water
Favored Weapon: Light pick or quarterstaff

Vasos
God of Courage and Strength, The Courageous One, The Traveler

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A road through the mountains
Godly Realm: Wanders
Portfolio: Courage, guards, strength, wanderers
Worshipers: Nagpas; fighters, guards, monks, paladins, rangers, travelers, the occasional hengeyokai or sahne
Domains: Courage, Good, Herald, Protection, Strength, Travel
Favored Weapon: Katana
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 am

Comments? Queries? Wishes?
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:11 am

Cyradi Pantheon
The Gods of the Cyradi aren't a tight knit group of deities like the Nagpa Gods, although Ra is considered to be the leader of the pantheon (depending on who you ask, however). They are known for interfering in the lives of the Cyradi people, but they rarely come to a worshipers aid unless it benefits them in a significant way. The bulk of these gods are taken from the Egyptian Pantheon, but their faiths & followers will be as unique to the Fallenlands as the faiths & followers of Bast, Harmakhis, Nephthys, Ptah, and Thoth will be to the Lands of Harqual.

Gorm, Madarua, Usamigaras, and Zargon are deities from The Lost City module of which the cyradi are based. I have altered them slightly to better reflect the Fallenlands past isolation. Zargon has been modified based on its inclusion in the D&D Elder Evils accessory for 3rd Edition.

Rowe and and Varmut are my creations.

Aker
God of the Earth and Death

Lesser Deity
Symbol: Two lions’ heads facing away from each other
Godly Realm: Death’s Heart
Portfolio: Death, the earth
Worshipers: Cyradi; embalmers, guardians, kings, goliaths
Domains: Darkness, Earth, Good, Protection, Repose
Favored Weapon: Light hammer or longsword

Anubis
Guardian of the Dead, Judge of the Dead, The Hound of the Dead

Lesser Deity
Symbol: Black jackal
Home Plane: Arcadia and/or Plane of Twilight
Godly Realm: Heliopolis and/or Wanders
Portfolio: Judgment, death, Guardian of the Twilight
Worshipers: Cyradi; embalmers, guardians, monks
Domains: Law, Luck, Protection, Repose, Strength, Twilight
Favored Weapon: Light or heavy mace

Aten
The Sun, The Sun Disc

Lesser Deity
Symbol: Sun disc
Portfolio: The sun
Worshipers: Cyradi; sages, wizards
Domains: Air, Bounty, Fire, Strength, Sun
Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff or longsword

Bes
Short Father

Lesser Deity
Symbol: Image of the deity
Portfolio: Happiness, music, protection, war
Worshipers: Cyradi; fighters, rogues, bards, gamblers, quissians, the sahne
Domains: Luck, Music, Protection, Strength, War
Favored Weapon: Short sword

Geb
God of the Earth, Father under the Skies and Sands

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: Mountain
Home Plane: Elemental Earth
Godly Realm: The Caverns under the Stars
Portfolio: Earth
Worshipers: Cyradi; farmers, druids, miners, goliaths, rhoode
Domains: Cavern, Earth, Mining, Plant, Protection, Strength

Gorm
God of Storms and War, The Grim Judge

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A blue lightning bolt
Home Plane: Deluer
Godly Realm: The Winds of Justice
Portfolio: Justice, storms, war
Worshipers: Cyradi men; fighters, warriors
Domains: Air, Inquisition, Law, Storm, Retribution, War
Favored Weapon: Longsword

Horus
The Avenger

Lesser Deity
Symbol: Falcon or hawk
Home Plane: Arcadia
Godly Realm: Heliopolis
Portfolio: Sun, revenge, war, sky
Worshipers: Cyradi; soldiers, warriors, fighters, those seeking vengeance and retribution, quissians
Domains: Destruction, Law, Retribution, Sun, War
Favored Weapon: Longsword or lance

Isis
Goddess of Fertility and Magic, Lady of Knowledge

Greater Deity
Symbol: Ankh and star
Godly Realm: Quietude
Portfolio: Fertility, magic, marriage
Worshipers: Cyradi; women, wives and mothers, bards, druids, mystics, wizards, sorcerers
Domains: Community, Bounty, Family, Good, Healing, Magic, Mysticism, Renewal

Madarua
The Warrior Maiden

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: Sickle
Home Plane: Upper Outlands
Godly Realm: Birth of War
Portfolio: Birth, death, changing seasons
Worshipers: Cyradi women; mothers, druids, mystics, female warriors & fighters
Cleric Alignments: LN, NG, N, CN
Domains: Death, Healing, Protection, Moon, Renewal, Weather
Favored Weapon: Longspear

Osiris
God of Fertility and the Dead, The White Crown

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: Crown and flail
Home Plane: Celestia
Godly Realm: Memphiria
Portfolio: Harvest, nature, underworld
Worshipers: Cyradi; nobles, rulers, fighters, paladins, farmers, rangers, commoners
Domains: Good, Law, Protection, Renewal, Repose, Plant
Favored Weapon: Crook or quarterstaff

Ra
God of the Sun, Pharaoh of the Gods

Greater Deity
Symbol: A serpent wrapped around a solar disc
Godly Realm: Thekele-Re
Portfolio: Pharaohs, sun, supreme
Worshipers: Cyradi; rulers and viziers, nobles, scholars, fighters, paladins, monks
Domains: Bounty, Esteem, Good, Knowledge, Light, Nobility, Protection, Sun
Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff or club

Rowe
Goddess of Lust and Pain, The Widow Maker

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A whip
Home Plane: Gray Waste
Godly Realm: Wrath of Jealousy
Alignment: Neutral evil
Portfolio: Lust, pain, jealousy, female dominance
Worshipers: Cyradi women; warriors & fighters, jealous lovers, sadists, those who enjoy inflicting pain
Cleric Alignments: LE, NE, CE
Domains: Evil, Lust, Magic, Pain, Seduction, Trickery
Favored Weapon: Scourge

Set
Defiler of the Dead, Lord of Evil

Greater Deity
Symbol: Coiled cobras
Home Plane: Baator
Godly Realm: Ankhwugaht
Alignment: Lawful evil
Portfolio: Darkness, evil, night, desert storms, drought
Worshipers: Cyradi, Fallenlanden minotaurs; evil monks, assassins, blackguards, and evil, power-seeking humanoids
Cleric Alignments: LN, LE, NE
Domains: Air, Darkness, Destruction, Evil, Law, Scalykind, Strength, Windstorm
Favored Weapon: Shortspear or halfspear

