[TSR] Revolt at Antares (1981) connected to RPG Setting?

Rules-focused discussion of pen & paper RPGs. Threads in this board must be tagged by rules set.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

[TSR] Revolt at Antares (1981) connected to RPG Setting?

Postby Havard » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:48 pm

Revolt at Antares was a 1981 mini game created by Tom Moldvay and published by TSR. It was a sci fi game with 3 different scenarios:

"The Revolt on Antares minigame has three different scenarios. In the basic game, the Rebel player leads his or her allies in revolt against the Terrain forces and the houses that remain loyal. In the second game, the Terrain player tries to defend himself against revolting houses in league with invading aliens, the Silakka. In the third game, Terra is neutral, while up to four players try to create the most powerful house on Imirrhos!"

Learn more in the RPGGeek Page: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2213/revolt-antares

Is the planet of Imirrhos or its solar system, Antares, connected to Star Frontiers or any of the other sci fi RPGs published by TSR?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [TSR] Revolt at Antares (1981) connected to RPG Setting?

Postby bayonetbrant » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:12 am

I was a huge fan of the Antares game, and one of our GMs used it for a Star Frontiers adventure that he ginned up himself back in the early 80s. He wasn't able to find any other Antares material anywhere else, but no idea if anything was released after that.
-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----
-- Brant
Chief cat herder and editorial director over at www.grogheads.com
Occasional game designer, even less-occasional game publisher
Most importantly, dad to 2 fantastic kids and budding gamers
bayonetbrant
Goblin

Return to The Crunchy Bits