Janardûn: The Psionic Lands

The homebrew world of Knightfall.

Moderators: Idabrius, Knightfall

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Janardûn: The Psionic Lands

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 am

Janardûn: The List
I'm going to start this new thread about Janardûn with my list of important adventures/locales, articles, and sourcebooks that will be used for the Psionic Lands. This list will always be in flux.

DRAGON Magazine Articles
Expanded Psionics Preview (Psionic Feats) [DRAGON Magazine #316]
Mesopotamian Mythos [DRAGON Magazine #329]

DUNGEON Magazine Adventures
"The Death of Lashimere" [DUNGEON Magazine #116]
"Encounter in the Wildwood" [DUNGEON Magazine #19]
"Master of Puppets" [DUNGEON Magazine #14]
"Orange and Black" [DUNGEON Magazine #66]
"The Serpent's Tooth" [DUNGEON Magazine #19]
"Threshold of Evil" [DUNGEON Magazine #10]
"The Well of Lord Barcus" [DUNGEON Magazine #41]
"The Winding Way" [DUNGEON Magazine #117]

Official D&D Material (Any Edition)
D&D Expanded Psionic Handbook | D&D Complete Psionic
D&D Frostburn: Mastering the Perils of Ice and Snow
"The Lost Tomb of Kruk-Ma-Kali" [Kingdoms of Kalamar adventure] [v.3.0]

Nentir Vale
Hammerfast: A Dwarven Outpost Adventure Site [Kiire Haamer] [4E]
"Keep on the Shadowfell" [Shadowstar Sea] [4E]
Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale [4E]
Vor Rukoth [4E]

d20 System/OGL Material
Ancient Kingdoms: Mesopotamia
Eldest Sons: The Essential Guide to Elves [v.3.0]
Encyclopaedia Psionica: World Shapers ― The Secret Revolution
Hyperconscious: Explorations in Psionics
"Of Sound Mind" [v.3.0]
PENUMBRA Crime & Punishment
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Intro... cut & paste from wiki

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 am

Introduction to the Psionic Lands
Dominated by rolling plains and forests and low mountain ranges, Janardûn is best described by two words, psionic knights. These are platemail wearing psychic warriors (as per the class in the D&D Expanded Psionics Handbook), whom are part of a knightly order called the Insightful Order of the Republic. These Knights of the Mind, as they are sometimes called by the people, are the exception not the rule on Janardûn. They tend towards neutrality and law in their outlook on life.

And while the Insightful Order is important to the Republic's survival — it doesn't rule it. The Council of the House governs the republic, one councilperson from each city, with one member elected as chancellor for one five year term (and only one). The Council is appointed by the will of the knights, not by nobles or the people. Why this done is simple — tradition dictates it such and it has worked well for 2,500 years (why mess with a good thing). The knights can dissolve the Council at any time if they believe corruption has taken root. This is both a benefit and a bane to the Council's effectiveness. If the people wish something that the Council approves of but the knights do not, then the knights will dismiss the Council.

However, this dissolving of the Council almost never happens. The people like the fact that the nobility has a lot less power, and those nobles that join the knights give up all family ties and privileges. Each member joins a specific branch of the knights that will now be his new family. In this structure, age and knowledge take precedence over strength and battle skill (although those are important if you don't want to get killed). Marriage is allowed within ones branch as long as the two members are not already related. However, marriage outside of the Insightful Order is frowned upon (the outsider would have to pledge to become a knight or the member would have to leave the Order).

As to what the knights fight against to protect the masses that, also, is describable in two words, Ogre Mages. This is the simple explanation; the long explanation is a lot more convoluted. Yes, ogre mages are violent, magic-welding humanoids, but a knight hardly ever battles one in direct combat. And usually those who do either die trying or are never the same afterwards. No, the true menaces of daily life are the Athachs, Ettins, Darkwings, Ogre Giants, Quicklings, and Wild Dwarves that call the Ogre Mages masters.

The Ogre Mages send their minions out of the mountains, dark forests, and swamps to cause as much mischief and mayhem as possible. Whether it's darkwings and quicklings terrorizing farms and rural communities or athachs and ettins laying siege to castles and cities, no one is safe. The Aaleear, Cyclops, Dwarves, Rakasta, Xephs, and the enigmatic Shoyir Elves stand with the knights against the evil giants and their minions.

What the Dark Ones hope to gain by this continuous onslaught or what their ultimate goals are still remain a mystery.

DM's Note: Of the races listed above, the following ones are naturally psionic: the Aaleear, cyclops, ogre mages, the Shoyir, and wild dwarves. Also the following races from the D&D Expanded Psionics Handbook and D&D Complete Psionic are found in Janardûn: duergar, elan, githzerai, synad, and xeph. The githzerai of Janardûn are native to the Material Plane, not Limbo. Elan and xeph are not normally found anywhere else on the World of Kulan. Synads are never found anywhere else on the World of Kulan.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

History

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:57 am

A Continent Divided: The History of Janardûn
The Dreaming Dawn
Little is known about the history of Janardûn before the rise of the Shoyir elves. The people of the Republic often refer to that time period as the Dreaming Dawn. There are many cults associated with this time period with most of them being related to the Region of Dreams and its inhabitants. What is believed is that Janardûn was once connected to another place. Was this another world as so many believe or does it speak of a time when Janardûn, as a continent, was significantly larger. Traditional scholars typically look towards Ryaith as being this other place; they believe that the legend of the Dreaming Dawn comes from there and is related to the Kalashtar.

Before the Republic
The Elven Age
Still to be written.

Darkness and Evil
Still to be written.

The Nightmare War
Still to be written.

Rise of the Republic
Out of the Darkness
Still to be written.

Knights and Senate
Still to be written.