Thoth
God of Knowledge and Magic

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: Ibis
Home Plane: Plane of Twilight
Godly Realm: Pyramid of Knowledge
Portfolio: Intelligence, knowledge, magic, orators, scholars, wisdom
Worshipers: Cyradi; scholars, sages, travelers, bards, sorcerers, wizards, nagpas
Cleric Alignments: LN, N, NE, CN
Domains: Divination, Knowledge, Fate, Magic, Oracle, Secrecy, Thought

Usamigaras
God of Messengers and Thieves, The Winged Child

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A five-pointed, silver star
Home Plane: Ouno
Godly Realm: Usamigaras’ Hall
Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Portfolio: Healing, magic, messengers, thieves
Worshipers: Cyradi; bards, messengers, rogues, healers, sorcerers, wizards
Cleric Alignments: CG, CN, CE
Domains: Celerity, Healing, Magic, Secrecy, Skullduggery, Trickery
Favored Weapon: Dagger

Varmut
God of Dedication and Soldiers, The Harsh Light

Lesser Deity
Symbol: A silver scimitar in front on a solar disc
Godly Realm: Fortress under the Sun
Portfolio: Dedication, soldiers, sunlight
Worshipers: Cyradi; soldiers, warriors, fighters, monks, quissians
Domains: Courage, Law, Light, Strength, Sun
Favored Weapon: Scimitar

Zargon
Fiend Worm, The Devourer in the Depths, The Forgotten God, The Returner

Elder Evil (Slumbering)
Symbol: A black horn on a blood-red field
Home Plane: Baator
Godly Realm: Black Ziggurat
Alignment: Lawful evil
Portfolio: Bloody death, destruction, slime
Worshipers: Insane cyradi, soldiers, Fallenlanden minotaurs, guards, sorcerers, wizards, cultists
Cleric Alignments: LE, NE, CE
Domains: Chaos, Death, Destruction, Evil, Madness, Ooze
Favored Weapon: Light flail
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:56 am

The Goliath Gods
Originally, I had planned to only have two pantheons of gods for the Fallenlands as well as a list of additional gods that aren't tied to any one particular race. After I decided to add the goliath race from D&D Races of Stone to the continent, the plan had to change since the race has its own set of deities. Yes, I could have just left them out but what fun would that have been. :)

See pages 65 to 68 in that sourcebook for more details on these deities.

Kavaki
The Ram-Lord

Greater Deity
Symbol: The head of a ram, a ram's skull, or two ram's horns joined together
Home Plane: Beastlands
Godly Realm: Ramheart
Portfolio: Goliaths, competition
Worshipers: Goliaths, warriors
Cleric Alignments: N, LN, CN, NG, NE
Domains: Celerity, Competition, Nobility, Passion, Protection, Strength, Travel, War
Favored Weapon: Greatclub

Kuliak
The Dead Goddess

Demigoddess
Symbol: A black ram's horn
Home Plane: Upper or Lower Outlands
Portfolio: The dead, exiles
Worshipers: Exiled goliaths
Cleric Alignments: N, NE, CN, LN, NG
Domains: Death, Magic, Travel, Water
Favored Weapon: Morningstar

Manethak
The Wise Hunter

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A metal armband or animal tracks
Godly Realm: Lorelodge
Portfolio: Hunting, lore
Worshipers: Goliaths, barbarians, druids, rangers, scouts
Cleric Alignments: N, NG, CN, LN, NE
Domains: Animal, Craft, Feast, Knowledge, Luck, Summer
Favored Weapon: Spear

Naki-Uthai
The Brave Climber

Lesser Deity
Symbol: A two-pronged hook
Godly Realm: Mountainside
Portfolio: Mountains, climbing, bravery
Worshipers: Goliaths, mountaineers, warriors
Cleric Alignments: N, CN, LN, NG, NE
Domains: Earth, Endurance, Mountain, Strength, Sun
Favored Weapon: Heavy pick

Theleya
The Fertile One

Intermediate Deity
Symbol: Bowl of berries or nuts
Godly Realm: Meadowglen
Portfolio: Fertility, growth
Worshipers: Goliaths, druids, matrons, rangers
Cleric Alignments: N, NG, LN, CN, NE
Domains: Community, Healing, Joy, Magic, Plant, Renewal
Favored Weapon: Sickle

Vanua
The Harbinger of Woe

Lesser Deity
Symbol: Flame over a mountain peak
Godly Realm: Firesummit
Portfolio: Natural disasters, misfortune
Worshipers: Goliaths, druids, elementalist (fire)
Cleric Alignments: N, CN, NE, NG, LN
Domains: Cold, Destruction, Fire, Trickery, Windstorm
Favored Weapon: Heavy flail
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Knightfall wrote:It is for certain that the Age of the Nagpa lasted nearly 1,000 years before the first of the invading armies arrived on the eastern shores of Margoth-Nal. These armies came from the continent of Kanpur, which lies closest to the Fallenlands, across the Far Sea. They landed southeastern coast and quickly spread into the Ong Jungle and the lands surrounding the Shield. [A 500-foot high cliff face, which separates Decamwa (called the Endless Sands by the jann) from the Verdant Lands of the southeast].
What is the orientation of the Shield?

Is Decamwa or the Verdant Lands the high ground?

What sort of weather systems keep desert on one side and verdant land on the other side? (Have you looked at Robert S. Conley's How to Build a Fantasy Sandbox tutorials and worked out wind and rain patterns that keep this going?)

Is the Shield static, or does something cause the face to crumble away over time? If, for example, the Verdant Lands were high, have they been vanishing at the rate of 1 foot per year?

If Decamwa is on the high side, is the Shield some sort of "sand dam" that has prevented millions of tons of sand from blowing across the Verdant Lands and burying them?

