D&D Logos & book cover art

Rules-focused discussion of pen & paper RPGs. Threads in this board must be tagged by rules set.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

banesbox
Goblin

D&D Logos & book cover art

Post by banesbox » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:06 am

Hi all. I've been a member of the forums for a bit, but never really posted anything as of yet, though I do read a lot of posts. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been working on AD&D and D&D logos and book cover templates for a while now and I have posted them over at deviantart.com. Its mostly older stuff though. Feel free to grab whatever you like. Everything is print ready at 300 dpi. :)

http://banesbox.deviantart.com/gallery/ ... /DND-Stuff

Hoping to do the rest of the D&D/AD&D product logos at some point in the future.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: D&D Logos & book cover art

Post by Havard » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:31 pm

Very nice dude! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:23 pm

They look great, banesbox. Well done and thanks for sharing!

banesbox
Goblin

Post by banesbox » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Thanks guys, hope everyone can use them. Just check back on my deviantart.com account from time to time, I might have a few more soon.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:25 pm

Looks like you've got some competition, Havard :P
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:01 pm

RobJN wrote:Looks like you've got some competition, Havard :P
I don't mind that at all! I love 'em! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

banesbox
Goblin

Post by banesbox » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Fixed and added the Thunder Rift covers and added a few more D&D logos. Thanks all.... :)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:50 am

banesbox wrote:Hi all. I've been a member of the forums for a bit, but never really posted anything as of yet, though I do read a lot of posts. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been working on AD&D and D&D logos and book cover templates for a while now and I have posted them over at deviantart.com. Its mostly older stuff though. Feel free to grab whatever you like. Everything is print ready at 300 dpi. :)

Wow! Those look great.
banesbox wrote:Hoping to do the rest of the D&D/AD&D product logos at some point in the future.
That would be brilliant.

There are other people out there making logos, but people tend to focus more on the popular campaign settings. That means that the less well known settings get a lot less fan support.

There are probably a few logos that have never been done before. (I bet nobody has ever done the Wildspace logo. ;) )

I would be interested to see if you could do clean versions of some of the logos for the tiny D&D settings that don't yet have forums on The Piazza. (Maybe you could also help out with a couple of forum logos, so that Ashtagon can preload them on the server, when she is not busy.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

banesbox
Goblin

Post by banesbox » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:56 am

Big Mac wrote:
banesbox wrote:Hi all. I've been a member of the forums for a bit, but never really posted anything as of yet, though I do read a lot of posts. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been working on AD&D and D&D logos and book cover templates for a while now and I have posted them over at deviantart.com. Its mostly older stuff though. Feel free to grab whatever you like. Everything is print ready at 300 dpi. :)

Wow! Those look great.
banesbox wrote:Hoping to do the rest of the D&D/AD&D product logos at some point in the future.
That would be brilliant.

There are other people out there making logos, but people tend to focus more on the popular campaign settings. That means that the less well known settings get a lot less fan support.

There are probably a few logos that have never been done before. (I bet nobody has ever done the Wildspace logo. ;) )

I would be interested to see if you could do clean versions of some of the logos for the tiny D&D settings that don't yet have forums on The Piazza. (Maybe you could also help out with a couple of forum logos, so that Ashtagon can preload them on the server, when she is not busy.)

Sure, I dont mind doing logos and stuff. I'll check them out. Now the new stuff I can not do. I was hit with a cease and desist letter about 2 years ago from Hasbro because I posted new D&D logos on my deviant account. Then they came after me over the old D&D logos, but after a few emails, they said I could post the old school stuff. But anyway, yeah, I can trace logos for the forums.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:17 am

banesbox wrote:Sure, I dont mind doing logos and stuff. I'll check them out. Now the new stuff I can not do. I was hit with a cease and desist letter about 2 years ago from Hasbro because I posted new D&D logos on my deviant account. Then they came after me over the old D&D logos, but after a few emails, they said I could post the old school stuff. But anyway, yeah, I can trace logos for the forums.
Wow. I hope that wasn't too stressful.

We had a guy on here a while ago who wrote an unofficial Greyhawk book and he had to deal with WotC's legal people. Obviously they have to protect their IP rights.

Did you see what the fans of Vaults of Pandius did? They made a bunch of logos in the exact same style as the TSR logos, but with the letters "VoP" instead of the letters "TSR". So it looked as good as your logos, but you could tell it wasn't a copy if you looked at it properly.

I can't remember the name of the topic, but I think you would like it. (Hopefully another person reading this can drop a link for me.)

Have you ever created any modified logos?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “The Crunchy Bits”