The Republic Now
Still to be written.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Races of Janardûn

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Races of Janardûn [Detailed List]
Janardûn is unique in that standard races such as gnomes, half-elves, half-orcs, and halflings don't exist on the continent. There are elves but the Shoyir cannot breed with humans and their aren't any orcs on Janardûn. However, there are races that fill the same niche as gnomes and halflings — aaleears and kitts. The default half-bred race for Janardûn are half-githzerai. There are also felids, which are half cat race, half something else. Also, since Janardûn is a continent dominated by psionics, several of the psionic races from the Expanded Psionics Handbook are also available as PC races for the continent.

PRIMARY RACES
Common
● Aaleear [L&L Mythic Races] [d20]
● Dwarf [Races of Stone/PHB]
● Half-Githzerai [Half-Gith] [Svimohzia: The Ancient Isle] [d20]
● Human [Races of Destiny/PHB]
Rakasta

Uncommon
● Draconic Creature [Template] [Races of the Dragon] | [Dragontouched] †
● Human, BronzeMan [Tunçinsan] [The Complete Monstrous Fighter's Compendium] [d20]
Elf, Shoyir
Fremlin
Kitt

Rare
● Blue [XPH]
Cyclops of Janardûn
● Elan [XPH]
● Githzerai [Githjanar] (Native Outsider variant) [XPH]
● Human, Yiristri [The Complete Monstrous Fighter's Compendium] [d20]
● Xeph [XPH]

Very Rare
Baklath
● Dwarf, Duergar [XPH]
● Feytouched [Fiend Folio]
● Planetouched, Tiefling [Races of Destiny]
● Planetouched, Zenythri [MM2]
● Synad [Complete Psionic]

SECONDARY RACES
Common
● Barbegazi [Ice Gnome] [The Tome of Horrors II] [d20]
Centaurkin, Dorvesh [Creature Catalog]
Dragonborn
Elf, Shadow [D&D Wiki]
Kercpa [Creature Catalog]
● Kureshim [Hyperconscious: Exploration in Psionics] [d20]
● Pixie

Uncommon
Buckawn
Darkwing
● Dwarf, Wild (modified) [Races of Faerûn]
● Makesh [Into the Green] [d20]
● Qin [Hyperconscious: Exploration in Psionics] [d20]
● Satyr
● Tuskarr [WarCraft The RPG: Manual of Monsters] [d20]

Rare
● Child of the Sea [Template] [Bestiary of Krynn: Revised]
Giant, ogre [Creature Catalog]
● Half-Fey [Template] [Fiend Folio]
● Human, Furush [The Complete Monstrous Fighter's Compendium] [d20]
Kreen, Tondi [Creature Catalog]
Quickling of Janardûn
● Ubi [Into the Green] [d20]

Very Rare
● Blade Breaker [Legacy of the Dragons] [d20]
● Half-Dragon [Template] [Races of the Dragon]
● Half-Troll [Template] [Fiend Folio]
● Ngakoi [The Broken Isles: Player's Guide] [d20]
● Skarren [The Complete Book of Denizens] [d20]
● Sulwynarii [The Complete Book of Denizens] [d20]
● Zeidian [The Complete Book of Denizens] [d20]

Special
Dracovaran
● Felid [Template] [Book of Erotic Fantasy] [d20]

† Homebrewed racial traits.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Race Substitutions

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:58 pm

PC Race Substitutions

PLAYER'S HANDBOOK V.3.5
[b]Standard Race[/b]|[b]Janardûn Races[/b] Elf|Shoyir Elf Gnome|Aaleear Half-Elf *|Dragontouched Half-Orc|Half-Githzerai Halfling|Kitt
4E PC RACES
[b]Standard Race[/b]|[b]Janardûn Races[/b] Drow|N/A Eladrin|Shoyir Elf
* For Janardûn, half-elves are created using the Half-Elf template from the d20 System sourcebook Eldest Sons: The Essential Guide to Elves. Since half-elf characters are always unique, the standard half-bred race for PCs are the Dragontouched.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Classes and Rarity

Post by Knightfall » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:35 am

D&D Classes for Janardûn
It's important to note that not all classes have the same 'presence' on Janardûn than they would on, say, Harqual or the Fallenlands. (In truth, every continent and island group should have a list like this, although it would be less useful for Kanpur.) Note that rarity is meant to be a guideline not a hard-and-fast rule. However, it is important. A player who wants to choose a Common or Uncommon class has little restrictions on their choice, but a player who wants to choose a Rare or Very Rare class must convince the DM or roll randomly to see if their character can acquire the class. A random roll for a Rare class requires a 25 or lower on a Percentile Roll while a random roll for a Very Rare class requires a 15 or lower.

PLAYER'S HANDBOOK v.3.5
Reasoning to be added.

[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b] Barbarian|Rare Bard|Uncommon Cleric|Common Druid|Uncommon Fighter|Common Monk|Rare Paladin|Rare Ranger|Uncommon Rogue|Common Sorcerer|Rare Wizard|Uncommon
EXPANDED PSIONICS HANDBOOK
Since psionics plays such a major role on the continent, it should come as no surprise that the psionic classes from this sourcebook are considered core classes for Janardûn. In fact, the psychic warrior class is more of a core class than the fighter class (although the two classes are both common). The restriction on the wilder class is due to the fact that those that with psionic potential are much more likely to be 'nurtured; from a young age. Note that psychic warriors are often Psionic Knights, but it isn't a given that every psychic warrior will choose to follow that route (and there are those who have preferred not to join the knighthood). Psions are to Janardûn what wizards are to Harqual.

[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b] Psion|Uncommon Psychic Warrior|Common Soulknife|Uncommon Wilder|Rare
CUSTOM KULAN CLASSES
Reasoning to be added.

[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b] Elementalist|Rare Trader|Uncommon
COMPLETE SERIES
Reasoning to be added.

