[Basic] D&D for free!

The next iteration of the Dungeons & Dragons game.
The Book-House: Find 5th Edition products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

rabindranath72
White Dragon

Re: [Basic] D&D for free?

Post by rabindranath72 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:58 pm

TBeholder wrote:Yup, the adorable 3.5 trend of retro-name-squatting goes on. (floats back to sleep)
There aren't that many words you can use to convey the idea that the game is "basic" and that it's "D&D." What would have you suggested?

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:54 pm

rabindranath72 wrote:
TBeholder wrote:Yup, the adorable 3.5 trend of retro-name-squatting goes on. (floats back to sleep)
There aren't that many words you can use to convey the idea that the game is "basic" and that it's "D&D." What would have you suggested?
Haha! That's the *exact* same thing that I thought, rab.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Hugin wrote:
rabindranath72 wrote:
Haha! That's the *exact* same thing that I thought, rab.
LOL! same here.

Dragon Turtle
Initiate

Post by Dragon Turtle » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:41 pm

Lets get back on topic please. :)

-DT

This is Havard's Alternate Account
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Junior admin at The Piazza. My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Bouv
Cloud Giant

Post by Bouv » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:54 pm

What makes me excited is, for my gaming group, I'm the only one who "technically" owns the books (well since I live with my fiancé, she can read them anytime she wants) but with something like this, I can easily own the books which have all the nitty-gritty details I like (and physical copy of the book I like) but say, "hey, Tom, Sarah (yes, real names used!), here's the free PDF so you can have a better understanding of what we are playing."

XstarkillerX
Broccoli Golem

Post by XstarkillerX » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:01 am

In this interview Mearls says that the Moldvay Basic will be the inspiration for the new Basic D&D! If they're trying to lure me with nostalgia, they're doing a great job at it! :P
Bouv wrote:What makes me excited is, for my gaming group, I'm the only one who "technically" owns the books (well since I live with my fiancé, she can read them anytime she wants) but with something like this, I can easily own the books which have all the nitty-gritty details I like (and physical copy of the book I like) but say, "hey, Tom, Sarah (yes, real names used!), here's the free PDF so you can have a better understanding of what we are playing."
Yeah, the possibility of NOT lending your precious books to your greasy-fingered new players is intriguing indeed :mrgreen:

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:38 pm

XstarkillerX wrote:In this interview Mearls says that the Moldvay Basic will be the inspiration for the new Basic D&D! If they're trying to lure me with nostalgia, they're doing a great job at it! :P
After reading this article the probability that I would buy 5E as now gone up from 50% to 90%. Mearls is the man with the plan!
I love how he does the «Steve Jobs» act.

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:52 pm

shesheyan wrote:
XstarkillerX wrote:In this interview Mearls says that the Moldvay Basic will be the inspiration for the new Basic D&D! If they're trying to lure me with nostalgia, they're doing a great job at it! :P
After reading this article the probability that I would buy 5E as now gone up from 50% to 90%. Mearls is the man with the plan!
I love how he does the «Steve Jobs» act.
When I (temporarily) stopped playing in 2008 I thought I already was at the place where I wouldn't be buying any new RPG material from anyone. I own a ton of Basic D&D (because I love Mystara) and have the core 3.5E books.

But 5E just keeps getting more enticing. One day I hope to get my wife playing a game, as she's getting interested from the Acquisitions Inc. videos we've been watching, and I also hope to one day have my kids playing. I think 5E has gone from 50% to 90% for me too.

Bouv
Cloud Giant

Post by Bouv » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:41 pm

Hugin wrote:When I (temporarily) stopped playing in 2008 I thought I already was at the place where I wouldn't be buying any new RPG material from anyone. I own a ton of Basic D&D (because I love Mystara) and have the core 3.5E books.

But 5E just keeps getting more enticing. One day I hope to get my wife playing a game, as she's getting interested from the Acquisitions Inc. videos we've been watching, and I also hope to one day have my kids playing. I think 5E has gone from 50% to 90% for me too.
Know how I got my fiancé playing? Had her read through the "starter" adventure in the Menzter Red Box. She felt so bad for poor Aleea! ;)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Please excuse my ignorance, but is that the B/X model of D&D? I can see how they could divide D&D up into Basic and Expert, because they already did "standard" and Epic in 3rd Edition. (I don't know what they did for 4th Edition.) Even back in 3rd Edition there was a lot of stuff, like Prestige Classes, that just is not available to 1st level characters. So they could have gone for a "Basic 3rd Edition" document and concentrated on the core classes, core races and teaching people how to do combat.