Are the Fallenlands literally fallen, in that they have dropped 500 feet into the ground and become a desert?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:18 am

Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:It is for certain that the Age of the Nagpa lasted nearly 1,000 years before the first of the invading armies arrived on the eastern shores of Margoth-Nal. These armies came from the continent of Kanpur, which lies closest to the Fallenlands, across the Far Sea. They landed southeastern coast and quickly spread into the Ong Jungle and the lands surrounding the Shield. [A 500-foot high cliff face, which separates Decamwa (called the Endless Sands by the jann) from the Verdant Lands of the southeast].
What is the orientation of the Shield?
The cliff known as the Shield is oriented from the southwest to the northeast along the edge of Decamwa. In many ways, the shield is its own natural feature. However, there are mountains that stand between Decamwa and the Verdant Lands. The easiest way to think of these mountains is that they once attached the Shield more directly to the Verdant Lands. The Fallenlands has a very turbulent past and its historic wars scarred more than the various peoples; the land was sundered in many places, and the Shield is the second most obvious of these scars (the volcanic Lands are the most obvious). The foothills around the mountain range are the remnants of land that collapsed. Over time, this sundered terrain has settled but a lot of it remains unstable, especially near the Shield. The other side of the mountain range has less issues and has some intelligent races living amongst its hills and foothills.
Big Mac wrote:Is Decamwa or the Verdant Lands the high ground?
As I noted on Facebook, Decamwa is the high ground.
Big Mac wrote:What sort of weather systems keep desert on one side and verdant land on the other side? (Have you looked at Robert S. Conley's How to Build a Fantasy Sandbox tutorials and worked out wind and rain patterns that keep this going?)
I never really thought about it. Originally there was just the Shield without a mountain range in between. So, I guess the mountain range is how I'd control the weather systems between the two regions.
Big Mac wrote:Is the Shield static, or does something cause the face to crumble away over time? If, for example, the Verdant Lands were high, have they been vanishing at the rate of 1 foot per year?
The Shield in the words of C-3PO, is not entirely stable. Chunks of earth and stone often fall from the edge, crushing anything below. It is a very dangerous area; only the most powerful (or most insane) creatures dare to live along the edge of the Shield.

It is believed by nagpa scholars that the Shield is expanding, lengthwise. As the land crumbles, it generates pressure along its length. This causes earthquakes and the occasional sand wave (think like a landslide of sand, silt, and large rocks [but mostly sand]).
Big Mac wrote:If Decamwa is on the high side, is the Shield some sort of "sand dam" that has prevented millions of tons of sand from blowing across the Verdant Lands and burying them?
The Fallenlands is divided into three major terrain areas (that's the simple way of looking at it). Along the coastline are verdant lands that are named based on peninsulas and waterways. The most southeasterly area is the only 'verdant land' that has a region known as the Verdant Lands (because they are the most verdant). As one travels towards the interior of the continent the land slowly becomes drier and hotter. Eventually scrub brush gives way to desert terrain, so in most places the transition is gradual. In the center of the continent are the lands known as the Volcanic Lands where most of the damage was done.

Now, along the Shield, the transition between the desert and the land below is shear. Desert winds often blow sand and rock off the cliff. The region below has become a bit of a death trap. Think of it like the silt seas of Athas but less expansive. The mountains usually blocks most of the debris but sometimes the clouds of silt floats between the narrow mountain valleys and down into the Verdant Lands. When it is high summer, the sand and silt becomes a major problem.
Big Mac wrote:Are the Fallenlands literally fallen, in that they have dropped 500 feet into the ground and become a desert?
No. Although there are many areas that rose or sunk during the continent's tragic past. I should also note that the Fallenlands has a SIGNIFICANT number of volcanoes and not just in the Volcanic Lands. One of the largest sits in a star-shaped mountain range in the Ong Jungle. It is very active. The mountain range near the Shield doesn't have any active volcanoes but it does have a dormant one.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

The Volcanic Lands

Post by Knightfall » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:32 am

Another quick map...

I'll add more details later. ;)

Map will be relocated to a different web site (likely Kulan World Journal).

The Volcanic Lands
Still to be written.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Fallenlanden Classes [Rarity]

Post by Knightfall » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:57 am

D&D Classes for the Fallenlands
A player who wants to choose a Common or Uncommon class has little restrictions on their choice, but a player who wants to choose a Rare or Very Rare class must convince the DM or roll randomly to see if their character can acquire the class. A random roll for a Rare class requires a 25 or lower on a Percentile Roll while a random roll for a Very Rare class requires a 15 or lower. For a unique class a random percentile roll is required. The player MUST roll 5 or less to play such a character.

More to be written...

PLAYER'S HANDBOOK v.3.5
[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b] Barbarian|Common Bard|Rare Cleric|Uncommon Druid|Common Fighter|Common Monk|Rare Paladin|Very Rare Ranger|Uncommon Rogue|Common Sorcerer|Rare Wizard|Common
MAGIC OF INCARNUM
[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b] Incarnate|Uncommon Soulborn|Very Rare Totemist|Common
CUSTOM KULAN CLASSES
[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b] Elementalist|Uncommon Trader|Common
COMPLETE SERIES
[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b]|[b]Sourcebook[/b] Ardent|Very Rare|Complete Psionic Divine Mind|Very Rare|Complete Psionic Erudite|Unique|Complete Psionic Favored Soul|Very Rare|Complete Divine Hexblade|Uncommon|Complete Warrior Lurk|Rare|Complete Psionic Ninja|N/A|Complete Arcane Samurai|N/A|Complete Warrior Scout|Common|Complete Arcane Shugenja|N/A|Complete Divine Spellthief|Very Rare|Complete Adventurer Spirit Shaman|Uncommon|Complete Divine Swashbuckler|Uncommon|Complete Warrior Warlock|Rare|Complete Arcane Warmage|Very Rare|Complete Arcane Wu Jen|N/A|Complete Arcane
OTHER D&D SOURCEBOOKS
[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b]|[b]Sourcebook[/b] Adept|Uncommon|Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5 Archivist|Very Rare|Heroes of Horror Artificer|Unique|EBERRON Campaign Setting Bardic Sage|N/A|Unearthed Arcana Beguiler|Very Rare|Player's Handbook II Binder|Rare|Tome of Magic Commoner|Common|Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5 Dragonfire Adept|Rare|Dragon Magic Dragon Shaman|Rare|Player's Handbook II Dread Necromancer|Very Rare|Heroes of Horror Duskblade|N/A|Player's Handbook II Eidolon|N/A|Ghostwalk Eidoloncer|N/A|Ghostwalk Expert|Common|Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5 Healer|Uncommon|Miniatures Handbook Knight|N/A|Player's Handbook II Marshal|Rare|Miniatures Handbook Psion|Rare|Expanded Psionics Handbook Psychic Warrior|Uncommon|Expanded Psionics Handbook Savage Bard|Uncommon|Unearthed Arcana Shadowcaster|Unique|Tome of Magic Soulknife|Very Rare|Expanded Psionics Handbook Totem Barbarian|Uncommon|Unearthed Arcana Truenamer|Unique|Tome of Magic Urban Ranger|Very Rare|Unearthed Arcana Warrior|Common|Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5 Wilder|Uncommon|Expanded Psionics Handbook Wilderness Rogue|Common|Unearthed Arcana Witch|N/A|Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5
DRAGON MAGAZINE CLASSES
[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b]|[b]Source[/b] Anarch|Very Rare|Issue #310 Anti-Paladin|Unique|Issue #312 Avenger|Very Rare|Issue #310 Battle Dancer|Uncommon|DRAGON Compendium Corrupter|Unique|Issue #312 Crusader|Very Rare|Issue #311 Death Master|Rare|DRAGON Compendium Despot|Unique|Issue #312 Enforcer|Unique|Issue #310 Incarnate|Unique|Issue #310 Jester|Rare|DRAGON Compendium Mountebank|Uncommon|DRAGON Compendium Savant|Unique|DRAGON Compendium Sha'ir|Uncommon|DRAGON Compendium Sentinel|Very Rare|Issue #310 Urban Druid|Very Rare|DRAGON Compendium Winter Warden|N/A|Issue #311
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:52 am

