Questions asked so far include:@RiteRowe on Twitter wrote:Do you have sewer questions?!
I am a game designer/developer with 10 years of sewer engineering experience, and I am here to provide answers!
(Or at least do the research!)
- Hypothetically, in a dry environment, could a series of grates on a mountainside be used to gather water and have it flow down the mountain (in tunnels) and collect that way? Do the angles have to be steep or just angled downwards? - 2:09 PM - 30 Aug 2018
- What’s the method for cleaning current sewers? What do you think they might have done in ancient civilizations? - 5:15 AM - 31 Aug 2018
- What are some techniques a society might use to future-proof their sewers? - 1:29 PM - 30 Aug 2018
- I'm running my players through sewers inhabited by an intelligent hivemind of undead. These undead maintain the sewers, and have built a water treatment facility in the sewers. This facility is their first dungeon. What environmental obstacles can they expect to encounter? - 10:30 AM - 31 Aug 2018
- Just found this thread! Are some sewer systems labyrinthine in construction? And if so, what are the acoustics like? I'm imagining a party lost, hearing sounds from echoes. - 6:10 PM - 30 Aug 2018
- Under very heavy rain/flash flood conditions, how fast can water flow in a storm sewer? What are your top 3 #DnD applicable facts every DM should know about Classical or medieval era sewers? -1:31 AM - 30 Aug 2018
- What sort of @Wizards_DnD stats would you give to a fatburg?: [url=https://corporate.thameswater.co.uk/Med ... rg-Autopsy]https://corporate.thameswater.co.uk/Med ... rg-Autopsy I'm assuming it should be some sort of Ooze that eats the commoners who go down to keep the sewers working.[/url] - 9:14 AM - 7 Oct 2018
- What's the typical range (min, max, median) of sewer pipe diameters? How frequent are access points? - 10:18 PM - 29 Aug 2018
- What is an inflow drop? - 10:54 PM - 29 Aug 2018
- How DO you deal with excess air and other gases? - 11:04 PM - 29 Aug 2018
- If you *don't* deal with air and other gases, could you have a noxious gas cloud form? I need to know for...reasons. - 11:27 PM - 29 Aug 2018
- How do dwarves manage underground sewerage systems? - 10:36 PM - 30 Aug 2018
- How breathable, or for how long, is the air? What's the grade of erosion in time of the piping system? Is there a ratio of population to size of system for growing amounts of inhabitants? - 10:27 PM - 29 Aug 2018
- Oldest still functioning sewer system in the world? - 10:46 PM - 29 Aug 2018
- Were there cultural differences? I mean were sewers that developed in different places using different tech or implementations? - 10:57 PM - 29 Aug 2018
- I am nerd for minutia in world design so I appreciate your allowing us to pick your brain. What under ground system would you pick in a major city to have game potential? - 11:34 PM - 29 Aug 2018
- When I was a kid in Knoxville I would go to a drainage outlet and walk a ways into those tunnels. Then one day we had flooding, like the Tennessee Valley is known for, and I saw why I should not go in there anymore. The outflow was impressively forceful. - 12:12 AM - 30 Aug 2018
- Do you have any thoughts on a fantasy setting Qanat? I have been toying with the idea of a setting involving an abandoned qanat and cisterns under ruins... - 1:15 AM - 30 Aug 2018
- Was there any kind of sewer system in the middle ages, and if so, would it be feasible to travel via them? - 1:32 AM - 30 Aug 2018
- Alligators? - 2:50 AM - 30 Aug 2018
Have any of these sorts of questions come up in your research? Has Stephen given you any ideas about what you might want to do better?
Has anyone asked him any questions? What answers did he give you?
(Thanks to Sean K Reynolds, who pointed me - and others - at Stephen Rowe.)