[TORG] Living Land Previews

Rules-focused discussion of pen & paper RPGs. Threads in this board must be tagged by rules set.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

[TORG] Living Land Previews

Postby Havard » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:26 pm

The TORG Eternity Kickstarter was successful and Ulisess is now working to further develop the Living Land:

Living Land 1: One Year Later: http://www.ulisses-us.com/living-land-p ... ear-later/

Living Land 2: Kaah! http://www.ulisses-us.com/living-land-preview-2-kaah

What do you think about these previews? :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [TORG] Living Land Previews

Postby Big Mac » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:42 am

I don't know anything about the Living Land. Even the Book-House page for The Living Land does not tell me too much.

Is this a standalone campaign setting, or does it connect to all (or some) other TORG products?

EDIT: I found a few more links (including another TORG Eternity preview about the Living Land you missed) and the product blurb and added them to that Book-House page.

The blurb explains things to me a bit, but I'm still not sure if the entire TORG product line was connected to the Possibility Wars. :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:47 am

Big Mac wrote:I don't know anything about the Living Land. Even the Book-House page for The Living Land does not tell me too much.

Is this a standalone campaign setting, or does it connect to all (or some) other TORG products?

I didn't realize we had a book-house page for the Living Land! :o

The basic premise of TORG is that Earth is being attacked by invaders from other dimensions (called Realities or Cosms). As these forces begin their occupation of Earth, different parts of the planet are being transformed into getting similar proerties as those different invading dimensions. Each dimension is different so the different parts of earth being transformed each have unique properties.

The Living Land is the part of North America that is currently under occupation. Americans living within the zone of transformation find that none of their technology is working anymore, the air is clouded with heavy mists and gigantic lizardlike beasts have begun to appear. Also, some of the population find themselves transformed into lizardmen! This is all part of the plan by High Lord Baruk Kaah.

I am a little surprised that they are starting by releasing the Living Land as the first new release for the new edition of TORG Eternity. The Living Land was my least favorite Reality. However, I think my dislike had to do with execution rather than concept. I do like the idea of a reality filled with shamanistic lizardmen and dinosaurs, at least in theory. I'm guessing they are changing how things work here in the new edition. Also, I think many TORG campaigns back in the 1990s took place in the Living Land simply because the majority of players were Americans and wanted to play in America. Besides, the invasion of North America was pretty epic in the original timeline.

I am curious to see how the Living Land is going to be presented in TORG Eternity.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby FistfulOfDice » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Havard wrote:I am a little surprised that they are starting by releasing the Living Land as the first new release for the new edition of TORG Eternity. The Living Land was my least favorite Reality. However, I think my dislike had to do with execution rather than concept. I do like the idea of a reality filled with shamanistic lizardmen and dinosaurs, at least in theory. I'm guessing they are changing how things work here in the new edition.

I think they're releasing LL first because it was the least popular, and for the long-term fans it's important to show how this version has improved the place. Throwing most of it out and replacing it with Land Below ideas and making Kaah be more hands-on and not being the designated idiot actually makes me interested in the realm now.
FistfulOfDice
Kobold

Postby Havard » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:07 pm

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Return to The Crunchy Bits