Added both Coivald from the Legends & Lairs Mythic Races sourcebook (by Fantasy Flight Games) and Crucian from D&D Sandstorm to the list of races. Both are listed under the standard races, although both races are very rare. The Races of the Fallenlands list has now been reworked to be like the list on the Janardûn thread.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Magic of Incarnum

Post by Knightfall » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:02 am

I've decided that for World of Kulan, the traditions of Magic of Incarnum were created on The Fallenlands. These traditions were created during the centuries of isolation that the continent went through and races and classes in the sourcebook aren't known beyond its shores even though the isolation has ended.

Incarnum will be to The Fallenlands what Psionics are too Janardun.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Map originally posted on EN World

Post by Knightfall » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:21 pm

Short Description
The Mountains of NarsKasis are where the bulk of the nagpa civilization lives. Craloona is the capital city of the nagpas.

Crilian and Askinesiks are cities dominated by the jann. Giakk is a mixed city. (The jann still dominate the population, however.)

Note: Humans are very rare in the Fallenlands; they are almost unknown in some areas. Humans on this continent fall into one of two categories: (1) the cyradi who live in the canyon known as Shapneka and (2) human visitors from other continents.

Map being relocated to another web site.

NarsKasis Mountains Region
Still to be written.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Map being relocated to another web site.

Southern Shores of The Fallenlands
Still to be written.

I've posted the latest version of the overview map of the Fallenlands on EN World. [link]
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Fallenlanden Source List to be added here...

Post by Knightfall » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:33 am

Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Creatures of the Fallenlands

Post by Knightfall » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:29 pm

Standard Creatures
Here are the standard creatures for The Fallenlands. This list includes creatures from the D&D Monster Manual, D&D Magic of Incarnum, and D&D Sandstorm, as well as any homebrewed creations that can be found on the Fallenlands.

A
• Aboleth (MM)
• Allip (MM)
• Animated Objects [all] (MM)
• Angel, Fire
• Ankheg (MM)
• Ant Lion, Giant (Sa)
• Ants, Giant [all] (MM)
• Ape, Dire (MM)
• Arachog
• Ashen Husk (Sa)
• Assassin Vine (MM)
• Athach (MM)
• Azer (MM) [also a PC race]

B
• Bakemono, Fallenlanden [also a PC race]
• Baklath [also a PC race]
• Banded Lizard, Giant (Sa)
• Basilisk (MM)
• Bat, Dire (MM)
• Beetle, Giant Bombardier (MM)
• Beetle, Giant Fire (MM)
• Beetle, Giant Stag (MM)
• Behir (MM)
• Brine Swimmer (Sa)
• Buckawn [also a PC race]
• Bulette (MM)

C
• Carrion Crawler (MM)
• Chekryan (Sa)
• Chimera (MM)
• Choker (MM)
• Chuul (MM)
• Crawling Apocalypse (Sa)
• Crocodile, Giant (MM)
• Cursed Cold One [Gelun] (Sa)

D
• Darkmantle (MM)
• Deinonychus (MM)
• Delver (MM)
• Destrachan (MM)
• Devourer (MM)
• Digester (MM)
• Diprotodon (Sa)
• Displacer Beast (MM)
• Dracovaran [also an Epic PC race]
• Dragon, Incarnum (MoI)
• Dragon, Sand (Sa)
• Dragon Turtle (MM)
• Dragon-Kin, Fallenlanden
• Dragonborn [also a PC race]
• Dragonwyrm
• Dusklings (all) (MoI) [also a PC race]
• Dustblight (Sa)
• Dustform Creature [Template] (Sa)
• Dunewinder (Sa)
• Dust Twister (Sa)

E
• Effigy, Minute
• Elementals [all] (MM)
• Elf, Draconesti [Dragon Elf] [also a PC race]
• Ethereal Filcher (MM)
• Ettercap (MM)

F
• Fate-Touched Creature [Template]
• Fiendish Creature [Template] (MM)
• Forlorn Husk (Sa)
• Fremlin [also a PC race]
• Fungus [both] (MM)

G
• Geckofolk [also a PC race]
• Geckolisk
• Gelatinous Cube (MM)
• Genie, Djinni (MM)
• Genie, Efreeti (MM)
• Genie, Janni (MM) [also a PC race]
• Ghost [Template] (MM)
• Ghouls [both] (MM)
• Giant, Totem (MoI)
• Gibbering Mouther (MM)
• Girallon (MM)
• Golem, Clay (MM)
• Golem, Incarnum (MoI)
• Golem, Iron (MM)
• Golem, Sand (Sa)
• Golem, Stone (MM)
• Grick (MM)