[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b]|[b]Sourcebook[/b] Ardent|Rare|Complete Psionic Divine Mind|Common|Complete Psionic Erudite|Very Rare|Complete Psionic Favored Soul|Rare|Complete Divine Hexblade|Very Rare|Complete Warrior Lurk|Uncommon|Complete Psionic Ninja|N/A|Complete Arcane Samurai|N/A|Complete Warrior Scout|Uncommon|Complete Arcane Shugenja|N/A|Complete Divine Spellthief|Rare|Complete Adventurer Spirit Shaman|Very Rare|Complete Divine Swashbuckler|Uncommon|Complete Warrior Warlock|Very Rare|Complete Arcane Warmage|Rare|Complete Arcane Wu Jen|N/A|Complete Arcane
OTHER D&D SOURCEBOOKS
Reasoning to be added.

[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b]|[b]Sourcebook[/b] Adept|Common|Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5 Archivist|Very Rare|Heroes of Horror Aristocrat|Uncommon|Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5 Artificer|N/A|EBERRON Campaign Setting Bardic Sage|Rare|Unearthed Arcana Beguiler|Rare|Player's Handbook II Binder|N/A|Tome of Magic Commoner|Common|Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5 Dragonfire Adept|Very Rare|Dragon Magic Dragon Shaman|N/A|Player's Handbook II Dread Necromancer|Very Rare|Heroes of Horror Duskblade|Very Rare|Player's Handbook II Eidolon|N/A|Ghostwalk Eidoloncer|N/A|Ghostwalk Expert|Common|Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5 Healer|Rare|Miniatures Handbook Incarnate|N/A|Magic of Incarnum Knight|N/A|Player's Handbook II Marshal|Uncommon|Miniatures Handbook Savage Bard|N/A|Unearthed Arcana Shadowcaster|Very Rare|Tome of Magic Soulborn|N/A|Magic of Incarnum Totem Barbarian|N/A|Unearthed Arcana Totemist|N/A|Magic of Incarnum Truenamer|N/A|Tome of Magic Urban Ranger|Rare|Unearthed Arcana Warrior|Common|Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5 Wilderness Rogue|Uncommon|Unearthed Arcana Witch|N/A|Dungeon Master's Guide v.3.5
DRAGON MAGAZINE CLASSES
Reasoning to be added.

[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b]|[b]Source[/b] Anarch|Rare|Issue #310 Anti-Paladin|Very Rare|Issue #312 Avenger|Rare|Issue #310 Battle Dancer|Rare|DRAGON Compendium Corrupter|Very Rare|Issue #312 Crusader|Uncommon|Issue #311 Death Master|Very Rare|DRAGON Compendium Despot|Very Rare|Issue #312 Enforcer|Very Rare|Issue #310 Incarnate|Very Rare|Issue #310 Jester|Uncommon|DRAGON Compendium Mountebank|Rare|DRAGON Compendium Savant|Rare|DRAGON Compendium Sha'ir|N/A|DRAGON Compendium Sentinel|Rare|Issue #310 Urban Druid|Rare|DRAGON Compendium Winter Warden|Rare|Issue #311
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Classes and Rarity (d20)

Post by Knightfall » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:12 am

d20 System/OGL Classes for Janardûn

STANDARD CLASSES
[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b]|[b]Sourcebook[/b]|[b]Publisher[/b] Alchemist|Very Rare|Player's Guide to the Wilderlands|Judges Guild Bandit|Rare|The Book of Roguish Luck|Malhavoc Press Bounty Hunter|Uncommon|Crime & Punishment|Atlas Games Corsair|Rare|d20 Freeport Companion|Green Ronin Publishing Dedicated Illusionist (v.3.0)|Very Rare|L&L School of Illusion|Fantasy Flight Games Devoted Envoker (v.3.0)|Very Rare|L&L School of Evocation|Fantasy Flight Games Gladiator|Rare|Heroes of Fantasy|Mongoose Publishing Investigator|Common|Crime & Punishment|Atlas Games Justice|Common|Crime & Punishment|Atlas Games Mercenary|Uncommon|Heroes of Fantasy|Mongoose Publishing Noble|Uncommon|d20 Freeport Companion|Green Ronin Publishing
OTHER CLASSES
[b]Character Class[/b]|[b]Rarity[/b]|[b]Sourcebook[/b]|[b]Publisher[/b] Cabalist|Very Rare|Heroes of Fantasy|Mongoose Publishing Cavalier|Rare|The Cavalier's Handbook|Green Ronin Publishing Cultist, the|Very Rare|d20 Freeport Companion|Green Ronin Publishing Eldritch Vampire|N/A|Heroes of Fantasy|Mongoose Publishing Explorer|Uncommon|Heroes of Fantasy|Mongoose Publishing Gutter Mage|Very Rare|The Book of Roguish Luck|Malhavoc Press Monster Hunter|Uncommon|d20 Freeport Companion|Green Ronin Publishing Suromar “Psihunter” (v.3.0) †|Unique|Eldest Sons: The Essential Guide to Elves|Paradigm Concepts Shadowsworn|Rare|The Book of Roguish Luck|Malhavoc Press Survivor|Rare|d20 Freeport Companion|Green Ronin Publishing Warder (v.3.0) †|Rare|Eldest Sons: The Essential Guide to Elves|Paradigm Concepts Witch|Very Rare|Player's Guide to the Wilderlands|Judges Guild
† These two classes are restricted to Shoyir elves. (DM's Note: For a unique class, like the Suromar “Psihunter”, a random percentile roll is required. The player MUST roll 5 or less to play such a character.)
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:01 am

These lists are by no means complete, especially the DRAGON Magazine and d20/OGL lists. (e.g. I just added the Devoted Envoker from School of Evocation.) However, the classes listed are 'set' for World of Kulan. Subtractions are very unlikely unless I come across another class that replaces a less useful alternative. The Witch class from the Player's Guide to the Wilderlands is a good example of a class that replaced an existing class (the variant Witch class in the DMG v.3.5).
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Janardûn: The Psionic Lands

Post by Knightfall » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:26 am

Shadow Elves on Kulan
While shadow elves are mainly a Janardûn race, the elves won't be limited to just the Psionic Lands. They will definitely have a presence in the Underearth, although it won't be anything as 'substantial' as the drow are on other worlds. (That niche is filled by the Morlocks detailed in Green Ronin's Bastards & Bloodlines.)

