Introduce yourself here

Welcome area for new members. With subforums for off-topic discussion, gamers seeking gamers and play by post gaming.

Re: Introduce yourself here

Postby AxesnOrcs » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:42 am

Havard wrote:Hello Ian!
Welcome to The Piazza! :)
If you want to, I think you should add a link to your blog in your signature here. :)

-Havard

Thanks for the welcome.

Big Mac wrote:
AxesnOrcs wrote:Howdy, I'm Ian, and I run the blog Axes and Orcs. I came over here a few months ago because Big Mac cross-posted my article on Eberron airships and Spelljammer.

That was a good article. (I'm sure you have other good ones, but that's the one I stumbled onto.)

Thanks, although I think I'll have to hit with a rewrite since my goal for that thought experiment changed, I did some deep digging into RW alchemy and demonology that's me given other ideas, and I suspect that some of my thoughts got skimmed over.

AxesnOrcs wrote:When I run games, it's generally a derivative of Basic D&D with bits of Advanced and 3e bolted on.

That's an interesting combination. Have you kind of created your own clone rules, or do you use Basic, Advanced and 3e books together?

I run Lamentations of the Flame Princess as my chassis and I mostly use the other books for monster stats since LotFP as a default expects the GM to have most things be people with rare custom beasties. I am kludging my way into doing a retro-clone of the Champions of Mystara/Top Ballista aircraft building and combat rules.

AxesnOrcs wrote:I'm currently trapped in that hell that is being an adult whose friends are all adults and thus arranging face to face games is like pulling teeth while running backwards. Additionally, several of my friends are semi-competitive Magic: the Gathering players, which constantly conflicts with when I'd want to run.

A lot of my friends have moved out of London, so I don't have a circle of people I can play with without travelling, but I was lucky enough to win a slot in AuldDragon's live streamed Spelljammer game recently. So, I've gone from having no game to having a game that other people can listen to (which is a lot of fun when we all start rolling 1s :lol: ).

I need to get caught up on that. It's been interesting watching/listening to AuldDragon's campaign.
AxesnOrcs wrote:My current campaign is loosely 16th-17th century our world except for the whole elves and the like and the overly-massive and anachronistically industrialized city of Shardheim. I'm drawing inspiration from Eberron, Golarion, Spelljammer, Mystara, and the Final Fantasy series. I hate kender, most halflings and gnomes, sometimes kobolds, and steampunk.

Has there ever been a Final Fantasy RPG or are you looking at computer game resources (like fan wikis) to get your inspiration?

There are fan-made FF RPGs, which I have taken some inspiration from, but I primarily go hit up the wikis.

AxesnOrcs wrote:So this is me saying hey, I'll be here combing through things for stuff.

I hope you enjoy it here.

I also hope you will occasionally point someone at something you have done that might help them with something they are trying to do. :)

Naturally
https://axesnorcs.blogspot.com/ Semi-frequent posts on RPGs, focused on stuff I make for games I run.
AxesnOrcs
Orc

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:04 pm

tetrasodium wrote:I've never really been much for the "hi everybody" type threads, so my first post here was this one about eberronizing ToA where someone suggested I pop over here too :D

Thanks for popping over here to say "hi". :)

tetrasodium wrote:I've been running d&d games (along with many others) off & on since the early 90's with AD&D. FR was always too much random tolkien+what's cool thrown in a blender with no thought to how things should interact/effect each other, so I usually did completely homebrew settings back then.

There were a few things that got shoehorned into Forgotten Realms, that were originally supposed to go somewhere else...or be standalone things.

One of the things I liked about the 2nd Edition AD&D Era was that there were a lot of choices. So if someone didn't like one campaign setting, there were plenty of others they could have a go with.

(The other thing was Spelljammer, which is my favourite campaign setting.)

Have you still got notes on your homebrew setting/s? Maybe some of the people who hang out in the Homebrew Worlds forum would be interested.

tetrasodium wrote:Eventually Eberron came around & I've been happy to use the hell out of it since, but it's always a huge pain to break new players out of the FR box created by all the FR-centric stuff baked into the core books.

