What if the Minotaur Empire and Imperial League re-establish

Visit Krynn's mysterious second continent and other lands that lie beyond the shores of Ansalon.
The Book-House: Find Taladas products.

Moderators: maddog, Dragonhelm

What if the Minotaur Empire and Imperial League re-establish

Postby Dragonhelm » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:07 pm

If the Minotaur Empire of Ansalon and the Imperial League of Taladas re-established contact, how would that work out? Would they call each other allies? Would they form one larger cross-continental minotaur empire? If so, they would need one emperor, which would likely be chosen in the Games.

How do you think it would work out?
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.
Dragonhelm
Aurak

Re: What if the Minotaur Empire and Imperial League re-estab

Postby thorr-kan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:40 pm

Dragonhelm wrote:If the Minotaur Empire of Ansalon and the Imperial League of Taladas re-established contact, how would that work out? Would they call each other allies? Would they form one larger cross-continental minotaur empire? If so, they would need one emperor, which would likely be chosen in the Games.

The Minotaur Empire of Ansalon would get beaten like cross-eyed mule.
thorr-kan
Bugbear

Postby Dragonhelm » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:33 am

thorr-kan wrote:
Dragonhelm wrote:If the Minotaur Empire of Ansalon and the Imperial League of Taladas re-established contact, how would that work out? Would they call each other allies? Would they form one larger cross-continental minotaur empire? If so, they would need one emperor, which would likely be chosen in the Games.

LOL!

Why do you say that?
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.
Dragonhelm
Aurak

Postby night_druid » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:35 am

Dragonhelm wrote:How do you think it would work out?

Depends entirely on how much contact and communication they manage to establish & maintain. If its only a ship or two every decade, it'll likely just be an exchange of news, a bit of trade, and probably a few minotaurs from each land would settle in the other. Perhaps even dynastic marriages and such. If they manage something more, then who knows? The smaller empire might not like suddenly being the little fish in the pond, and as such might revolt. Or they might gladly join forces. Stranger things have happened.

But, given the theme of Dragonlance (evil turns upon itself), I'd go for more of a conflict angle. Political backstabbing abound as the Imperial League ships a new regent and his army to take over the Minotaur Empire's holdings. Said regent might suddenly find himself alone as assassins (aka adventurers) strike in a decapitation move, and the resulting infighting sees the rise of a new, independent Minotaur Empire.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green
night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Postby Sturm » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:18 am

The rise of a cross continent minotaur empire could be a good plot for a next age Dragonlance, as Havard asked a few days ago here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16821
They could ally with ogres and draconians and it could be all part of a major plot by Sargonnas now that he is free from his ingombrant wife :) but I would expect the Knights, the elves, and all the other nations of Ansalon and Taladas to oppose them.
Eventually as night_druid says, the Empire could be damaged by some internal strife caused by the jealous other evil gods..
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby thorr-kan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:38 am

Dragonhelm wrote:
thorr-kan wrote:

LOL!

Why do you say that?

'Cause I'm an unrepentant Imperial League fanboy, and I'm not familiar with the Empire as such. It's RPG development postdates my DL interest.

Fanboying aside, I think the League is established as a dynamic and robust entity. The minotaurs of Ansalon can't seem to get their act together.
thorr-kan
Bugbear

Postby Big Mac » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Do both minotaur nations employ sailing ships? If they do, wouldn't that imply a trading relationship would be probable?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby DaemonAngel » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:04 pm

Here's how I'd handle it:
The Accord of the Two Emperors: The Minotaur League, (Taladas), and the Minotaur Imperium (Ansalon) agree to focus their own expansion to their respective hemispheres (Northern and Southern), setting the equator as the dividing line. Krynn is still a sizable planet, so something like how the Western and Eastern Roman Empires divided Rome's overall domain to make administration easier. However, either Emperor is allowed the challenge the other in the Games for ruler-ship of the whole if he chooses. This, of course is the long range plan, as it won't likely be completed in the life time of the agreeing rulers.
DaemonAngel
Orc

Postby Big Mac » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:59 pm

DaemonAngel wrote:Here's how I'd handle it:
The Accord of the Two Emperors: The Minotaur League, (Taladas), and the Minotaur Imperium (Ansalon) agree to focus their own expansion to their respective hemispheres (Northern and Southern), setting the equator as the dividing line. Krynn is still a sizable planet, so something like how the Western and Eastern Roman Empires divided Rome's overall domain to make administration easier. However, either Emperor is allowed the challenge the other in the Games for ruler-ship of the whole if he chooses. This, of course is the long range plan, as it won't likely be completed in the life time of the agreeing rulers.

That sounds logical.

With a lot of other races to challenge them they don't really need to fight each other. Not in the short term anyway.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Taladas and Otherlands