If that is what they are doing with 5e, it sounds to me that they are getting things back the way they should be. Maybe the rules will work differently, but the structure sounds like it is going to make it easier to teach to newbie players.

The reason I asked if you meant B/X D&D, is that one thing I've wondered with 3rd Edition (and it would apply to 5th or 4th Edition too) is if the rules could be broken down into a structure similar to the BECMI structure.

If you have "Basic D&D", "standard D&D" and "Epic D&D" (and I don't think I've seen confirmation that Epic 5e will exist or that it would be similar to previous epic rules yet) that gives you three layers of D&D. I think that 3e's Epic Handbook feels a bit tacked on. The Epic SRD does not incorporate the standard SRD and playing Epic 3e games involves switching between two similar, but not identical progressions.

I've never played BECMI, but from the good things I've heard about it, it seems to me that Frank Mentzer was able to make a big plan that flowed through the five products. Not having played it, I'm not sure if the flow there is smoother than the flow in 3e, but with 3e being an edition that is "standing on the shoulders of giants" it really should be able to equal BECMI's multi-level structure. I'm not sure it did that (or was even supposed to do that) as I'm not sure if the Epic Handbook was part of the original plan (or if it was an afterthought added on to sell more books to powerplayers), but it does seem to me that this stuff is being thought about for 5e.

I would be very interested to see how much of a hit the Pathfinder RPG market share takes when 5e gets going. I will be very interested to see if any publishers that print Pathfinder RPG rules will be putting out 5e compatible products.

I guess that, with Basic D&D being the bottom building block, the first 3PP products may well be ones designed for the Basic D&D tier.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Big Mac wrote:The reason I asked if you meant B/X D&D, is that one thing I've wondered with 3rd Edition (and it would apply to 5th or 4th Edition too) is if the rules could be broken down into a structure similar to the BECMI structure.
When Mearls speaks of a "Basic D&D" for 5E, he does not mean an altered, simpler structure. Basic D&D works exactly the same as the full game, it just has less "bells and whistles".

What that means is that you could start a campaign in Basic and switch to the full game without any conversion or adjustments made. In fact, he said it is possible to have some players playing under Basic and some playing under the full game in the same campaign at the same time.

Another difference between 5E Basic and the old Basic/Expert rules is that this new one is a complete game that facilitates play right up to maximum level. Again, it just doesn't have all the extras that can be added onto the game.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Heh. :lol:
D&D Basic wrote:Disclaimer: Wizards of the Coast is not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, sticking appendages in the mouth of a leering green devil face, accepting a dinner invitation from bugbears, storming the feast hall of a hill giant steading, angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:59 pm

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us.

Gawain_VIII
Storm Giant

Post by Gawain_VIII » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:54 am

For those who haven't heard... the free PDF was released yesterday. It's a fully functional PHB. I think it's called "Basic" because it doesn't include any optional add-ons, which makes it VERT MUCH reminiscent of Classic. I've done a quick browse, but haven't read through yet. On the surface, I see some things I like, some I don't like... but all in all, it's a HUGE improvement over the 4e MMO-on-paper. I *will* try this edition out.

Linky: http://media.wizards.com/downloads/dnd/ ... cRules.pdf
"Time does not heal all things--only swift and decisive action does." --Roger LaVern Girtman, II, 17 April 2010
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Classic Campaigns, my Mystara fansite
Moderator of The Piazza's Mystara and M3e Project forums.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:26 am

Hugin wrote:
Big Mac wrote:The reason I asked if you meant B/X D&D, is that one thing I've wondered with 3rd Edition (and it would apply to 5th or 4th Edition too) is if the rules could be broken down into a structure similar to the BECMI structure.
When Mearls speaks of a "Basic D&D" for 5E, he does not mean an altered, simpler structure. Basic D&D works exactly the same as the full game, it just has less "bells and whistles".

What that means is that you could start a campaign in Basic and switch to the full game without any conversion or adjustments made. In fact, he said it is possible to have some players playing under Basic and some playing under the full game in the same campaign at the same time.

Another difference between 5E Basic and the old Basic/Expert rules is that this new one is a complete game that facilitates play right up to maximum level. Again, it just doesn't have all the extras that can be added onto the game.
I thought that was supposed to be how Basic D&D worked back during B/X BECMI. I thought that was why the 5e Team were using the same name.

Wasn't the original Basic D&D product and the BECMI Basic D&D product an entire boxed set with a fully working system?