Came across this recently when @HellcowKeith tweeted a mention of it, so boogabooga everyone :D

Eberron has been interesting, as it doesn't seem to use the standard D&D cosmology. There are not too many settings that have variant cosmologies and, apart from Mystara, the settings with variant cosmologies tend to have quite niche fan communities.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:59 pm

AxesnOrcs wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
AxesnOrcs wrote:Howdy, I'm Ian, and I run the blog Axes and Orcs. I came over here a few months ago because Big Mac cross-posted my article on Eberron airships and Spelljammer.

That was a good article. (I'm sure you have other good ones, but that's the one I stumbled onto.)

Thanks, although I think I'll have to hit with a rewrite since my goal for that thought experiment changed, I did some deep digging into RW alchemy and demonology that's me given other ideas, and I suspect that some of my thoughts got skimmed over.

As someone who stalled when trying to organise a Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project I admire anyone who makes any sort of progress on any sort of project (Spelljammer or not).

AxesnOrcs wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
AxesnOrcs wrote:When I run games, it's generally a derivative of Basic D&D with bits of Advanced and 3e bolted on.

That's an interesting combination. Have you kind of created your own clone rules, or do you use Basic, Advanced and 3e books together?

I run Lamentations of the Flame Princess as my chassis and I mostly use the other books for monster stats since LotFP as a default expects the GM to have most things be people with rare custom beasties. I am kludging my way into doing a retro-clone of the Champions of Mystara/Top Ballista aircraft building and combat rules.

I've heard of LotFP, but never played it.

Have you seen Dark Dungeons? Blacky the Blackball built that retro-clone here (and ended up winning a bespoke Dark Dungeons forum here). Have you decided on a name for your Champions of Mystara/Top Ballista clone yet?

AxesnOrcs wrote:
Big Mac wrote:A lot of my friends have moved out of London, so I don't have a circle of people I can play with without travelling, but I was lucky enough to win a slot in AuldDragon's live streamed Spelljammer game recently. So, I've gone from having no game to having a game that other people can listen to (which is a lot of fun when we all start rolling 1s :lol: ).

I need to get caught up on that. It's been interesting watching/listening to AuldDragon's campaign.

It's really great to know that a few people are following our game. :D

AxesnOrcs wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
AxesnOrcs wrote:My current campaign is loosely 16th-17th century our world except for the whole elves and the like and the overly-massive and anachronistically industrialized city of Shardheim. I'm drawing inspiration from Eberron, Golarion, Spelljammer, Mystara, and the Final Fantasy series. I hate kender, most halflings and gnomes, sometimes kobolds, and steampunk.

Has there ever been a Final Fantasy RPG or are you looking at computer game resources (like fan wikis) to get your inspiration?

There are fan-made FF RPGs, which I have taken some inspiration from, but I primarily go hit up the wikis.

Do you mean the D&D wikis? Or other wikis? I'm quite interested in World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game and Wowpedia (which has much more information about the MMORPG than anything else) is really useful for getting inspiration for that. And some of the fan maps are amazing!

AxesnOrcs wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
AxesnOrcs wrote:So this is me saying hey, I'll be here combing through things for stuff.

I hope you enjoy it here.

I also hope you will occasionally point someone at something you have done that might help them with something they are trying to do. :)

Naturally

See you around the forums. :)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby AxesnOrcs » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:35 am

Big Mac wrote:I've heard of LotFP, but never played it.

Have you seen Dark Dungeons? Blacky the Blackball built that retro-clone here (and ended up winning a bespoke Dark Dungeons forum here). Have you decided on a name for your Champions of Mystara/Top Ballista clone yet?

I've had Dark Dungeons for a while. For whatever reason it never really grabbed.

I still don't have a name for my Aerial Combat and Aircraft Construction Guide yet, and as of now, have not gotten around to doing more than some cursory consolidation. I'm not even sure what exactly my goals with it are other than being more fully table friendly. Ironically, I came up with a name for an OSR transforming robot class/supplement and hammered out 75% of the class already, Oil Surge Relay.
Big Mac wrote:Do you mean the D&D wikis? Or other wikis? I'm quite interested in World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game and Wowpedia (which has much more information about the MMORPG than anything else) is really useful for getting inspiration for that. And some of the fan maps are amazing!

I mean mostly Final Fantasy Wiki.

Big Mac wrote:
See you around the forums. :)

Yep :)
https://axesnorcs.blogspot.com/ Semi-frequent posts on RPGs, focused on stuff I make for games I run.
AxesnOrcs
Orc

Postby Big Mac » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:05 am

AxesnOrcs wrote:
Big Mac wrote:I've heard of LotFP, but never played it.