H
• Hag, Dune (Sa)
• Half-Fiend [Template] (MM) [also a PC race option]
• Half-Janni [Template] (Sa) [also a PC race option]
• Halfling, Sahne [also a PC race]
• Hengeyokai, Fallenlanden [also a PC race]
• Homunculus (MM)
• Humans, Azurin [all] (MoI) [also a PC race]
• Humans, Cyradi [also a PC race]
• Hydra, Pyro- (MM)

I
• Ironthorn (Sa)

J
• Jelly, Ochre (MM)

K
• Kenku, Fallenlanden [also a PC race]
• Kraken (MM)

L
• Lacerta Lizards, Giant [both]
• Lich [Template] (MM)
• Lich, Dry [Template] (Sa)
• Lizard (MM)
• Lizard, Horned (Sa)
• Lizard, Monitor (MM)
• Lost [Template] (MoI)
• Lycanthrope, Wererat (MM)

M
• Magmin (MM)
• Manticore (MM)
• Marruspawns [all] (Sa)
• Megaraptor (MM)
• Mephit, Fire (MM)
• Mephit, Glass (Sa)
• Mephit, Magma (MM)
• Mephit, Sulfur (Sa)
• Midnight Constructs [all] (MoI)
• Mind Flayer (MM)
• Minotaur, Fallenlanden [also a PC race]
• Mimic (MM)
• Mirage Mullah [Template] (Sa)
• Mohrg (MM)
• Monstrous Centipedes [all] (MM)
• Monstrous Scorpions [all] (MM)
• Monstrous Spiders [all] (MM)
• Mummy (MM)
• Mummy Lord (MM)

N
• Naga, Dark (MM)
• Naga, Spirit (MM)
• Nagpa [also a PC race]

O
• Octopus, Giant (MM)
• Otyugh (MM)
• Ooze, Brine (Sa)
• Ooze, Dissolution (MoI)
• Ooze, Gray (MM)
• Ooze, Lava (Sa)

P
• Phantom Fungus (MM)
• Phase Spider (MM)
• Phasm (MM)
• Praying Mantis, Giant (MM)
• Porcupine Cactus (Sa)
• Protoceratops (Sa)
• Puddings, Black [both] (MM)

R
• Ragahd
• Rakasta [also a PC race]
• Rast (MM)
• Rat, Dire (MM)
• Remorhaz (MM)
• Rilkans [all] (MoI) [also a PC race]
• Roper (MM)
• Rust Monster (MM)

S
• Saguaro Sentinel (Sa)
• Sahuagin (MM)
• Salamanders [all] (MM)
• Sand Hunter (Sa)
• Sea Cat (MM)
• Sealfolk [also a PC race]
• Shadows [both] (MM)
• Shambling Mound (MM)
• Shark [all] (MM)
• Shark, Dire (MM)
• Shocker Lizard (MM)
• Skarns [all] (MoI) [also a PC race]
• Skeleton [Template] (MM)
• Snakes, Constrictor [both] (MM)
• Snakes, Viper [all] (MM)
• Souleater (MoI)
• Soulfused Construct [Template] (MoI) [also a PC race option]
• Soulsparks [all] (MoI)
• Spectre (MM)
• Sphinxes [all] (MM and Sa)
• Spider Eater (MM)
• Squid (MM)
• Squid, Giant (MM)
• Stirge (MM)
• Swarm, Bat (MM)
• Swarm, Centipede (MM)
• Swarm, Death Scarab (Sa)
• Swarm, Locust (MM)
• Swarm, Rat (MM)
• Swarm, Scorpion (Sa)
• Swarm, Spider (MM)

T
• Tendriculos (MM)
• Termites, Giant [all] (Sa)
• Thoqqua (MM)
• Throkr [also a PC race]
• Tortoise, Dire (Sa)
• Triceratops (MM)
• Troll, Wasteland (Sa)
• Tumbling Mound (Sa)
• Tyrannosaurus (MM)

U
• Umber Hulk (MM)

V
• Vampire [Template] (MM)
• Vampire Spawn (MM)
• Vulture, Dire (Sa)

W
• Wasp, Giant (MM)
• Whales [all] (MM)
• Wight (MM)
• Wraith (MM)
• Wraith, Dread (MM)
• Wraith, Incarnum (MoI)
• Wyvern (MM)

Y
• Yrthak (MM)
• Yuan-Ti Abomination (MM)

Z
• Zombie [Template] (MM)
• Zombie, Girallon Necrocarnum (MoI)
• Zombie, Necrocarnum [Template] (MoI)
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

More Creatures

Post by Knightfall » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Creatures from Official Sources
Monster Books
Fiend Folio (v.3.0/v.3.5)
• Bhut
• Caryatid Column
• Century Worm
• Death Dog
• Drake, Sea
• Feytouched [also a PC race]
• Flame Snakes [all]
• Golem, Hellfire
• Half-Fey [Template] [also a PC race option]
• Half-Troll [Template] [also a PC race option]
• Huecuva [Template]
• Indricothere
• Iron Cobra
• Kelp Angler
• Living Holocaust
• Lucent Worm
• Maulgoth
• Mongrelfolk [also a PC race]
• Octopus Tree
• Ocularon
• Rukanyr
• Shadow Asp
• Spirit of the Air
• Sunwyrm
• Swarm, Viper
• Swarm, Wasp
• Terror Bird
• Thunder Worm
• Ti-Khana [Template]
• Ulgurstasta
• Vine Horror
• Yuan-Ti Anathema

Monster Manual II (v.3.0)
• Allosaurus
• Ankylosaurus
• Ape, Blood
• Ape, Cloaked
• Ape, Legendary
• Ash Rat
• Avolakia
• Braxat
• Chaos Roc
• Corollax
• Crimson Death
• Cryptoclidus
• Darktentacles
• Dune Stalker
• Effigy
• Elemental Weirds [all]
• Elephant, Dire
• Ether Scarab
• Famine Spirit
• Fiendwurm
• Fire Bat
• Flesh Jelly
• Forest Sloth
• Frost Salamander
• Gambol
• Giant, Sun
• Golem, Brass
• Greenvise
• Hawk, Dire
• Hellfire Wyrm
• Hook Horror
• Ixitxachitls [both]
• Jermlaine
• Juggernaut
• Julajimus
• Kopru
• Leechwalker
• Leviathan
• Marrash
• Meenlock
• Megalodon
• Megapede
• Morkoth
• Mudmaw
• Myconids [all]
• Naga, Bone
• Needlefolk
• Neogis [all]
• Nightmare Beast
• Ooze, Bone
• Phase Wasp
• Phoenix
• Planetouched, Zenythri [also a PC race]
• Quetzalcoatlus
• Rampager
• Reason Stealer
• Red Sundew
• Rukarazyll
• Seismosaurus
• Shadow Spider
• Shark, Legendary
• Snake, Dire
• Snake, Legendary
• Spellgaunt
• Spinosaurus
• Spirit of the Land
• Stone Spike
• Tempest
• Teratomorph
• Titanic [Template]
• Toad, Dire
• Twig Blight
• Warbeast [Template]

