Introduce yourself here

Welcome area for new members. With subforums for off-topic discussion, gamers seeking gamers and play by post gaming.
Bael Garnen
Kobold

Re: Introduce yourself here

Post by Bael Garnen »

Hi everyone! My name is Pedro, but I also go by my handle.

I started playing when d&d 4e came out, but since I started looking for 3.5e material and moved to mostly moved to 5e. I also have some experience with Chronicles of Darkness, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulhu, and Tormenta (an Brazilian offshoot of 3.5e). Mostly Dm because I'm a bit of a lore hound and my group does't gather unless I take the initiative.

I've been lurking around here for a while, but my curiosity made me be more active. It's a pleasure to be here with you all!

Best regards,
Pedro

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Bael Garnen wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:54 pm
Hi everyone! My name is Pedro, but I also go by my handle.

I started playing when d&d 4e came out, but since I started looking for 3.5e material and moved to mostly moved to 5e. I also have some experience with Chronicles of Darkness, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulhu, and Tormenta (an Brazilian offshoot of 3.5e). Mostly Dm because I'm a bit of a lore hound and my group does't gather unless I take the initiative.

I've been lurking around here for a while, but my curiosity made me be more active. It's a pleasure to be here with you all!
Welcome to The Piazza, Pedro! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Hugin
Messenger of Odin

Post by Hugin »

It's a pleasure to have you here, Pedro! Welcome!

Marcantony
Kobold

Post by Marcantony »

Hi, my username is Marcantony and Im a long term (30 years) GM and player. I have played a wide variety of rpgs including Dungeons and Dragons (and everything put out by TSR), Palladium, Chthulh, Traveller, Marvel Super Heroes, and many others.

I have my own site and facebook group with numerous downloadable pdfs dedicated to both AD&D and the Palladium system, covering a wide range of genres and eras. My own homebrew is basically the modern superhero world but using AD&D 2e rules. Something I wanted to do when I first started playing AD&D 1e when I was 15, but never full realized until some years later when I started modifying various rpg systems before coming back to D&D.
Beyond Heroes: A site dedicated to heroic roleplaying of all eras including fantasy, pulp, modern and future with my own magic system and compatible with OD&D, AD&D 1E and 2E. And a section for the Palladium rpgs. Most articles available as downloadable PDFs either from the main site or the Facebook group.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

Marcantony wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:19 am
Hi, my username is Marcantony and Im a long term (30 years) GM and player. I have played a wide variety of rpgs including Dungeons and Dragons (and everything put out by TSR), Palladium, Chthulh, Traveller, Marvel Super Heroes, and many others.
Hi Marcantony. Welcome to The Piazza! It's great to have you join us.

My very first RPG was Heroes Unlimited by Palladium. Which of the Palladium games did you play? You mentioned creating PDFs for Palladium...do you still play the system? Which of the settings?

talsine
Priest of Syrinx

Post by talsine »

Tim Baker wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:18 am
Marcantony wrote:

My very first RPG was Heroes Unlimited by Palladium. Which of the Palladium games did you play? You mentioned creating PDFs for Palladium...do you still play the system? Which of the settings?
I have so many good memories of Palladium games, my favorite being TMNT and Other Strangeness. Welcome Marcantony!

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Marcantony wrote:
Hi there Marcantony!

Hope you like it here :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

rredmond
Gnoll

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Pedro and Marcantony!!
You'll like it here. :D
--Ron--

Dread Delgath
Storm Giant

Post by Dread Delgath »

Welcome Pedro & Marcantony. :D

I have a few Palladium books - Mutants in Orbit being my favorite, as I mine it for ideas for my Gamma World game!

Also have the Canada book, as well as TRIAX & the NGR, Spirit West, Africa, Splynn, and a few others that I can't recall the names of!

I'm in the middle of a complicated move, and half of my RPGs are still in my old place, as I fiddle for more time between the necessary family stuff and moving! The Palladium books are those RPGS still at my old place... :?
So Long and Thanks For All the Fish!

Marcantony
Kobold

Post by Marcantony »

Tim Baker wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:18 am
Marcantony wrote:

No, not for a few years since we all got married. But I have 2 young children I hope will be interested in rpgs later, and possibly the Talisman boardgame soon. Talisman is the one I really miss playing (I have all the supplements except blood moon).

The pdfs Ive done so far (still many more to go) are here and at my facebook group in my sig.
Beyond Heroes: A site dedicated to heroic roleplaying of all eras including fantasy, pulp, modern and future with my own magic system and compatible with OD&D, AD&D 1E and 2E. And a section for the Palladium rpgs. Most articles available as downloadable PDFs either from the main site or the Facebook group.