Did the expert set change rules, rather than just expand on them?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Vile
Bugbear

Post by Vile » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:20 am

Big Mac wrote:
Hugin wrote:Another difference between 5E Basic and the old Basic/Expert rules is that this new one is a complete game that facilitates play right up to maximum level. Again, it just doesn't have all the extras that can be added onto the game.
I thought that was supposed to be how Basic D&D worked back during B/X BECMI.
I think the confusion comes through different meanings of "Basic" in B/X, BECMI and 5E. In the first two, Basic means play up to 3rd level, while 5E Basic goes up to 20th level. On the other hand, there were no add-ons in B/X (can't speak for BECMI), what you got was what there was. So, B/X and BECMI expanded upwards (higher levels) and 5E will expand sideways with the release of the 3 core books (more options).

I think the closest equivalent to what is happening with 5E that I can think of is from the retro clone world (although 5E will likely bigger and more complex):

5E Basic = Labyrinth Lord

5E PHB/MM/DMG = Labyrinth Lord + Advanced Edition Companion

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Gawain_VIII wrote:For those who haven't heard... the free PDF was released yesterday. It's a fully functional PHB. I think it's called "Basic" because it doesn't include any optional add-ons, which makes it VERT MUCH reminiscent of Classic. I've done a quick browse, but haven't read through yet. On the surface, I see some things I like, some I don't like... but all in all, it's a HUGE improvement over the 4e MMO-on-paper. I *will* try this edition out.

Here is a link to the actual Basic Rules for Dungeons & Dragons download page (which has two versions to download - one that is more printer friendly). The page also says a lot about the contents of Basic D&D and the three sections of the download, so I'm going to quote it here to aid discussion:
Wizards of the Coast wrote:Basic Rules for Dungeons & Dragons

As Mike Mearls explained in Legends & Lore: The Basic Rules for Dungeons & Dragons is a PDF (over 100 pages, in fact) that covers the core of the game. It runs from levels 1 to 20 and covers the cleric, fighter, rogue, and wizard, presenting what we view as the essential subclass for each. It also provides the dwarf, elf, halfling, and human as race options; in addition, the rules contain 120 spells, 5 backgrounds, and character sheets.

But the best part? The Basic Rules is a free PDF. Anyone can download it from our website. We want to put D&D in as many hands as possible, and a free, digital file is the best way to do that.

Here now is the Basic Rules for Dungeons & Dragons:
  • Using These Rules

The Basic Rules document is divided into three parts.

Part 1 is about creating a character, providing the rules and guidance you need to make the character you’ll play in the game. It includes information on the various races, classes, backgrounds, equipment, and other customization options that you can choose from. Many of the rules in part 1 rely on material in parts 2 and 3.

Part 2 details the rules of how to play the game, beyond the basics described in this introduction. That part covers the kinds of die rolls you make to determine success or failure at the tasks your character attempts, and describes the three broad categories of activity in the game: exploration, interaction, and combat.

Part 3 is all about magic. It covers the nature of magic in the worlds of D&D, the rules for spellcasting, and a selection of typical spells available to magic-using characters (and monsters) in the game.
    (2.67 Mbs PDF) Basic Rules

(2.67 Mbs PDF) Basic Rules (Printer Friendly)
I'm still skimming this PDF. But here is what I've observed so far:

Part 1: Creating a Character consists of six chapters:
  • Chapter 1: Step-by-Step Characters
  • Chapter 2: Races
  • Chapter 3: Classes
  • Chapter 4: Personality and Background
  • Chapter 5: Equipment
  • Chapter 6: Customization Options
Part 2: Playing the Game consists of three chapters:
  • Chapter 7: Using Ability Scores
  • Chapter 8: Adventuring
  • Chapter 9: Combat
Part 3: The Rules of Magic consists of two chapters:
  • Chapter 10: Spellcasting
  • Chapter 11: Spells
There is also an Introduction, before Part 1 and an Appendix (called "Appendix: Conditions") after Part 3.

I'm more interested in campaign settings these days. I wasn't expecting to see anything about them, but the Worlds of Adventure part of the Introduction (pages 2-3) mentions six D&D settings (and the multiverse is also mentioned):
D&D Basic Rules: Introduction: Worlds of Adventure wrote:The worlds of the Dungeons & Dragons game exist within a vast cosmos called the multiverse, connected in strange and mysterious ways to one another and to other planes of existence, such as the Elemental Plane of Fire and the Infinate Depths of the Abyss. Within this multiverse are an endless variety of worlds. Many of them have been published as official settings for the D&D game. The legends of the Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Greyhawk, Dark Sun, Mystara and Eberron settings are woven together in the fabric of the multiverse. Alongside these worlds are hundreds of thousands more, created by generations of D&D players for their own games.
For a new player, that is an innocent looking section, but I bet that Wizards of the Coast thought very carefully about what campaign setting names went into that sentence there. And I bet they thought very carefully about the order the settings were given a namecheck.