Monster Manual III (v.3.5)
• Armands [both] [also a PC race]
• Battletitan [Marstitanus]
• Beetles, Knell [both]
• Bloodstriker [Cruentsicarius]
• Dragon Eel
• Feral Yowler
• Fleshraker [Caroradosaurus]
• Giants, Sand [both] [also a PC race]
• Glitterfire [Living Spell]
• Golem, Mud
• Golem, Web
• Gulgar
• Harssaf [also a PC race]
• Lhosk
• Living Blasphemy [Living Spell]
• Mummy, Salt
• Night Twists [both]
• Omnimental
• Ooze, Conflagration
• Ooze, Arcane
• Ooze, Summoning
• Otyugh, Lifeleech
• Phoelarch
• Phoera
• Protean Scourges [both]
• Quaraphons [both] [also a PC race]
• Roper, Prismatic
• Seryulins [both]
• Spiders, Harpoon [both]
• Splinterwaifs [both]
• Swarm, Cinder
• Swarm, Ephemeral
• Swarm, Needletooth
• Swarm, Swamp Strider
• Swindlespitter [Fraudosputumus]
• Troll, Crystalline
• Vasuthants [both]
• Vermin Lord
• Wight, Dust
• Zezir

Monster Manual IV (v.3.5)
• Bloodhulks [all]
• Bloodsilk Spider
• Corrupture
• Holocaust Disciple (unique encounter)
• Howler Wasp
• Inferno Spider
• Nagatha
• Ooze, Bloodfire
• Quanlos
• Sailsnake
• Swarm, Mageripper
• Tomb Spider
• Web Mummy [Template]
• Wizened Elder
• Wrackspawn
• Yuan-Ti Ignan

Monsters of Faerûn (v.3.0)
• Bat, Night Hunter
• Bat, Sinister
• Dragon, Brown
• Firenewt [also a PC race]
• Giant Strider
• Gulguthydra
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

More Creatures (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:58 am

Creatures from Official Sources (cont.)
Other Sourcebooks
Book of Exalted Deeds (v.3.5)
• Crypt Warden
• Swarm, Apocalypse Frog
• Swarm, Bronze Locust

Book of Vile Darkness (v.3.0)
Bone Creature [Template]
Corpse Creature [Template]
Corrupted Creature [Template]

Cityscape (v.3.5)
• Ooze, Cesspit
• Sepulchral Thief [Template]
• Swarm, Pest

Draconomicon (v.3.5)
• Dracolich [Template]
• Draconic Creature [Template]
• Dragon, Fang
• Elemental Drake, Fire
• Elemental Drake, Magma
• Elemental Drake, Smoke
• Ghostly Dragon [Template]
• Golem, Dragonbone
• Half-Dragon [Template] [also a PC race option] [Fallenlanden dragons only]
• Landwyrm, Desert
• Landwyrm, Jungle
• Landwyrm, Mountain
• Skeletal Dragon [Template]
• Vampiric Dragon [Template]
• Zombie Dragon [Template]

DRAGON Compendium (v.3.5)
• Blackroot Marauder
• Bodak Creature [Template]
• Bonetree
• Casurua
• Chaoswyrd
• Ciruja Plant
• Dragon, Orange
• Dragon, Yellow
• Elemental Demon, Air
• Elemental Demon, Ash
• Elemental Demon, Earth
• Elemental Demon, Fire
• Elemental Demon, Water
• Ghoulish Creature [Template]
• Ragewing
• Ravenous Creature [Template]
• Spiritus Anime
• Trap Haunt [Template]
• Troll, Fire

Dragon Magic (v.3.5)
• Blazewyrm
• Huitzil
• Twilight Guardian
• Velroc

Drow of the Underdark (v.3.5)
• Adamantine Spider
• Chwidencha
• Husk Vermin [all]
• Lizards, Giant [all]
• Ooze, Venom
• Spiders, Monstrous [all]

Expanded Psionics Handbook (v.3.5)
• Aboleth, Psionic
• Astral Construct [all]
• Caller in Darkness
• Folugub
• Gray Glutton
• Intellect Devourer
• Mind Flayer, Psionic
• Neothelid
• Phrenic Creature [Template]
• Phthisic
• Puppeteer, Flesh Harrower
• Psicrystal
• Psion-Killer
• Temporal Filcher
• Udoroot
• Yuan-Ti Abomination, Psionic

Frostburn (v.3.5)
• Chilblain
• Genie, Qorrashi
• Glyptodon
• Shivhad
• Snow Spiders [all]
• Spirit Animal [Template]

Heroes of Horror (v.3.5)
• Boneleaf
• Imp, Bog
• Phantasmal Slayer
• Wraith, Bane

Lords of Madness (v.3.5)
• Cildabrin
• Elder Eidolon [Template]
• Gibbering Mouther
• Half-Farspawn [Template]
• Hound of the Gloom
• Illithidaes [all]
• Mind Flayer, Alhoon [Template]
• Psurlons [all]
• Shadow Creature [Template]
• Shaboath
• Silthilar
• Urophion
• Zeugalak

Miniatures Handbook (v.3.5)
• Ankylosaurus, Cave
• Displacer Serpent
• Spark Lasher
• Mad Slasher
• Magma Hurler
• Phargion
• Planetouched, Stonechild [also a PC race]
• Scaled Stalker
• Triceratops, Cave
• Tyrannosaurus, Cave

Planar Handbook (v.3.5)
• Dharculus
• Elsewhale
• Gnome, Fire [also a PC race]
• Swarms, Elementite [all]

Savage Species (v.3.5)
• Feral Creature [Template]
• Insectile Creature [Template]
• Mummified Creature [Template]
• Onager
• Reptilian Creature [Template]
• Yuan-Ti [Template]

