[Sci-Fi] Coriolis : The Third Horizon RPG

Rules-focused discussion of pen & paper RPGs. Threads in this board must be tagged by rules set.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Darkanth
Bugbear

Re: [Sci-Fi] Coriolis : The Third Horizon

Post by Darkanth » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:22 pm

shesheyan wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:11 am
@Darkanth : Its a great system indeed. Renaming everything should work fine. Some group play Coriolis without using the Arab names and 1000 nights feel of the setting - apparently they can't handle that because of all the ISIS stuff going on in the real world. I understand why they do that but since the setting never mentions Islam or the Prophet I find its a bit excessive. My players actually enjoy the Arian Nights meets Firefly feeling go the game.
Don't get me wrong, the actual setting is brilliant, but i'm more interested in the game mechanics and using them elsewhere.
Unless I'm mistaken the only real system that is tied to the setting are the Icons - praying and invoking the icons to get re-rolls and giving the GM dark points. Maybe its possible to turn that into a pantheon of Christian/Jewish/Arab/Indu/Asian, etc religious figures OR just use it without any link to a setting. As an exemple Numenera intrusion points are not linked to the setting in any way. Its less cool but it works fine.
You are quite correct here. I am contemplating trying to retro-fit the system into the 40k universe (not the current quagmire, my own timeline), mainly because I can't afford to get Wrath & Glory- and I feel the Year Zero Engine is actually better from what i've read so far regarding W&G.
I think the Third Horizon could well be a "lost" sector from before the Great Crusade.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 pm

Darkanth wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:22 pm
You are quite correct here. I am contemplating trying to retro-fit the system into the 40k universe (not the current quagmire, my own timeline), mainly because I can't afford to get Wrath & Glory- and I feel the Year Zero Engine is actually better from what i've read so far regarding W&G.
I think the Third Horizon could well be a "lost" sector from before the Great Crusade.
I like this idea a lot ! If you have time keep us informed of your progress. We have a Warhammer section. ;)

Darkanth
Bugbear

Post by Darkanth » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:50 pm

shesheyan wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 pm
Darkanth wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:22 pm
I like this idea a lot ! If you have time keep us informed of your progress. We have a Warhammer section. ;)
I shall endeavour to do so. RL is likely to slow any updates to a crawl though.

Return to “The Crunchy Bits”