Sir Alain Fisk
Hobgoblin

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

Good evening. My name is Paul 'Sir Alain Fisk' Emerson, and I've come here as a result of the Torg Eternity forums locking down some time soon. In those forums I was known as Doc Gordon (the Torg Character is a Core Earth Archaeologist and his title, Doc, comes from two sources, his having a Doctorate in Archaeology and an homage to Flash, his last name Gordon chosen for the same reason). However, since I've never actually been able to PLAY Torg, I've always been counted on to RUN it -though that may change this Spring (2020)- I thought it more appropriate to run under my Torg GM name, Sir Alain Fisk. He is from a world invaded by the Tharkold reality who managed to be chosen, just before the planet was denuded of energy and, subsequently, of people, to ride a dimthread to another Earth to become a warning and, hopefully, to help train others concerning the High Lords and the rules of a Possibility War, and then continue to prosecute the fight against the bad guys.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of Torg. I picked up the first box set in 1990 the minute it was hitting the shelves and it was my very first RPG. The next year it became the very first game I ran and, from that time, I've always been the GM for whatever group I was involved in. I was one of the first to hit Kickstarter to support the rebirth of Eternity, as well, and have fallen flat in love with it, forever. That being said, I've read, played, run, and/or written closer to fifty RPGs, now, and I have several more I've downloaded to read; I'm not bragging, here, in fact I think there are far too many games coming out every single day, so if an older game fails to remain captivating and relevant, it disappears before it's had time to be played properly. I'm all for the health of the gaming industry, but I believe the gaming industry needs to relax their sphincters -as has been done by Ulisses Spiele International- and allow other folks to publish supplements and adventures for extant games, rather than trying and failing to reinvent the wheel every time a new game is published. But, that's just me.

While I'm keen to interact with my fellow Players and GMs, I'm uncertain how often I'll be here. I've run phpBB forums since 1997 (I think?), including the forum I'm running, now, and know they are notorious for getting board owner email addresses black listed and fail to send out notifications, and no change is, to the best of my knowledge, forthcoming. So, I'll have to pay a visit once a week, if I remember to do it.

I'm running my first adventure, this time around, for Torg Eternity, in Day One Living Land and my friends and I have been truly enjoying it, on Roll 20 and Discord. I LOVE role-playing, especially in Torg, and if I never play or run any other game for the remainder of my life, I think I could die happy. :D
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

rredmond
Gnoll

Post by rredmond »

Your site looks good Paul. Where are your forums?
Anyway welcome! This is a great place to hang and talk rpgs. Also Play-by-Post games, that being one of my favorite ways to play. :D
Be well and be welcome,
--Ron--

Sir Alain Fisk
Hobgoblin

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

Good morning, rredmond, you can find them, here. I have my categories split out pretty well and I certainly don't mind lurkers checking things out.
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

rredmond
Gnoll

Post by rredmond »

Rock on! Looks good thanks!

Sir Alain Fisk
Hobgoblin

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

{GRIN!!!} I use that phrase all the time, LOL. That rocks!!!!

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

Welcome to The Piazza, Paul. While I'm sorry to hear that the Ulisses Spiele forums are coming to an end, I'm glad that you and other Torg fans have found their way here!

Sir Alain Fisk
Hobgoblin

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

Just in the few days I've been here, I've been impressed with how well things run, and I'm grateful there is, indeed, a good place to go. Thank you for having me and all my brothers and sisters from the cosms.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Good to have you here Sir Alain! :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

hawaiianbrian
Kobold

Post by hawaiianbrian »

Hi Everyone,
I'm Brian Reeves, the co-author of Fires of Ra, Revenge of the Carredon, Unhallowed Data, Relics of Power, and the as-yet-unnamed upcoming Tharkold mega-adventure!

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

hawaiianbrian wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:03 pm
Hi Everyone,
I'm Brian Reeves, the co-author of Fires of Ra, Revenge of the Carredon, Unhallowed Data, Relics of Power, and the as-yet-unnamed upcoming Tharkold mega-adventure!
Welcome Hawaiianbrian!

Looks like I need to update my Celebrities at The Piazza thread! :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Sir Alain Fisk
Hobgoblin

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

hawaiianbrian wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:03 pm
Hi Everyone,
You have been around for a LONG time and I'm glad you're here, now!!! I love the work you've done; thank you for all of it.

Return to “The Philosopher's Stone”