I've had Dark Dungeons for a while. For whatever reason it never really grabbed.

I still don't have a name for my Aerial Combat and Aircraft Construction Guide yet, and as of now, have not gotten around to doing more than some cursory consolidation. I'm not even sure what exactly my goals with it are other than being more fully table friendly. Ironically, I came up with a name for an OSR transforming robot class/supplement and hammered out 75% of the class already, Oil Surge Relay.

Good luck finding a name!

Maybe a working title would help you move forward, until you have a finalised name. :-)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Solauren » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:27 am

Been looking in on the boards occasionally for a while.

Looks like this is one of the places the WOTC Forum Denizens migrated too :)
Secrets of the Archmages!

The Webs most complete (and possible only) Wizards of the Coast discussion forum copy/mirror!

http://secretsofthearchmages.net
Solauren
Goblin

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Solauren wrote:Been looking in on the boards occasionally for a while.)

Hi Solauren! Welcome to The Piazza! Thanks for finally taking the plunge.

What sort of stuff are you interested in?

Solauren wrote:Looks like this is one of the places the WOTC Forum Denizens migrated too :)

Yes it is. The Piazza was actually set up as a response to the Gleemax forum staff deciding to merge all the forums for out of print campaign settings into one single forum. They said they were going to do that in 2008 and there was a topic over there to ask them to reconsider. But they did it anyway and Ashtagon set up this place.

The forum has expanded beyond it's original remit (a new home for fans of old worlds) and one of the things I really like about this place is that it is a no school forum (both old school fans and new school fans are welcome). The Piazza even had a Nentir Vale forum before Wizards of the Coast set theirs up! :cool:

The WotC forums continued for the new school stuff (for a while) but as you probably know, they eventually decided to delete them. (That's something I'm still sad about, even though I like The Piazza so much that my post count here overtook ten years of WotC forum posts in a short time.) So we have picked up some extra fans that didn't come in with the first wave.

You will see some quite small forums here too. That's because The Piazza has tried to do the opposite of what happened at WotC in 2008 and support cult campaign settings as well as the most popular ones. (I've actually learned lots of campaign worlds that I never even knew existed before I signed up.)

Which parts of the WotC forums did you used to hang out in most?
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Solauren wrote:Been looking in on the boards occasionally for a while.

Looks like this is one of the places the WOTC Forum Denizens migrated too :)

Greeings Solauren! Welcome to The Piazza! :) Hope you like it here :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Coronoides » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:07 am

Hi I'm Karl AKA Coronoides in most places.
I've been a hobbyist designer since 1983 (I was 12) and mostly play home-brew worlds. I play lots of different RPGs and even wrote one. When it comes to D&D of the published settings only Planescape, Council of Wryms and the 2e Celts book have me hooked. Since I like 5e home-brew and setting not supported by the D&D 5e yet I spend a lot of time doing mathematical analysis of the 5e rules to help me and other build better, balanced, home-brew. I am a frequent contributor to RPG Review magazine.

RPG Review is free and can be found here:
http://rpgreview.net/

My analysis of D&D 5e races and aid to race design is here:
https://rpggeek.com/filepage/120857/rev ... system-opt

and there is an excel sheet too
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? Check out my mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: https://rpggeek.com/filepage/120857/rev ... system-opt and excel sheet https://rpggeek.com/filepage/120858/exc ... on-article

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms including dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkanqpayp4v3t ... 8.pdf?dl=0
Coronoides
Bugbear

Postby Coronoides » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:10 am

Cool I'm a kobold, it sez so right under my avatar. I like kobolds their scrappy.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? Check out my mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: https://rpggeek.com/filepage/120857/rev ... system-opt and excel sheet https://rpggeek.com/filepage/120858/exc ... on-article

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms including dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkanqpayp4v3t ... 8.pdf?dl=0
Coronoides
Bugbear

Postby Havard » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi Coronides! Welcome to The Piazza! Enjoy your Kobold status while it lasts! If you keep up this rate of posting you may be a Giant or a Troll before you know it. Not sure if that is a good thing though? :lol:

Joking aside, if you like the Celts sourcebook, make sure to check out this thread.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Coronoides wrote:Hi I'm Karl AKA Coronoides in most places.