I've already decided they will have a place on the group of islands known as Ryaith, and the race might also make its way to the Isles of Valossa. There won't be a shadow elf presence in the Lands of Harqual or on the Fallenlands or on Triadora. If they were encountered on Kanpur, it would only be in the Eastern Lands, and they won't be considered native to Kanpur.

From a cosmology point of view, shadow elves won't be restricted to Kulan. I expect there will be strong contingents in the Inner and Outer Planes and throughout Arcane Space. Kulan won't be the shadow elf home-world for the Mirrored Cosmology.

Remember! The core D&D worlds DO NOT exist in the Mirrored Cosmology. Those worlds exist in a different reality that is, somewhat, parallel to the Farspace Reality. Thus, the shadow elves of Kulan are not connected to Mystara in any way.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Moved over from old poll thread

Post by Knightfall » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:31 am

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
Knightfall wrote:How's that for a start? :)
Not bad. It's about an inch into the mile of info that I'd love to see though. :facepalm: I know that's asking a lot but hopefully we can spurn ideas off of each other.
Here's a quick look at the region that surrounds the capital city of Alaran...

The key feature of this region is the canal system that connects the four freshwater lakes (no names yet) of the region. A major city dominates each one of these lakes and together they are considered the central lands of the Republic. The canal system is a engineering marvel, and it is vital for agriculture and commerce. Janardûn's central region used to be a dry land that was hot and dusty in the summer and cold and barren in the winter. Before the canals were built, there were no lake near Alasia and the body of water near Alaran was little more than a large pond. Now, both of the lakes are over 60+ miles long. The upper part of the canal near Rulhar's lake was once a naturally flowing river that has been canalized; the river once emptied underground where it eventually entered the Underearth. (Imagine how that went over with the denizens that used to rely on it.)

The canal system is more than an engineering feat; it is a feat of magical energy as well. For while magic is often considered secondary to psionic power on Janardûn, the peoples of the Republic do have a strong affinity for clerical magic (less so for arcane magic). The Pantheon of the Republic was a strong influence in getting the canals built, especially the Church of Ninurta and the Church of Marduk. Even some that originally opposed the construction eventually came to see the canal system as a boon for both civilization and nature. Priests devoted to Nanshe consider the canals to be a source of power for oneiromancy. Of course, there are those who refuse to accept the canals as a good thing, which is why the artificial waterways are constantly patrolled. Special soldiers called the Wætergard live and ride forth from the fortress called Cannagarder.

The canals are not the only engineering marvel created by the edicts of the Council of the House. Even though the map doesn't show any roads on it, all the cities in the Heartlands of the Republic are connected by well-built roads based on the idea of Roman roads. These roads would be equivalent to what the linked Wikipedia page refers to as Via Munita: A regular built road, paved with rectangular blocks of the stone of the country, or with polygonal blocks of lava. As one travels away from the capital city, the roads turn from stone paved to graveled earth to plain, leveled earth. The roads are considered a source of pride amongst the people, and if a major road becomes damaged, commoners and knights alike are quick to help fix the damage, as long as the damage is not severe. If it is, word is sent to the nearest city; repair crews are quick to respond as it is lucrative work.

There are major roads that travel parallel to the canal system on both sides of the built waterways. Bridges over the canals are massive and beautiful. Dwarves often make the best road and bridge builders.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Moved over from old poll thread (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:12 pm

Knightfall wrote:TAD,

Here's something that no one knows about Janardûn... the continent used to part of another, nearby, continent in the distant past of the world.
How did Janardûn become its own separate continent? I still haven't worked it out yet. I have rejected the idea that a meteor strike sank the land in between the two continents. That idea has been overdone, IMO.

One idea I have is that of an attack from wildspace that ripped part of the planet away from the surface or perhaps the tearing of the world was on purpose. Imagine a planned cataclysm that ripped the heart and body of an ancient civilization from the world. Once separated from Kulan, the lost land rose into the void of wildspace. Where this once great civilization went is unknown. Did it survive? Will it return? And how could a whole ancient Spelljamming civilization pull such a feat off?

Regardless, the resulting backlash of magical energy changed the world. Janardûn became saturated with psionic energy. It was literally hit with a tidal wave of psychic potential that was pulled away from the land opposite the cataclysm, which is why psionics is so rare throughout Harqual. Along with the psionic wave, Janardûn experienced a tearing of arcane energy. The island continent has a high concentration of wild magic zones and unstable portals to other planes. Studying the arcane is a risky proposition, yet it is not forbidden. On Janardûn, wizards (and other 'learned' arcanists) are treated with grudging respect; sorcerers are more often treated with fearful awe.

More later...
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Moved over from old poll thread

Post by Knightfall » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Havard wrote:Janardûn sounds really interesting! :)

There arent nearly enough settings focusing on psionics....

-Havard
Thanks Havard.

Janardûn will remain a bit of a process for me. Unlike Harqual and Kanpur, I haven't really designated any published works to fit onto the continent*. I had planned to write a story for the continent, which would delve more into its background and society, but I decided against it. The setting itself needs more work. I need to have a clear vision of its past and present.

Plus, i need to have a better understanding of how psionics will influence the continent. I bought the Sarlona sourcebook for Eberron; I want to look through it for inspiration without Janardûn becoming a facsimile of it.

