DLR3 Unsung Heroes

Visit Krynn's mysterious second continent and other lands that lie beyond the shores of Ansalon.
The Book-House: Find Taladas products.

Moderators: maddog, Dragonhelm

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

DLR3 Unsung Heroes

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Over in the Is there a complete product listing for Taladas? thread, rabindranath72 said that DLR3 Unsung Heroes was not totally set in Taladas, but could not recall the exact details.

Falconer said that he considers Selasia and Watermere, from DLR1 Otherlands to be part of the same setting as Taladas. With both products being in the DLR series, it kind of makes sense for them to be related. And with the third product being DLR2 Taladas: The Minotaurs it makes sense for that to also somehow be related.

I actually already have DLR1 Otherlands so if some of the content of DLR3 Unsung Heroes relates to that, rather than the main part of Taladas, I could still use it. (And if some of the parts of DLR3 related to Chorane, rather than Selasia, Watermere or Taladas itself, I could still use it.) But I'd actually like to know what is actually in DLR3.

I saw a review of DLR3 that wrote it off as "50 low level NPCs". Would anyone be able to give me a breakdown of the NPCs in the book and let me know which areas they hail from?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Re: DLR3 Unsung Heroes

Post by Boneguard » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:20 am

Here it is roughly:

18 humans (1 from the Minotaur league)
5 kender
3 gnome (1 from The Minotaur league)
1 Dargonesti
2 Aghar
2 Hylar
1 kargonesti
3 half elf
4 minotaur (2 from the Minotaur league (one of which now reside in Kothas))
1 sirine
2 Qualinesti
3 silvanesti
1 Irda
1 Neidar
1 Daewar
10 dragons

Ranging from 2nd to 15th level. most are in the 2nd-7th range.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:54 am

Thanks Boneguard.

So is that 4 NPCs from Taladas and 54 NPCs from Ansalon? Or do any of the NPCs hail from other places?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Post by Boneguard » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:59 am

Yes, of the 50 odd NPC, 4 hail from Taladas. Everyone else hails from Ansalon...often through reference to either Nation -Solamnia, Mithas, etc- or organisation -Order of High Sorcery.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Boneguard wrote:Yes, of the 50 odd NPC, 4 hail from Taladas. Everyone else hails from Ansalon...often through reference to either Nation -Solamnia, Mithas, etc- or organisation -Order of High Sorcery.
Hmm. It seems that this might be less useful (in a Taladas campaign) than I thought. But it still might be worth getting, as I like mainstream Dragonlance too.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Basically, this product took a lot of the TSR Dragonlance trading cards of the time, and compiled them into one product. Many of the NPCs were duds, but there were a few gems.

In January 2006, the Dragonlance Nexus began work on the ambitious project of converting Unsung Heroes to the D&D 3rd edition rules. The idea was not only to do rules conversions, but to give new life to the characters, taking them "from drool to cool." Through the hard work and persistence of the fan community, the Unsung Heroes conversion was completed in August 2006.

Unsung Heroes Conversion Guide
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Dragonhelm wrote:Basically, this product took a lot of the TSR Dragonlance trading cards of the time, and compiled them into one product. Many of the NPCs were duds, but there were a few gems.
Thanks for the backstory. Are there any other Dragonlance trading cards that didn't get included in DLR3? If so, has anyone ever done anything with them?
Dragonhelm wrote:In January 2006, the Dragonlance Nexus began work on the ambitious project of converting Unsung Heroes to the D&D 3rd edition rules. The idea was not only to do rules conversions, but to give new life to the characters, taking them "from drool to cool." Through the hard work and persistence of the fan community, the Unsung Heroes conversion was completed in August 2006.

Wow! That doubles my interest in DLR3 as you have done the work for me! :mrgreen: :cool: :mrgreen:

Thanks to Trampas Whiteman, André La Roche, Clive Squire, B'naa, Heine Stick, Valharic, Sephzero, Shadowalk Nimblefeet for making this "Fan Enhancement". :cool:

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:56 am

Big Mac wrote:Thanks for the backstory. Are there any other Dragonlance trading cards that didn't get included in DLR3? If so, has anyone ever done anything with them?
To my knowledge, no.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Dragonhelm wrote:In January 2006, the Dragonlance Nexus began work on the ambitious project of converting Unsung Heroes to the D&D 3rd edition rules. The idea was not only to do rules conversions, but to give new life to the characters, taking them "from drool to cool." Through the hard work and persistence of the fan community, the Unsung Heroes conversion was completed in August 2006.

That is very cool. :cool:

I'm assuming there isn't a handy PDF version available, however. :|
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Knightfall wrote:

That is very cool. :cool:

I'm assuming there isn't a handy PDF version available, however. :|
I'm afraid not. Might be a project for another day.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Return to “Taladas and Otherlands”