Hi Karl/Coronoides. Welcome to The Piazza!

Coronoides wrote:I've been a hobbyist designer since 1983 (I was 12) and mostly play home-brew worlds. I play lots of different RPGs and even wrote one. When it comes to D&D of the published settings only Planescape, Council of Wryms and the 2e Celts book have me hooked. Since I like 5e home-brew and setting not supported by the D&D 5e yet I spend a lot of time doing mathematical analysis of the 5e rules to help me and other build better, balanced, home-brew.

Is your RPG anything that was published?

I like Spelljammer and one of the reasons I like it is that it can be used to connect other campaign settings together. Have you ever used Planescape and Council of Wyrms together?

We don't have a bespoke forum for HR3 Celts Campaign Sourcebook at The PIazza (yet :twisted: ) but we have a system of forum tags for things that don't yet have forums. The Celts Campaign Sourcebook has the forum tag "[HR3]" and you can use the forum search system to search for all forum topics with HR3 in the title, as long as you are logged in. I only see one post right now, but it is by the designer of HR3, so you might like it. :)

I don't play 5e, but I'll have to check out your maths, when I get a chance. We have a forum member called Jaid who did some maths around ship weapons in Spelljammer and that was a blast.

Coronoides wrote:I am a frequent contributor to RPG Review magazine.

Nice. Maybe we should have individual topics about those. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Coronoides wrote:Cool I'm a kobold, it sez so right under my avatar. I like kobolds their scrappy.

Not any more, you're not. You have already levelled up into a goblin. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Coronoides » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Coronoides wrote:Hi I'm Karl AKA Coronoides in most places.

Hi Karl/Coronoides. Welcome to The Piazza!

Is your RPG anything that was published?

I like Spelljammer and one of the reasons I like it is that it can be used to connect other campaign settings together. Have you ever used Planescape and Council of Wyrms together?

We don't have a bespoke forum for HR3 Celts Campaign Sourcebook at The PIazza (yet :twisted: ) but we have a system of forum tags for things that don't yet have forums. The Celts Campaign Sourcebook has the forum tag "[HR3]" and you can use the forum search system to search for all forum topics with HR3 in the title, as long as you are logged in. I only see one post right now, but it is by the designer of HR3, so you might like it. :)

I don't play 5e, but I'll have to check out your maths, when I get a chance. We have a forum member called Jaid who did some maths around ship weapons in Spelljammer and that was a blast.

Coronoides wrote:I am a frequent contributor to RPG Review magazine.

Nice. Maybe we should have individual topics about those. :)

THanks I feel welcome :)
My RPG is Gulliver's Trading Company (set in the world of Gulliver's Travels). I spent years compiling notes and writing it. My group did an 8 month playtest and then I released a free beta and...crickets. Without outside playtesting the project is stuck and has been for years.

I haven't but one day I'll run a planescape grand tour of the planes and spheres which will include outer and inner planes and spheres including CoW, Empire of Petal Throne, Vikings, and Celts.

Will start a few threads in the coming days to cover some of the topics I raised here.

Coronoides
Bugbear

Postby Big Mac » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:28 am

Coronoides wrote:THanks I feel welcome :)
My RPG is Gulliver's Trading Company (set in the world of Gulliver's Travels). I spent years compiling notes and writing it. My group did an 8 month playtest and then I released a free beta and...crickets. Without outside playtesting the project is stuck and has been for years.

I see a page for Gulliver's Trading Company on RPG Geek! I'll have to ask Havard to add you to his Celebrities on The Piazza list. :)

It must be a bit frustrating not getting enough feedback to move forward. I met someone this year who was designing niche RPGs and not getting as much feedback as he wanted. I suppose that, if you have a choice between following the herd and cutting your own path, it must be harder to build an audience.

I've tried to take "the long view" with certain things I've been interested in talking about, and have posted some topics here that might be replied to years later. But that's not so easy if you are trying to maintain a workflow. Perhaps there are some specialist interest groups for Gulliver's Travels, where you can go and talk to fans and see if any of them also like RPGs. Then you might have a "captive market" for a few people and they might make the core of a beta-testing team.

