[Royodo] Shattered Lands being restarted!

Visit Krynn's mysterious second continent and other lands that lie beyond the shores of Ansalon.
The Book-House: Find Taladas products.

Moderators: maddog, Dragonhelm

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Royodo] Shattered Lands being restarted!

Post by Big Mac » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:52 am

I just noticed that Nael is trying to restart the Shattered Lands of Royodo project. He posted this thread over at the Dragonlance Nexus forums: Looking for Sadists,.... I mean Volunteers to help resurrect Shattered Lands.. I'll quote the first post here:
Nael at the Dragonlance Nexus forums wrote:If you would like to volunteer please let me know.

I will be starting a google group to work on this project.

We need:
Writers familiar with 4e rules
Artists
Computer Savvy PDF creators and typesetters
Editors

So please if you want to give to the community please Join me!
Nael has got an account at The Piazza, but he has not logged in since 2011, so I don't know if he will be reading this thread. So it is probably best to surf over to the Nexus forums if you want to help. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [Royodo] Shattered Lands being restarted!

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Why is he doing it for 4E? From a consumer standpoint it be better to make a Campaign Guide as rules neutral as possible and then expand with Player's Guides that focus on rule-sets.
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:08 am

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:Why is he doing it for 4E? From a consumer standpoint it be better to make a Campaign Guide as rules neutral as possible and then expand with Player's Guides that focus on rule-sets.
This was originally a 3rd Edition project. I was hoping it would stay 3e to remain compatible with the Dragonlance product line put out by Sovereign Press/Margaret Weis Productions (and the Adlatum Project). A lot of 3.0 work got done back when Nael was doing this on his own and a lot of 3.5 work got done, when he teamed up with Dragonlance Nexus. I'm not sure how close to completion the 3.5 version was, but going back to 4e means a lot of that work was lost.

I'm hoping that, if Nael can get the 4e version done, it might be possible to put the 3.5 content back into it (afterwards) and maybe try to use the 4e work to fill in the missing bits.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:23 am

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:Why is he doing it for 4E? From a consumer standpoint it be better to make a Campaign Guide as rules neutral as possible and then expand with Player's Guides that focus on rule-sets.
I've always said that fans who contribute to the Nexus should write with the rules system they feel the most comfortable with. When you're energized about your work, you get more done.

In the end, this is Nael's baby and he should write in a way that is fun and has him energized. Otherwise, the project will die on the vine.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.

Return to “Taladas and Otherlands”