Otherlands: Thoughts?

Visit Krynn's mysterious second continent and other lands that lie beyond the shores of Ansalon.
The Book-House: Find Taladas products.

Moderators: maddog, Dragonhelm

Otherlands: Thoughts?

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:03 am

Browsing through amazon and coming across a lot I was unaware of, Otherlands for AD&D 2E being one of them. Who has this and what are your thoughts on it?
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: Otherlands: Thoughts?

Postby Boneguard » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:43 pm

I Have it.

Essentially it covers 3 nations. Chorane, A chain of Islands (Can't recall their name) and a Sea elf (Dargonesti) settlement near Taladas. It provides a nice map, including one of all of Krynn with Ansalon and Taladas on it.

Each sections usually covers the history of the settlement, how it is today, the population and some hooks. They also provides a couple monstrous compendium pages each for local specific creature. In the Case of the Sea elf one, it also provides rules for Dargonesti as PC (Up to that point only the Dimernesti was usable as a PC). It's also kind of a 1st/2nd edition Hybrid sourcebook as the only Corebooks are the DRagonlance Adventures hardback and Time of the Dragons Boxset.

I personally like it as it is providing us with very distinct location, but at the same time most of them are not easily introducable as they are out of the way...but are great for location specific adventure.

I'm personally using Chorane for my Under-Krynn project (On Hiatus).
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Postby Falconer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:06 am

Falconer
Troll

Postby Angel Tarragon » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:38 am

Thanks Falconer, didn't know that was available as a freebie awhile ago.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Return to Taladas and Otherlands