*Only one so far. The "Of Sound Mind" d20 adventure is tentatively set on the continent. Where? I don't know yet.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Nentir Vale on Janardûn

Post by Knightfall » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Map of Nentir Vale on Janardûn
Since I've added Nentir Vale to Janardûn, I figured I should show where on the continent the vale will be located. FYI... Kiire Haamer is Hammerfast. The name Alarân (in bold) is the capital city of the Republic.

Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Creatures of Janardûn

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:19 am

Standard Creatures
Here are the standard creatures for Janardûn. This list includes creatures from the D&D Monster Manual and D&D Expanded Psionics Handbook, as well as any homebrewed creations that can be found on Janardûn.

A
• Assassin Vine (MM)
• Athach (MM)

B
• Baboon, Ice
• Badger, Dire (MM)
• Baklath [also a PC race]
• Bat (MM)
• Bat, Dire (MM)
• Bear, Brown (MM)
• Bear, Dire (MM)
• Bear, Polar (MM)
• Beholder [all] (MM)
• Blink Dog (MM)
• Boar, Dire (MM)
• Brain Mole (XPH)
• Boar, Dire (MM)
• Buckawn [also a PC race]
• Bulette (MM)

C
• Cockatrice (MM)
• Cryohydra (MM)
• Crysmal (XPH)
• Cyclops of Janardûn [also a PC race]

D
• Darkwing [also a PC race]
• Devourer (MM)
• Displacer Beast (MM)
• Dog, Riding (MM)
• Doppelganger (MM)
• Dragon, Blue (MM)
• Dragon Bronze (MM)
• Dragon, Green (MM)
• Dragon, Silver (MM)
• Dragon, White (MM)
• Dragon Turtle (MM)
• Dracovaran [also an Epic PC race]
• Dragontouched [also a PC race]
• Dryad (MM)
• Dwarf (MM) [also a PC race]
• Dwarf, Duergar (XPH) [also a PC race]

E
• Effigy, Minute
• Elan (XPH) [also a PC race]
• Elemental [all] (MM)
• Elf, Shoyir [also a PC race]
• Ettin (MM)

F
• Folugub (XPH)
• Fremlin [also a PC race]
• Frost Worm (MM)

G
• Gargoyle (MM)
• Ghost [Template] (MM)
• Ghoul [all] (MM)
• Giant, Cloud (MM)
• Giant, Frost (MM)
• Githzerai [Not Extraplanar] (XPH) [also a PC race]
• Golem [all] (MM)
• Gray Render (MM)
• Grig (MM)

H
• Hag, Annis (MM)
• Hag, Sea (MM)
• Harpy (MM)
• Hippogriff (MM)
• Homunculus (MM)
• Horse, Heavy (MM)

I
• Illithid [Mind Flayer] (MM)
• Intellect Devourer (XPH)

K
• Kerrn
• Kitt [also a PC race]
• Krenshar (MM)

L
• Lammasu (MM)
• Lich [Template] (MM)
• Lycanthrope, Werebear (MM)
• Lycanthrope, Wereboar (MM)
• Lycanthrope, Wererat (MM)
• Lycanthrope, Werewolf (MM)

M
• Merfolk (MM)
• Mohrg (MM)
• Monstrous Spider, Large or Huge (MM)
• Mummy (MM)

N
• Naga [all] (MM)
• Nixie (MM)
• Nymph (MM)

O
• Ogre Mage of Janardûn
• Ooze, Gray (MM)
• Owl, Giant (MM)

P
• Pegasus (MM)
• Phrenic Creature [Template] (XPH)
• Phthisic (XPH)
• Pixie (MM) [also a PC race]
• Planetouched, Tiefling (MM) [also a PC race]
• Pony, War (MM)
• Porpoise (MM)
• Pseudodragon (MM)
• Psicrystal (XPH)
• Psion-Killer (XPH)
• Puppeteer (XPH)
• Puppeteer, Flesh Harrower (XPH)

Q
• Quickling of Janardûn [also a PC race]

R
• Rakasta [also a PC race]
• Rakasta Cat (Warbeast)
• Rat (MM)
• Rat, Dire (MM)
• Remorhaz (MM)

S
• Satyr (MM) [also a PC race]
• Sea Cat (MM)
• Shadow [both] (MM)
• Shambling Mound (MM)
• Shark, Dire (MM)
• Shark, Large or Huge (MM)
• Shield Guardian (MM)
• Skeleton [Template] (MM)
• Spectre (MM)
• Spider Eater (MM)
• Swarm, Bat (MM)
• Swarm, Rat (MM)

T
• Temporal Filcher (XPH)
• Tendriculos (MM)
• Thought Eater (XPH)
• Thought Slayer (XPH)
• Treant (MM)
• Tree Troll
• Triton (MM)
• Troll (MM)
• Troll, Dire
• Troll, Scrag (MM)
• Troll, Ice

U
• Udoroot (XPH)
• Unbodied (XPH)
• Unicorn (MM)

V
• Vampire [Template] (MM)
• Vampire Spawn (MM)

W
• Warhorse, Heavy (MM)
• Whale, Orca (MM)
• Wight (MM)
• Wolf, Dire (MM)
• Wolf, Winter (MM)
• Wolverine, Dire (MM)
• Worg (MM)
• Wraith (MM)

X
• Xeph (XPH) [also a PC race]

Z
• Zombie [Template] (MM)
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

More Creatures

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:45 am

Creatures from Official Sources
Monster Books
Fiend Folio (v.3.0/v.3.5)
• Cerebral Symbiont [all]
• Crawling Head
• Bhut
• Feytouched [also a PC race]
• Fossergrim
• Half-Fey [Template] [also a PC race option]
• Half-Illithid [Template]
• Half-Troll [Template] [also a PC race option]
• Huecuva
• Kelp Angler
• Kelpie
• Megatherium
• Ooze, Flotsam
• Ooze, Reekmurk
• Oread
• Rhinoceros, Dire
• Skulk
• Swarm, Wasp
• Swordwraith
• Wendigo
• Wendigo [Template]
• Wicker Man

