Out of the Abyss - FR Underdark

The next iteration of the Dungeons & Dragons game.
The Book-House: Find 5th Edition products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Out of the Abyss - FR Underdark

Post by shesheyan »

The latest adventure book :

SYNOPSIS
Dare to descend into the Underdark in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game! The Underdark is a subterranean wonderland, a vast and twisted labyrinth where fear reigns. It is the home of horrific monsters that have never seen the light of day. It is here that the dark elf Gromph Baenre, Archmage of Menzoberranzan, casts a foul spell meant to ignite a magical energy that suffuses the Underdark and tears open portals to the demonic Abyss. What steps through surprises even him, and from that moment on, the insanity that pervades the Underdark escalates and threatens to shake the Forgotten Realms to its foundations. Stop the madness before it consumes you! A Dungeons & Dragons adventure for characters of levels 1–15

Rage of Demons
Price: $49.95
Release Date: 15 September, 2015

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tableto ... oftheabyss

-----
WoTC are hitting on all the magic key words. Tiamat, Element Evil and now Drizzt and the Underdark. They are also getting adventure books out sequentially as to make sure there is always a new adventure ready when you finished the last one. Well, if you play every week. Even with a 2 week increment I can't keep up!

rabindranath72
White Dragon

Re: Out of the Abyss - FR Underdark

Post by rabindranath72 »

I am not very interested in these scenarios, as I am not in general a FR guy myself (and I have plenty of stuff already.) But I am glad they are NOT producing splatbooks, for a change. Looks like the good old times again, when you had rules and scenarios!
This said, THIS scenario looks interesting as I had in mind an Underdark campaign at some point.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Re: Out of the Abyss - FR Underdark

Post by shesheyan »

I always preferred doing homebrew campaigns but I just don't have time for that anymore. I bought Gazetteers and other products as reference but never used them «as is».

A friend of mine gave me the original Underdark box a few months ago while cleaning his basement. I'm tempted do an Underdark campaign in September now that they are publishing a scenario. We should have finished the Tiamat series by then. I'm skipping the Elemental one. Not my cup of tea.

Return to “D&D 5th Edition”