I'm not sure we can take it as evidence that Dragonlance will be the second 5e campaign setting or that Mystara will be returned to print before Eberron comes back, but at this stage, I think that the fanbase of these campaign settings are the ones they have decided to market to most.

Planescape is not mentioned there, but I do see that they have chosen to mention the "Elemental Plane of Fire" and not the "Elemental Chaos". So that (and the mention of the "multiverse") is a slight namedrop to Planescape fans.

The section then has a further mention of Dark Sun, Eberron and Dragonlance (in that order). I'm not going to quote that, because you can easily download this yourself and turn to page 3. But there might be some relevance on the fact that they have not mentioned Forgotten Realms (or Greyhawk, or Mystara) in that section. Again, I think they thought very carefully about how this was written.

Chapter 2 (pages 11-19) starts off with a namecheck to Waterdeep (Forgotten Realms), the Free City of Greyhawk (Greyhawk) and Sigil (Planescape). They don't mention the setting names (I added those for people that do not know one or more of those settings well) but I guess that if you know the setting, you would spot the namecheck.

Page 12 has a Drizzt novel quote (for the drow fanboys and fangirls). Page 13 has a Dragons of Autumn Twilight quote (for the Dragonlance fans) and there is another quote from R.A. Salvatore on page 16 and a Liriel quote for drow fans on page 17. So not only have WotC thought about connecting up with WotC fans, it looks like they have thought carefully about fixing things with drow fans.

While the non-human races get a few mentions of subraces, the human section (pages 17-19) details nine human ethnic groups of the Forgotten Realms:
  • Calishite
  • Chondathan
  • Damaran
  • Illuskan
  • Mulan
  • Rashemi
  • Shou
  • Ththyrian
  • Turami
The Shou are specifically named as coming from Kara-Tur to the east of Faerûn, so we have another campaign setting getting a namecheck here. :)

The Cleric section of Chapter 3: Classes (pages 20-23) is probably the first indication that this is a cut down version of D&D, because, although it mentions domains, and namechecks many gods, it really only gives D&D Basic Rules players access to the "Life" domain. But the sentence paragraph of the Divine Domains section (page 23) is worth quoting, as we have specific namechecks of panthons from four campaign settings (and four pantheons based on real-world cultures) here:
D&D Basic Rules: Chapter 3: Classes: Cleric: Divine Domains wrote:Gods are included from the worlds of the Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Dragonlance and Eberron campaign settings, as well as from the Celtic, Greek, Norse and Egyptiain pantheons of antiquity.
So this indicates that the 5e PHB will support Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Dragonlance and Eberron. I'm guessing that Dark Sun and Mystara will not be supported (at that stage). (To be honest, I think it would be very very easy for Wizards of the Coast to throw other pantheons from other campaign settings up online. And it would also be very very easy for them to instead include gods for another four or more D&D worlds in PHB II. So I'm not ruling out 5e Dark Sun or 5e Mystara at this stage*, but it seems that they are really aiming for support for Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Dragonlance and Eberron with the PHB.)

* = You can't really rule anything out until 6e gets published! :P

(Looking at the other classes of Chapter 3, it looks like the PHB has multiple options, but D&D Basic Rules only include one of those options. For example, all Wizards rolled up under D&D Basic Rules have to be Evokers.)

Chapter 4: Personality and Background namechecks Tika Waylan (from Dragonlance) and Artemis Enteri (from Forgotten Realms) as example fighters.

Chapter 8: Adventuring namechecks the Tomb of Horrors, Waterdeep, the Isle of Dread and Balder's Gate.

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:55 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Hugin wrote:

I thought that was supposed to be how Basic D&D worked back during B/X BECMI. I thought that was why the 5e Team were using the same name.

Wasn't the original Basic D&D product and the BECMI Basic D&D product an entire boxed set with a fully working system?

Did the expert set change rules, rather than just expand on them?
Vile said it pretty good; we aren't comparing a 'Basic' set to 'Expert' or 'Companion' set that provide the next series of levels. Instead, we're comparing a 'Basic' to an 'Advanced' or 'full' game, where they both use the exact same core rules. The full game simply has more rules that can be added to the game.

