Tarragon Tabletop: Blog & More

System-neutral discussion of campaign setting and game world design. Discussion of existing rules systems belongs in The Crunchy Bits and its sub-forums.

Tarragon Tabletop: Blog & More

Postby Angel Tarragon » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:12 am

I have an rpg blog; Tarragon Tabletop. While I am taking a step back from being super-active with gaming communities, I am not completely disappearing. My thoughts on various things across many D&D editions as well as Pathfinder & Starfinder will be most prevalent on my blog.

Feel free to comment either here in this thread in reply to blog or video content.
Last edited by Angel Tarragon on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Style or Stats?

Postby Angel Tarragon » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:13 am

11-23-2017: Style or Stats? [Blog]

In my blog for today I posit the question of style over stats.
Last edited by Angel Tarragon on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: Tarragon Tabletop: Blog & More

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:34 am

11-24-2017: Ultimate Wilderness Cursory Thoughts [Blog] [Video]

Unboxing Ultimate Wilderness and my thoughts on a few things in it. Dedicated review forthcoming in the future.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:54 am

no longer relevant...
Last edited by Angel Tarragon on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:56 am

12-10-2017: Changes...
I am stepping back from being heavy into creation of content for table-top role-playing games. I feel that I have been denying the need for this changes in my life. I've struggled with getting out of gaming and resisted a change that I have needed regarding it. I am likely going to be spending less money on ttrpgs. I do have a wishlist of rpg books I'd like to add to my collection, mostly to finish off product lines that are now out of print.

A part of this is not putting so much effort into homebrew settings, I have been all over the board creating for so many that I think this is why I haven't truly been able to do something super-constructive for this aspect of my life. For now it is time to push it to the side, but not completely out of my life. Development of Malathea is on indefinite hiatus, while I may develop the odd piece here or there for it occasionally there will be no serious focus on it until a later date.

I've shut down the Tarragon Intermedia brand across social media platforms and likely will not ever relaunch it. If and when I am ready to give ttrpgs a full focus is when I can become fully active as a gamer; as a developer, game master and player. A developer must be a player and a GM and at this point in my life I am neither.

I am not completely stepping away from being a gamer, just shelving it. You can expect to see more blog posts forthcoming on various ideas and I'll still be active across RPG sites just in a very diminished capacity.

If and when ttrpgs are something I cam able to give more attention to than maybe I will consider a new brand to be able to get my creative thoughts on ttrpgs out there.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:44 am

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Return to The Squishy Bits