Stormwrack (v.3.5)
• Archelon
• Barracuda, Dire
• Blackskate
• Caller from the Deeps
• Eel, Dire
• Hadozees [both] [also a PC race]
• Hammerclaw
• Hippocampus
• Ichthyosaur
• Leech, Giant
• Monstrous Crabs [all]
• Monstrous Diving Spiders [all]
• Mosasaur
• Plesiosaur
• Ramfish
• Sisiutl
• Stingray
• Swarm, Jellyfish
• Swarm, Leach
• Swarm, Piranha
• Turtle, Snapping
• Uchuulon (Slime Chuul)

Tome of Magic (v.3.5)
• Dark Creature [Template]
• Dark Lion
• Deadly Dancer
• Deathshead
• Garbler
• Genie, Khayal
• Loquasphinx
• Painspeaker
• Roving Mauler
• Shadow Elementals [all]
• Tooth Beast
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

More Creatures (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:23 am

Creatures from Official Sources (cont.)
Campaign Setting Books
DIABLO
Diablo II: To Hell and Back (v.3.0)
• Baboon Demon, Doom Ape
• Baboon Demon, Dune Beast
• Baboon Demon, Jungle Hunter
• Bat Demon, Desert Wing
• Blood Hawk, Black Raptor
• Frog Demon, Bog Creature
• Frog Demon, Swamp Dweller
• Humans, Zealot [all] [also a PC Race]
• Mosquito Demon [both]
• Sand Maggot
• Sand Maggot, Devourer
• Sand Maggot, Giant Lamprey
• Sand Maggot, Blood Maggot
• Sand Maggot, Rock Worm
• Sand Maggot Young
• Sand Leaper
• Sand Leaper, Cave Leaper
• Sand Leaper, Cliff Lurker
• Sand Leaper, Tomb Creeper
• Sand Leaper, Tree Lurker
• Skeleton, Burning Dead
• Skeleton, Horror
• Skeleton Mage, Burning Dead
• Skeleton Mage, Horror
• Spider, Flame
• Vulture Demon, Carrion Bird
• Vulture Demon, Hell Buzzard
• Vulture Demon, Undead Scavenger
• Vulture Demon, Winged Nightmare

DRAGONLANCE
DRAGONLANCE Campaign Setting (v.3.5)
• Fireshadow
• Human, Tarmak [also a PC race]

Bestiary of Krynn: Revised (v.3.5)
• Accantus [Template]
• Bloodrager [Template]
• Sand Wretch [Not Extraplanar]
• Dragon, Amphi
• Dragon, Fire
• Elemental Minion, Earth
• Elemental Minion, Fire
• Giant, Desolation
• Hatori
• Imp, Vapor
• Kalothagh
• Leech, Turbidus
• Magori
• Mandibear
• Proto-Creature [Template]
• Qlippoth
• Razhak
• Saqualaminoi
• Shadow Wight
• Skyfisher, Pericious
• Swarm, Turbidus Leech
• Tainted-Blood [Template]
• Undead Beasts [both]
• Whisper Spider
• Wyndlass

EBERRON
EBERRON Campaign Setting (v.3.5)
• Carcass Crab
• Clawfoot [Velociraptor]
• Fastieth [Leaellynasaura]
• Glidewing [Pteranodon]
• Hag, Dusk
• Horrid Animal [Template]

Secrets of Xen'drik (v.3.5)
• Dream Serpent
• Primordial Giant [Template]
• Tentacle Spider
• Yuan-Ti Wretchling

FORGOTTEN REALMS
Lost Empires of Faerûn (v.3.5)
• Arachnids, Giant [all]
• Banguards [both]
• Curst [Template]
• Dread
• Foulwing
• Gorynych
• Helmed Horrors [both]
• Lycanthrope, Werecrocodile
• Lycanthrope, Wereshark
• Tomb Tapper
• Velvet Worm, Giant

Serpent Kingdoms (v.3.5)
• Amphisbaena
• Bone Naga [Template]
• Ceratosaur
• Deathcoils
• Golem, Serpentflesh
• Ha-Naga (Faerûnian)
• Jaculi
• Lycanthrope, Wereserpent
• Mlarraun
• Nagahydra
• Naga, Banelar
• Naga, Iridescent
• Pteranadon
• Sarrukh (very rare creature)
• Snakes [all]
• Stegosaurus
• Tren
• Yuan-Ti Holy Guardian
• Yuan-Ti Mageslayer

Shining South (v.3.5)
• Behir (Halruaan) [Fallenlanden Behir]
• Dark Tree
• Dragon, Rattelyr
• Laraken
• Mantimera
• Starsnake
• Tall Mouther

Unapproachable East (v.3.5)
• Blightspawned [Template]
• Hag, Shrieking
• Nilshai
• Thomil [Template]
• Troll, Fell
• Uthraki
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

More Creatures (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:24 am

Creatures from D20/OGL Sources [Print]
Major Sourcebooks
Arcana Evolved (v.3.5)
• Dark Warden
• Dream Hunter
• Evolved Creature [Template]
• Inshon [also a PC race]
• Radont, Wild
• Rhodin [also a PC race]
• Slassan
• Troll, Shadow
• Xaaer

Arcana Unearthed: Legacy of the Dragons (v.3.5)
• Arachtar [also a PC race]
• Arboreal Corrupter
• Balthrok [also a PC race]
• Bog Salamander
• Bone Viper
• Crested Serpent
• Dothrog
• Dread Helminth
• Ghoul Worm
• Hate Reaper
• Kahrns [both]
• Lastrogos [Spirit Devourer]
• Mud Slime
• Night Beast
• Rock Ape
• Slaughterfiend
• Spirit of Sorrow
• Staj
• Tingual
• Troll, Blade [also a PC race]
• Valkith
• Vuldrog
• Witchraven
• Zetetic

City of Brass (v.3.5)
• Basalt Warhound
• Burning Dervish
• Brass Man
• Cobalt Vipers [both]
• Elemental Dragon, Fire
• Firefiend
• Genie, Noble Efreeti
• Ghul
• Glass Wyrm
• Gorgimera
• Lava Child [also a PC race]
• Lich, Salt [Template]
• Nymph, Fire
• Obsidian Minotaur
• Para-Elementals, Smoke [all]
• Pudding, Brown
• Sandling
• Sandman
• Silaaal
• Skeleton Warrior [Template]
• Stone Sphinx
• Wind Walker

