Inspirational music for RPGs

System-neutral discussion of campaign setting and game world design. Discussion of existing rules systems belongs in The Crunchy Bits and its sub-forums.

Re: Inspirational music for RPGs

Postby Saltwater1 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:04 am

Just about anything out of the Legends of Zelda, mostly Twilight Princess and Majoras Mask. The usual fantasy soundtrack, but with a darker mood. Perfect for my campaign.
"Join me, my bushes! To war we go!" -A very resourceful wood elf druid
Saltwater1
Gnoll

Postby Jayce » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Bit of an obvious choice, but the Sword Coast Legends soundtrack by Inon Zur is excellent. As is a lot of Inon Zur's stuff, really. The Sword Coast Legends OST and a lot of his other work are available on Spotify.

For more atmospheric, new age-y background stuff, I really like the Celtic themed albums by Adrian von Ziegler - also available on Spotify, or on von Ziegler's personal YouTube account. Von Ziegler's stuff is a little reminiscent of the type of "Celtic Mists" stuff that seemed to be everywhere in the early 1990s, which captures a timeframe that I personally instantly identify with (A)D&D. His music definitely has modern production values, however, so it doesn't feel cheesy or ridiculous by any means. It's good stuff, and definitely worth checking out.
Jayce
Hobgoblin

Postby RobJN » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Jayce wrote:Bit of an obvious choice, but the Sword Coast Legends soundtrack by Inon Zur is excellent. As is a lot of Inon Zur's stuff, really. The Sword Coast Legends OST and a lot of his other work are available on Spotify.

For more atmospheric, new age-y background stuff, I really like the Celtic themed albums by Adrian von Ziegler - also available on Spotify, or on von Ziegler's personal YouTube account. Von Ziegler's stuff is a little reminiscent of the type of "Celtic Mists" stuff that seemed to be everywhere in the early 1990s, which captures a timeframe that I personally instantly identify with (A)D&D. His music definitely has modern production values, however, so it doesn't feel cheesy or ridiculous by any means. It's good stuff, and definitely worth checking out.

Oh, yes, I am subscribed to Von Ziegler's channel on the YouTubes. :D
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Postby Zeromaru X » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:36 pm

I have always used the Conan the Barbarian, WoW, and LotR ost for my games. I'm going to search the SCL ost right away!
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby RobJN » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Newest Two Steps from Hell is out -- "Unleashed."

Chills.

Just listened to the title track, and... :o A contender for the theme for the battle between two THRONE satellites, most definitely.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Previous

Return to The Squishy Bits