XstarkillerX
Broccoli Golem

Post by XstarkillerX » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:03 am

Big Mac wrote:The Cleric section of Chapter 3: Classes (pages 20-23) is probably the first indication that this is a cut down version of D&D, because, although it mentions domains, and namechecks many gods, it really only gives D&D Basic Rules players access to the "Life" domain. But the sentence paragraph of the Divine Domains section (page 23) is worth quoting, as we have specific namechecks of panthons from four campaign settings (and four pantheons based on real-world cultures) here:
D&D Basic Rules: Chapter 3: Classes: Cleric: Divine Domains wrote:Gods are included from the worlds of the Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Dragonlance and Eberron campaign settings, as well as from the Celtic, Greek, Norse and Egyptiain pantheons of antiquity.
So this indicates that the 5e PHB will support Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Dragonlance and Eberron. I'm guessing that Dark Sun and Mystara will not be supported (at that stage).
Well, I know I'm being nitpicky, but being Dark Sun a world without gods, we can't entirely rule out support for elemental clerics based only on the list of included pantheons, given that they mention the setting multiple times, and they even mention the Elemental Plane of Fire.
And if we want to be overly precise, Mystara has Immortals, not Gods. :twisted:

EDIT: added Mystara comment.

Vile
Bugbear

Post by Vile » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:30 am

Hugin wrote:Vile said it pretty good; we aren't comparing a 'Basic' set to 'Expert' or 'Companion' set that provide the next series of levels. Instead, we're comparing a 'Basic' to an 'Advanced' or 'full' game, where they both use the exact same core rules. The full game simply has more rules that can be added to the game.
This could be the first time that Basic players who buy the Advanced game don't get that "but all the rules are different!" moment ... :twisted:

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Gawain_VIII wrote:For those who haven't heard... the free PDF was released yesterday. It's a fully functional PHB. I think it's called "Basic" because it doesn't include any optional add-ons, which makes it VERT MUCH reminiscent of Classic. I've done a quick browse, but haven't read through yet. On the surface, I see some things I like, some I don't like... but all in all, it's a HUGE improvement over the 4e MMO-on-paper. I *will* try this edition out.

I've read about the first half of it now (up to right before the combat chapter) and I'm really liking what I see so far. At least for the most part.

The spell slot system looks fantastic. I don't know why I haven't seen something like that before! The classes look interesting with their abilities and backgrounds (only one given per class in Basic but more to come in the PHB).

It looks like a solid system. I'd love to see what monsters will be like!

Falconer
Troll

Post by Falconer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:13 pm

Vile wrote:This could be the first time that Basic players who buy the Advanced game don't get that "but all the rules are different!" moment ... :twisted:
Yes, but, on the other hand, this version of Basic is already heavier than the old versions of Advanced!
Beggar’s Canyon 90s Star Wars
Old School Trek Star Trek TOS+OSR
Knights & Knaves Alehouse Old School GYGAXIAN games

Vile
Bugbear

Post by Vile » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:57 am

Possibly, but I need to get a game going to see how much of that stuff makes it into actual play. I haven't been able to really get a grip on the rules due to too much Real Life™ recently, but with any luck I'll try running a group through some old modules to see how it goes (or maybe the maze of Nuromen).

One thing I'm not clear on is whether every character has to have one of the "archetypes" or if you can just be a plain fighter, cleric, or whatever.

rabindranath72
White Dragon

Post by rabindranath72 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:33 am

Vile wrote: One thing I'm not clear on is whether every character has to have one of the "archetypes" or if you can just be a plain fighter, cleric, or whatever.
Not all classes have archetypes; the cleric and wizard don't, for example. So I suppose that removing them will cripple the class in some way.
Backgrounds on the contrary, I can easily see how to remove them; simply grant more skill or tools proficiencies.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:59 am

XstarkillerX wrote:
Big Mac wrote:So this indicates that the 5e PHB will support Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Dragonlance and Eberron. I'm guessing that Dark Sun and Mystara will not be supported (at that stage).
Well, I know I'm being nitpicky, but being Dark Sun a world without gods, we can't entirely rule out support for elemental clerics based only on the list of included pantheons, given that they mention the setting multiple times, and they even mention the Elemental Plane of Fire.
And if we want to be overly precise, Mystara has Immortals, not Gods. :twisted:
Fair point. But they did specifically exclude the two campaign setting names from that section.

One thing I know is that a lot of Mystaran Immortals have the names of mythological gods, so perhaps the four mythological pantheons that are included will give people enough for a "Mystara lite" game. And you could be right about having elemental domains. They have had them before.

Return to “D&D 5th Edition”