Boneguard's (Gamer's) New Year Resolution...and a question

System-neutral discussion of campaign setting and game world design. Discussion of existing rules systems belongs in The Crunchy Bits and its sub-forums.

Boneguard's (Gamer's) New Year Resolution...and a question

Postby Boneguard » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:04 pm

*I think I'm in the right place. If it is not, I'm very sorry.

I'm quite an imaginative guy and over the years, I've started a lot of projects, but most are incomplete ;(

So for this year I've resolved to deal with this and complete all of my partial projects. before undertaking any others. My projects could be define as nearly completed/in need of polishing are genuine WIP.

Completed
Red Sonja for Mongoose Publishing's Conan RPG: Here in The Piazza or On the Mongoose Publishing forum
The Naali a arctic fox variant of the Kitsune for Paizo's Pathfinder RPG Naali a Kitsune Variant

Nearly completed:
My Homebrewed world of Thealis
Land of the Cherry Blossom
The Derro Savant Class

Genuine WIP
Ravenloft's Dwarven Domain
Calidar Crew conversion for AD&D (1st and 2nd Ed)
Oriental Adventures Retro-conversion
Calidar converison to AD&D
A Kull/Thuria Supplement for Mongoose's Conan RPG (External link)
Hollow Krynn (External link)
Adventure set in Krynn (external link)
Clan Lasombra True Childe (External link)
Linnorm Bloodline (External link)
Pathfinder Gnolls as PC race (External link)
Valley on the Children (External link)

As you can see, there are a lot of things to complete, so I might go over into 2017.

My question to the community would be: Where could I host these to share with people? I have a 4shared account (but nothing there yet, so not sure if convinient) and use Dropbox (where link tend to go dead after a while). I'm looknig for something permanent, convinient, not too expensive, and where I keep hold on my rights on my material.
Last edited by Boneguard on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Re: Boneguard's (Gamer's) New Year Resolution...and a questi

Postby Boneguard » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Updated with my Lasombra Idea from the Onyx path Website...How dare I forget it.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Re: Boneguard's (Gamer's) New Year Resolution...and a questi

Postby Big Mac » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:07 am

Boneguard wrote:*I think I'm in the right place. If it is not, I'm very sorry.

Hmm. I'm as confused as you! If you didn't have a long list of RPG projects here, I'd be tempted to suggest this gets moved to The Tabard Inn (as your main question is about hosting). But I'm going to leave it here for now. :?

Lets see if another moderator moves it anywhere. ;)

Boneguard wrote:My question to the community would be: Where could I host these to share with people? I have a 4shared account (but nothing there yet, so not sure if convinient) and use Dropbox (where link tend to go dead after a while). I'm looknig for something permanent, convinient, not too expensive, and where I keep hold on my rights on my material.

You could use Google Docs if you want to make printable handouts. I've used that for a few of my unfinished RPG projects. (You can even use Google Docs for working with one or more other people on a shared project.

Dropbox has something, called Dropbox Paper, but you have to go on a waiting list to get it. (And you probably need to stay within your Dropbox folder limit.) If you don't have a Dropbox account yet, you can sign up with a referral link and you get 500MB more space. (Here is a Dropbox referral link from me, if you need one. :) )

If you are more looking to have some kind of "Boneguard on the web" experience for people who like you, you might want to consider starting a blog. Both Blogger and Wordpress have free sites for hosting blogs. You can also pay for a commercial Wordpress blog and do more with it. I've seen entire websites done as Wordpress websites.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to The Squishy Bits