Monster Manual II (v.3.0)
• Asperi
• Banshee
• Bear, Legendary
• Corpse Gatherer
• Crimson Death
• Dragon, Crystal
• Dragon, Topaz
• Elk, Dire
• Fihyr
• Frost Salamander
• Galeb Duhr
• Grimalkin
• Hawk, Dire
• Immoth
• Mastodon, Grizzly
• Mooncalf
• Nethersight Mastiff
• Planetouched, Zenythri [also a PC race]
• Spirit of the Land
• Swamplight Lynx
• Wolf, Legendary

Monster Manual III (v.3.5)
• Avalancher
• Battlebriar
• Bearhound
• Charnel Hound
• Chilling Fog
• Deathshrieker
• Dragon Eel
• Drake, Rage
• Glaistig
• Golem, Mud
• Mastodon
• Mindshredder [all]
• Ooze, Snowflake
• Ragewalker
• Redcap
• Thorn
• Troll, Mountain
• Voidmind Creature [Template]
• Wood Woad
• Woodling [Template]

Monster Manual IV (v.3.5)
• Bloodhulk [all]
• Corrupture
• Defacer
• Githyanki [all] [Not Extraplanar]
• Golem, Fang
• Joystealer
• Lodestone Marauder
• Necrosis Carnex
• Oaken Defender
• Skiurid
• Verdant Prince
• Vitreous Drinker
• Wizened Elder

Monsters of Faerûn (v.3.0)
• Chosen One
• Darkenbeast
• Giant, Fog
• Gibberling
• Goblin, Dekanter
• Green Warder
• Hybsil
• Ice Serpent
• Nyth
• Peryton
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Blackleaf
Hobgoblin

Post by Blackleaf » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:57 am

Woah

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

More Creatures (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:02 am

Creatures from Official Sources (cont.)
Other D&D Sourcebooks
Book of Exalted Deeds (v.3.5)
• Aleax [Template]
• Crypt Warden
• Sacred Watcher
• Saint [Template]
• Sanctified Creature [Template]
• Swarm, Divine Wrath [all]

Book of Vile Darkness (v.3.0)
• Bone Creature [Template]
• Corpse Creature [Template]
• Vile Creature [Template]

Cityscape (v.3.5)
• Ooze, Cesspit
• Swarm, Pest

Draconomicon (v.3.5)
• Dragonnel
• Dragon, Faerie
• Drake, Ice
• Drake, Storm
• Landwyrm, Forest
• Landwyrm, Tundra

DRAGON Compendium (v.3.5)
• Beholderkin, Bleeder
• Blackroot Marauder
• Ciruja Plant
• Dragon, Yellow
• Grandfather Plaque
• Seelie Court Fey [Template]
• Unseelie Fey [Template]

Frostburn (v.3.5)
• Branta
• Caribou
• Chilblain
• Elemental Weird [both]
• Entombed
• Fox, Arctic
• Ghost, Frostfell
• Giant, Frost [all]
• Glyptodon
• Golem, Ice
• Ice Beast [Template]
• Icegaunt
• Malasynep
• Mammoth, Woolly
• Marzanna
Megaloceros
• Otter, Sea
• Pudding, White
• Raven, Giant
• Rusalka
• Seal
• Shivhad
• Smilodon
• Snowcloak
• Spider, Snow [all]
• Spirit Animal [Template]
• Tlalusk
• Toad, Ice
• Vodyanoi
• Walrus
• Winterspawm
• Yeti
• Zeuglodon

Ghostwalk (v.3.0)
• Bonesinger [Template]
• Monstrous Vampire [Template]
• Spirit Tree

Heroes of Horror (v.3.5)
• Gray Jester

Lords of Madness (v.3.5)
• Beholderkin, Hivemother
• Beholderkin, Director
• Beholderkin, Eye of the Deep
• Beholderkin, Overseer
• Gas Spore
• Tsochar

Miniatures Handbook (v.3.5)
• Cursed Spirit
• Gravehound

Sandstorm (v.3.5)
• Ant Lion, Giant
• Thunderbird

Stormwrack (v.3.5)
• Anguillian
• Blackskate
• Caller from the Deeps
• Nereid
• Otter
• Ramfish
• Scyllan
• Seawolf

Tome of Magic (v.3.5)
• Dark Creature [Template] (very rare or unique encounter)
• Goblin, Dark (very rare encounter)
• Ephemeral Hangman
• Shadow Elementals [all] (unique encounters)
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

More Creatures (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:11 am

Creatures from Official Sources (cont.)
Campaign Setting Books
DRAGONLANCE
DRAGONLANCE Campaign Setting (v.3.5)
• Thanoi

Bestiary of Krynn: Revised (v.3.5)
• Accantus [Template]
• Child of the Sea [Template] [also a PC race option]
• Dragon, Frost
• Elk
• Moose
• Saqualaminoi
• Skrit
• Skyfisher
• Tainted Blood [Template]
• Troll, Mewling
• Wight, Frost

EBERRON
Secrets of Sarlona (v.3.5)
• Essence Reaver
• Quorbound Creature [Template] [Dreambound Creature]
• Quorbred Creature [Template] [Dreambred Creature]

FORGOTTEN REALMS
FORGOTTEN REALMS Campaign Setting (v.3.0)
• Beholder, Death Tyrant

City of Splendors: Waterdeep (v.3.5)
• Guardgoyle
• Leucrotta
• Leucrotta, Changesteed
• Wraith, Sea

Lost Empires of Faerûn (v.3.5)
• Crawling Claw
• Curst [Template]
• Dread
• Flameskull
• Foulwing
• Greenbound Creature [Template]
• Helmed Horror [both]
• Nishruu

Silver Marches (v.3.0)
• Tiger, Red
• Wyrm, Rock

Unapproachable East (v.3.5)
• Dread Warrior [Template]
• Orglash [Template]
• Thomil [Template]
• Troll, Ice
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:15 am

Blackleaf wrote:Woah
Yeah, this is an old project I originally posted over on EN World. I'm dusting it off and revising it to be more organized. Plus, there are some books I have to add to it. MM4 is one of those books. The next section will be for d20 sourcebooks I use for Kulan.

