Tomb of Annihilation Concept Art

The next iteration of the Dungeons & Dragons game.
The Book-House: Find 5th Edition products.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

Tomb of Annihilation Concept Art

Postby Big Mac » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:05 pm

Victor Maury has uploaded a page called Tomb of Annihilation Concept Dump to Art Station. Here is what he says about it:
Victor Maury at Art Station wrote:Tomb of Annihilation Concept Dump

Welp, I think this was announced in October (?) but after 2 and a half years, I get to share my concept work on Tomb of Annihilation!

Doing a concept push at Wizards was basically a childhood dream of mine and not a day goes by that I don't look back on those three weeks ever so fondly! Got to jam with brilliant writer Adam Lee and veteran mastermind Richard Whitters as well as partner-in-crime Daarken Lim.

Felt like a little kid dreaming up booby traps and dino encounters. We even had some preliminary doodles from Pendleton Ward to work off of, and lemme tell you that guy knows his dungeons. Mike was focused on a lot of the Tomb designs and some awesome were-pterodactyls and goblin totems whereas I was pretty into the Jungle and Port stuff. Hope yall enjoy!

There is some pretty cool artwork there. I don't know about you lot, but I always like to see concept art, as it's a bit like seeing the skeleton in an x-ray and being able to tell what's inside someone. :)

I think you could also show these to people playing in a game. Victor says the first picture "hasn't aged well" but he is bonkers, as it's brilliant.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Tomb of Annihilation Concept Art

Postby Havard » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Wow, these are great! Thanks for sharing!

I wonder if any of these could reveal hints of setting ideas that ended up being scrapped? Maybe we could reconstruct them?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby RobJN » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:03 pm

Artstation is like crack for my inspiration. Especially stuff like this
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Postby Big Mac » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:28 am

Havard wrote:Wow, these are great! Thanks for sharing!

I wonder if any of these could reveal hints of setting ideas that ended up being scrapped? Maybe we could reconstruct them?

Victor did say he turned the Merchant Noble into a gnome for the final product. So you get an extra merchant noble there. He looks pretty cool. Maybe he could be turned into a friend, trading partner or rival to that gnome.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby zontoxira » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:29 pm

ArtStation has been on my radar for the past couple months. It seems every time I browse images for my session, I stumble upon it.
Have a look at my Dark Sun Reconstruction Project at Homebrewery or Dark Sun 5e files at Google Drive
---
Cager extraordinaire, at your service!
---
"There are no saints in the animal kingdom. Only breakfast, and dinner." - Lorne Malvo
zontoxira
Gnoll

Return to D&D 5th Edition