Creature Collection: Revised (v.3.5)
• Amalthean Goat [Fallenlanden Goat]
• Aquantis
• Bat Devil [Piterin] [also a PC race]
• Berserker Wasp
• Blight Wolf
• Butcher Spirit [Template]
• Cave Shrike
• Cerulean Roc [Chaos Bird]
• Charfiend
• Dragon, Mock
• Dragon, Tar
• Dragon, Firewrack
• Dream Snake
• Dune Delver
• Falcon, Desert
• Firedrake
• Goblin Bear
• Golem, Bone
• Gore Beetle
• Harrier, Great
• Hill Howler
• Keffiz
• Manster
• Manticora [also a PC race]
• Mere-Lurker
• Monitor, Dire
• Muskhorn
• Narleth
• Ooze, Angler
• Plaguecat
• Pyre
• Sage Camel
• Searing Wind
• Seaspark
• Skyquill
• Sour Grub
• Spire Wyvern
• Vengaurak
• Vrail
• Well Spirit
• Wolf Spider, Giant

Creature Collection II: Dark Menagerie (v.3.0)
• Acid Shambler
• Arch Lurker
• Bitter Tree
• Blade Beast
• Bonewing
• Burned Ones
• Carnivorous Tree
• Cloudsting
• Conundrum Creature [Template]
• Despair
• Dream Folk
• Dreamwrack
• Dreamwraith
• Flailing Dreadnought
• Flesh Strippers
• Giant, Flayed
• Giant, Surged
• Gauntling
• Golem, Crystal
• Golem, Tar
• Grotesque
• Haglings (Brine, Storm, and Swamp only)
• Leeching Willow
• Lurker Below
• Naga, Crown [all]
• Naga, Hollow
• Quicksilver Stalker
• Razorfin Dolphin
• Sand Wyvern
• Shard Spider
• Skiver [Not Extraplanar]
• Slime Reaver
• Spined Lizard
• Stench Toad [Not Extraplanar]
• Stone Zombie
• Stormchild [Not Extraplanar]
• Sundered Mage
• Sundered Woman
• Swamp Fisher
• Swamp Tyrants [all]
• Tar Beetle
• Thought Drinker
• Thulkan
• Thunder Kite
• Touch Corrupter
• Vangal's Chosen [Unclean One]
• Wolfrat

Creature Collection III: Savage Bestiary (v.3.5)
• Ashcloud
• Carcass
• Corpse Hound
• Dart Blossom
• Desiccation Beetle
• Dirgewood Tree
• Envenomed [Template]
• Flay Beast
• Ghoul, Overghast
• Golem, Ember
• Golems, Hive [all]
• Gray Man, the
• Hiveskin
• Jin-Sat
• Lycanthrope–Wereviper [Template]
• Mist Murderer
• Mummy, Spiderweb
• Multi-Armed [Template]
• Naga, Blood-Mist
• Ooze, Stone Builder
• Phoenix, Black
• Shellrak
• Slons [both]
• Stormwing
• Swarm, Bee
• Swarm, Termite
• Thunderbones

Tome of Horrors II (v.3.5)
• Ahlinni [Cackle Bird]
• Archerfish, Giant
• Beetle, Giant Saw-Toothed
• Bloodsuckle
• Cinder Ghoul
• Clamor
• Corpse Rook
• Dragon, Smoke
• Encephalon Gorger
• Fire Crabs [both] [Not Extraplanar]
• Fire Phantom [Not Extraplanar]
• Fire Whale [Burning Leviathan]
• Flea, Giant
• Fungoid
• Geon
• Giant, Volcano
• Golem, Furnace
• Golem, Magnesium
• Grimstalker [Banaan]
• Helix Moths [both]
• Hornet, Giant
• Janni, Cheitan [also a PC race]
• Landwalker [Template]
• Lion, Cave
• Magmoid
• Nuckalavee
• Oil Shark
• Phlogiston
• Pike, Giant
• Pudding, Blood
• Quasi-Elemental, Acid
• Quasi-Elemental, Obsidian
• Renzer [Devilfin]
• Retch Hound
• Riptide Horror
• Scythe Horn
• Slime Mold
• Swarm, Poisonous Frog
• Tazelwurm
• Thundershrike
• Weird, Lava
• Yellowjacket, Giant

Tome of Horrors III (v.3.5)
• Afanc
• Assassin Bug, Giant
• Blood Bush
• Catfish, Giant Electric
• Chain Worm
• Cherum
• Corpse Orgy
• Deathleech [Template]
• Dragon, Glass Wyrm
• Drakes, Splinter [both]
• Dream Spectre [Nightmare Creature]
• Ectoplasm [Ghost Ooze]
• Elemental Constructs [all]
• Flame-Spawned Creature [Template]
• Genie, Abasheen
• Genie, Hawanar
• Genie, Marid
• Ghoul, Dust
• Giant, Bronze
• Giant, Smoke [also a PC race]
• Gnasher Lizard
• Golem, Mummy
• Grimm
• Horsefly, Giant
• Lich Shade
• Marsh Jelly
• Marsh Jelly, Jubilex-Touched
• Mephit, Smoke
• Mire Brute
• Mosquito, Giant
• Mudbog
• Mythical Animal [Template]
• Paleoskeleton Creature [Template]
• Paleoskeleton Triceratops
• Plant-Imbued Creature [Template]
• Raggoth
• Rawbones
• Sea Serpent, Spitting (very rare encounter)
• Sepulchral Guardian
• Slag Worm [Not Extraplanar]
• Swarm, Heat
• Tendrul
• Thermite [all]
• Tuatara, Giant
• Turtle-Shark
• Vorin
• Widow Creeper
• Willow Dusk

WarCraft RPG: Manual of Monsters (v.3.5)
• Ancient
• Ancient, Corrupted
• Bane Spider
• Bog Beast
• Cats, Saber [both]
• Draenei [also a PC race]
• Gryphon
• Hippogryph
• Kodo Beast
• Mur'gul
• Nerubian
• Revenants [all]
• Skeletal Mage [Template]
• Sludge
• Thunder Lizards [both]
• Troll, Dark
• Wildkin
• Wisp
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “World of Kulan”