D&D 5E in Ancient Greece: The New Argonauts 5E Conversion

The next iteration of the Dungeons & Dragons game.
The Book-House: Find 5th Edition products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Mike Myler
Entropic Half-Fiend Flail Snail

D&D 5E in Ancient Greece: The New Argonauts 5E Conversion

Post by Mike Myler » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Grab your sandals and play some D&D in Ancient Greece! I've (with permission) taken Sean K. Reynold's awesome The New Argonauts PDF and am converting it to 5E. If you're a fan of Perseus, Odysseus, Hercules, or any of the other classics, check it out. Thanks! :D
There are dozens of free PDFs for my campaign settings on my website! Veranthea Codex (a coterie of 6 diverse areas of play in one heavily detailed 380+ page Pathfinder RPG book), Hypercorps 2099 (superhero cyberpunk Pathfinder and D&D 5E), Mists of Akuma (eastern fantasy noir steampunk for D&D 5E), 2099 Wasteland (apocalyptic atomic fantasy D&D 5E), and Book of Exalted Darkness (holy decopunk and evil for D&D 5e)! Check em out!

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: D&D 5E in Ancient Greece: The New Argonauts 5E Conversio

Post by Tim Baker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 pm

Nice work. Thank you for sharing. I hadn't heard of this one before (I missed the whole 3.x era), and will check it out.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:52 pm

Tim Baker wrote:Nice work. Thank you for sharing. I hadn't heard of this one before (I missed the whole 3.x era), and will check it out.
Thank you for checking it out! If you end up bopping around city-states with your group let me know what you get into and how things hold up.

Sean also did an incredible little product about reskinning creatures that's still relevant for 5E (it's called File Off the Serial Numbersand is $2) that I strongly recommend.
There are dozens of free PDFs for my campaign settings on my website! Veranthea Codex (a coterie of 6 diverse areas of play in one heavily detailed 380+ page Pathfinder RPG book), Hypercorps 2099 (superhero cyberpunk Pathfinder and D&D 5E), Mists of Akuma (eastern fantasy noir steampunk for D&D 5E), 2099 Wasteland (apocalyptic atomic fantasy D&D 5E), and Book of Exalted Darkness (holy decopunk and evil for D&D 5e)! Check em out!

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:10 am

That is awesome ! I took a Greece Mythology class at university. Fascinating. I'm always looking for new campaign ideas. Will download it asap. Thanks.

zontoxira
Planewalker

Post by zontoxira » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:57 am

That looks cool, would love to see more. There are some interesting aspects I already fancy, like bloodlines.
Have a look at my Dark Sun 5e Reconstruction or Planescape 5e Belief System
---
Cager extraordinaire, at your service!
---
"There are no saints in the animal kingdom. Only breakfast, and dinner." - Lorne Malvo

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 pm

I really liked the fact that Sean put up The New Argonauts for free. That was very kind of him.

One day I'll work out a way to Spelljammerise this! :twisted:

I hope that it can be turned into a Print on Demand title, at some point.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:17 pm

shesheyan wrote:That is awesome ! I took a Greece Mythology class at university. Fascinating. I'm always looking for new campaign ideas. Will download it asap. Thanks.
I can't stress how keen I am on Sean's work, and specifically he killed it with The New Argonauts. When I asked if it was alright to convert it I was kiiiinda hoping he was going to say something like "I'd rather you didn't because I'm going to." :p
zontoxira wrote:That looks cool, would love to see more. There are some interesting aspects I already fancy, like bloodlines.
More is on the way, but just monsters I reckon. The first post should be everything required for a GM and players to get their game started.
Big Mac wrote:I really liked the fact that Sean put up The New Argonauts for free. That was very kind of him.

One day I'll work out a way to Spelljammerise this! :twisted:

I hope that it can be turned into a Print on Demand title, at some point.
Sean is awesome. :D I doubt he'll loop back around to fiddle with a file from ~13 years ago (if he still has it even!) BUT I did print it out and it's not going to destroy your ink cartridge--I'd do the same and hit it with some binding.

Anywho--THE BULLS OF COLCHIS!

Mike Myler

Re: D&D 5E in Ancient Greece: The New Argonauts 5E Conversion

Post by Mike Myler » Fri May 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Got back on the horse and this will be auto-posting every Sunday into October. Plus there's a handy dandy organizational page now! :D

Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 pm

Very cool. I'm looking forward to the finished product!

Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 pm
Very cool. I'm looking forward to the finished product!
I wouldn't feel proper making a PDF out of this but I *did* poke Sean K Reynolds to let him know I finished all the crunch work so if he ever feels like it should exist, I'll put a 5E New Argonauts thing together proper. :D

Today's post: Greek Soldier!

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:27 pm

I love this kind of settings!
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:31 pm

Mike Myler wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:43 pm
I wouldn't feel proper making a PDF out of this but I *did* poke Sean K Reynolds to let him know I finished all the crunch work so if he ever feels like it should exist, I'll put a 5E New Argonauts thing together proper. :D
Sweet!! :cool:

Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:07 pm

Return to “D&D 5th Edition”