EDIT: But not tonight.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

More Creatures (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Creatures from D20/OGL Sources [Print]
Major Sources
Creature Collection: Revised (v.3.5)
• Celestian
• Cold Slime
• Crescent Elk
• Dread Raven
• Dream Snake
• Emperor Stag
• Goblin Bear
• Golem, Wood
• Hag, Ice [Template]
• Hamadryad
• Harrier, Great
• Hornsaw Unicorn
• Huror [Ice Bear]
• Ice Basilisk
• Ice Haunt
• Ice Weasel
• Murdersprite
• Runnk
• Sleet Devil

Creature Collection II: Dark Menagerie (v.3.0)
• Arch Lurker
• Bitter Tree
• Bonewing
• Dananshee
• Filcher
• Forest Walker
• Golem, Crystal
• Ioun Beholder
• Lightning Hawk
• Mist Reaper
• Preychaser
• Razorfin Dolphin
• Stone Zombie
• Tauron
• Tundra Lord
• Tuscar
• Wolfrat

Creature Collection III: Savage Bestiary (v.3.5)
• Blessed Theocrat [Template]
• Dragon, Icewrack
• Ghoul Hound
• Golem, Bramble
• Phoenix, Autumn
• Quillwolf
• Wild Bier [Template]
• Windigo

Hyperconscious: Explorations in Psionics (v.3.5)
• Bayard
• Dire Dreamself
• Duncharath
• Fungiform Ego [Template]
• Hungry Dreamer
• Idbeast [Template]
• Lich, Psionic [Template]
• Meibomian Cyst
• Meld
• Mournwrath
• Nhalcid
• Ogre Psychic [Dark One]
• Qin [also a PC race]
• Reflexion [Template]
• Scapeworm
• Soulshriver
• Taeniad
• Thelihydra
• Xenocrysth

Monsters of the Mind (v.3.5)
• Bhaviratye
• Brainholder
• Davata
• Gandabherundas [Terror Bird]
• Golem, Dorje
• Juhivia [Water Fiend]
• Kalavij [Crawling Death]
• Moddey Dhoo [Black Dog]
• Ooze, Dorje
• Ravarakin
• Rootbeast
• Scorn
• Slaad, Spectral
• Swarm, Daiken
• Thazjin [Revered]
• Thoughtforms [all]
• Tindali
• Tortured

Tome of Horrors II (v.3.5)
• Ahlinni [Cackle Bird]
• Asrai
• Barbegazi [Ice Gnome] [also a PC race]
• Beetle, Giant Saw-Toothed
• Cadaver
• Cave Lion
• Cerebral Stalker
• Debased Fey [Template]
• Elusa Hound
• Fyr
• Gelid Beetle [both]
• Golem, Rope
• Grave Risen
• Grimstalker [Banaan]
• Hoar Spirit
• Leopard, Giant
• Lynx
• Mimi
• Oakman
• Ronus
• Slorath
• Swarm, Grig
• Witch Tree

Tome of Horrors III (v.3.5)
• Assassin Bug, Giant
• Baobhan Sith
• Bogeyman
• Brontotherium
• Bumblebee, Giant [both]
• Dream Spectre [Nightmare Creature]
• Fetch
• Forgotten One
• Fye
• Gnarlwood
• Golden Cat
• Living Lake
• Mythical Animal [Template]
• Ooze, Glacial
• Plant-Imbued Creature [Template]
• Psiwyrm [Draco Presentia Facultas]
• Tombstone Fairy

WarCraft RPG: Manual of Monsters (v.3.5)
• Crow, Storm
• Forsaken [Template]
• Frostsaber Cat
• Frost Wolf [both]
• Magnataur
• Obsidian Destroyer
• Skeletal Mage [Template]
• Sludge
• Spirit of Vengeance [both]
• Tuskarr [also a PC race]
• Wildkin
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

More Creatures (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:43 pm

Creatures from D20/OGL Sources [Print] (cont.)
Minor Sources
Arcana Unearthed: Legacy of the Dragons (v.3.5)
• Arboreal Corrupter
• Blade Breaker [also a PC race]
• Kahrn [both]
• Spirit of Sorrow
• Vuldrog

Deadliest Creatures Tome (v.3.5)
• Mirror Haunt
• Psimorph
• Wastewalker
• Young Feyoak

Dead Man's Chest (v.3.5)
• Breath Taker
• Deck Devil
• Kulgreer
• Sea Serpent, White
• Swarm, Sail Moth
• Water Pacer
• Whale, Deepsinger

Eldest Sons: The Essential Guide to Elves (v.3.0)
• Eternal [Template]
• Fae-Beast [Template]
• Gardener
• Great Drake
• Half-Elf [Template]
• Totem
• Vengeance, the
• WereFey

EverQuest RPG: Monsters of Norrath (v.3.0)
• Bulthar (legendary creature)
• Cold Shade
• Fae Drake
• Jack-O-Lantern
• Kobold, Highland
• Quillmane
• Skeleton, Ice-Bone
• Ulthork
• Whirling Dervish

Frost & Fur (v.3.5)
• Chalicothere
• Dog, Hunting
• Dog, Sled
• Elemental, Ice
• Giant, Ice
• Golem, Copper Peasant
• Guardian Doll
• Lycanthrope, Wereraven [Template]
• Lycanthrope, Wereswan [Template]
• Muskox
• Ooze, Freezescum
• Snow Angel
• Swan
• Treant, Ice
• Vampire, Cold Stranger [Template]
• Wastling [Template]
• Whale, Killer [Orca]
• Wight, Glacier [Template]
• Wolf, Arctic
• Wolverine

Glades of Death (v.3.5)
• Atomie
• Beetle, Giant Death Watch
• Carbuncle
• Cobra Flower
• Korred
• Tick, Giant

Into the Black (v.3.5)
• Leytru
• Pallemon
• Ravvimen

Into the Green (v.3.0)
• Aborgeist
• Autumnal Mourner
• Bedwen
• Blightsower
• Bracken Corpse
• Elderwitch
• Fierling
• Grimdeath Vulture
• Lostling
• Magpine
• Makesh [also a PC race]
• Onnen
• Ubi [also a PC race]
• Uragh Dhu
• Vermilion Hound

Legends & Lairs: Draconic Lore (v.3.0)
• Dragon, Dire
• Dragon, Wild
• Dragon, Wooly
• Drake, Guardian

Legends & Lairs: Elemental Lore (v.3.5)
• Guardian Elemental, Air
• Haunt Elemental, Tankard Spirit
• Noble Elemental, Air and Water
• Plague Wind
• Primal Spirit of Cold
• Rime Wraith
• Sacred Flood
• Swarm, Ice Rook

Legends & Lairs: Giant Lore (v.3.0)
• Avarice Giant [Template]
• Giant, Nightmare
• Giant-kin Lycanthrope [Template]
• Troll, Dire Frost

Legends & Lairs: Necromantic Lore (v.3.0)
• Bloodseeker
• Dancing Bones
• Eternal Confessor [Template]
• Fade
• Foreverjack [Template]
• Gravestone Guardian
• Hecatombe [Template]
• Heirloom Wraith
• Pale Masker
• Spirit, Guiding
• Spirit, Warning

Monsters of the Savage Snow (v.3.5)
• Chiraquan
• D'abo
• Eretak
• Gaqtopok
• Huad Tuktu
• Kyakmakuk
• Millaraaq
• Piqsiq
• Qiqirn
• Ragralaq
• Suluk
• Vulaniak
• Wazaklaktu

Out for Blood (v.3.5)
• Astral Vampire [Template]
• Grave Soil
• Lost Soul
• White Beast

Sovereign Stone: Bestiary of Loerem (v.3.0)
• Bone Moss
• Crypt Guardian [Template]
• Deceiver
• Equus
• Exterion [Bone Ogre]
• Grunt
• Ironblood Tree
• Karothaur
• Netmaster
• Pelopos
• Ranead
• Scorpion Cactus
• Skullbear
• Skunk, Red-Stripe
• Taan Tiger
• Tearn
• Thunder Maker
• Weaver Rat
• Whale, Deepsinger

Warlords of the Accordlands: Monsters and Lairs (v.3.5)
• Black Moss
• Gaunt, Crypt
• Headhunter
• Ibukan
• Iceslayn
• Mammut
• Meme
• Reaver
• Reaver, Dark
• Snow Scarab
• Tohek
• Unclean Spirit
• Woundwraith

Wildwood (v.3.5)
• Death Moss
• Shadow Stalker
• Shadow Stalker Lord
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

More Creatures (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:56 am

Creatures from D20/OGL Sources [PDF]
Major Sources
Complete Book of Denizens, the (v.3.5)
• Blackwater Slough
• Darnu
• Eri
• Giant, Wispheri
• Hexachela
• Inscriber
• Kei-ehri
• Melboreth
• Narga
• Naryd Grub
• Ooze, Shipwreck
• Phylaern
• Shadow Puppet [Template]
• Skarren [also a PC race]
• Sulwynarii [also a PC race]
• Tasked [Template]
• Ubu
• Valikir
• Warding Visage
• Winterbrood Fury
• Zeidian [also a PC race]

Complete Minions (v.3.5)
• Amberjuron
• Blood Boulder
• Cavern Wolf
• Fox Maiden
• Frostbiter
• Glacier Beast
• Heat Stalker
• Mangonnel
• Owdi
• Ox, Tumble
• Undead Warlord

Lore of the Gods (v.3.5)
• Child of the Gods [Half-God] [Template]
• Demon, Galla
• Demon, Keeper of the Hellgates
• Demon, Sebittu
• Divine Mount [Template]
• Humbaba, Keeper of the Cedar Forest (unique Epic creature)
• Husk
• Serpard, Desert
• Ushabti

Tome of Horrors: Revised (v.3.5)
• Abomination [Template]
• Bison, Dire
• Bone Cobbler
• Cricket, Cave
• Dire Animal [Template]
• Dragonfish
• Draug
• Elementals, Psionic [all]
• Floating Eye
• Fly, Giant
• Fogwarden
• Fox
• Foxwere
• Hoar Fox
• Marble Snake
• Oliphant
• Quipper
• Ram, Dire
• Shadow, Lesser
• Sheep
• Sheep, Ram
• Therianthrope [Template]
• Witherstench
• Wight, Barrow
• Zombie, Brine
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

More Creatures (cont.)

Post by Knightfall » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:59 am

Creatures from D20/OGL Sources [PDF] (cont.)
Minor Sources
Book of Templates: Deluxe Edition (v.3.5)
• Blighted Thrall [Template]
• Blind Oracle [Template]
• Elder Beast [Template]
• Ettin, Foulfin
• Mind Tangler
• Moon Faun
• Moon Wildling [Template]
• Vampiric Creature [Template]
• Whiteout Bear

Book of the Sea, the (v.3.0/v.3.5)
• Armour Crab
• Maleficent
• Siren, Shadow
• Thrashing Serpent

E.N. Critters – Volume 1: Ruins of the Pale Jungle (v.3.5)
• Animus
• Revered Ancestor [Template]

When the Sky Falls (v.3.5)
• Ark Guardian, Lesser
• Hungry Dreamer
• Memekeeper
• Ooze, Star
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “World of Kulan”