You have online tools, like Roll 20 thesedays. So you could find a few people who live in the same timezone as you and play virtual tabletop versions of your games, if you can find people free the same time as you. :)

Coronoides wrote:I haven't but one day I'll run a planescape grand tour of the planes and spheres which will include outer and inner planes and spheres including CoW, Empire of Petal Throne, Vikings, and Celts.

I'll be interested in any Council of Wyrms topic that involves either Speljammer or Planescape. There is that thing about it being in the past, so that might be a bit tricky to do, if that part of the canon was complied with. (Perhaps Dragon Mountain could be rebooted as a time-travelling mountain that jumps between the ancient CoW era on the CoW world and a modern era on another world.)

There isn't an Empire of Petal Throne forum at The Piazza (yet :twisted: ), but there is a search tag for it, and the other RPGs set on the same world. You can search for "[Tekumel]" topics using the search system (and see if any of the topics that have been posted since 2012 are helpful to you).

Coronoides wrote:Will start a few threads in the coming days to cover some of the topics I raised here.

Great. I'll see you around the forums. :D
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby vitturi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi all, I'm Gianluca from Italy.
I'm a fun of original D&D based on Mystara world, but also other war game like Risk.

My dream id to create a war game based on Mystara.
Somebody heard something?

Thanks!
vitturi
Kobold

Postby Havard » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:27 pm

vitturi wrote:Hi all, I'm Gianluca from Italy.
I'm a fun of original D&D based on Mystara world, but also other war game like Risk.

Hello Gianluca! Welcome to The Piazza!

I will try to comment on your Mystara War Game topic. :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby RolistesPod » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Hello everyone, :D

I am Kalum host of the proudly London-based show The Rolistes Podcast.

I started tabletop RPG with the French edition of West End Games' Star Wars The Roleplaying Game (2nd Ed) and then followed with some French games such as Nephilim and Nightprowler but also mor famous games like Vampire The Masquerade, Legends of the Five Rings and much later later A Song of Ice and Fire.

I also GMed Last Unicorn Games's Star Trek for quite a while. Until recently I was DMing some D&D 4e and I am currently considering having a go at Dungeon World.

Since I moved to London and later started my show I started to engage with the roleplaying community in my dear city and beyond.

I love it and I'm joining The Pizza so I can engage with even more people sharing my passion for The Hobby.

Cheers

:mrgreen:
Host of The Rolistes Podcast, your London-based tabletop RPG podcast.
Proud Member of The RPG Academy Network.
Website / Patreon / ITunes / Stitcher / Podchaser / Podbean / Twitter / Instagram
RolistesPod
Goblin

Postby Havard » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:41 pm

RolistesPod wrote:Hello everyone, :D

Hello Kalum!

I started tabletop RPG with the French edition of West End Games' Star Wars The Roleplaying Game (2nd Ed) and then followed with some French games such as Nephilim and Nightprowler but also mor famous games like Vampire The Masquerade, Legends of the Five Rings and much later later A Song of Ice and Fire.

Great to see another fan of WEG's Star Wars. There are quite a few of us over in the Piazza's Star Wars forum. I have played Chaosium's English translation of Nephilim (talking about it here), but I keep hearing that the French version is a lot better? I never heard of Nightprowler. I have dabbled in Vampire and L5R and have played SOIFRP quite a bit, although we played in a homebrew setting instead of in Westeros.

Hope to chat more with you about these and the other games you mention!

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby RolistesPod » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Code: Select all
Hello Kalum!

I have played Chaosium's English translation of Nephilim (talking about it here), but I keep hearing that the French version is a lot better?

Well if you want to find out more, I made several episodes about it mixing discussions about the game with Actual Play. I'm quite proud of the result.
https://rolistespod.com/2017/04/02/episode-20-part-1-nephilim-with-mira-willem-rob/

I never heard of Nightprowler.

I plan to make an episode or two about this game some day but it might not be before a while. Nightprowler is an urban low-fantasy medieval (late renaissanc efor the second edition) where you strictly play roguish types.

I have dabbled in Vampire and L5R and have played SOIFRP quite a bit, although we played in a homebrew setting instead of in Westeros.

I got back recently into SOIFRP. Been waiting for almost two years for a spot at a table I had heard of. I'd like to try that system for a Roman Republic inspired (or straight historic) campaign inspired by the Death Throes of the Republic episodes of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History.
Host of The Rolistes Podcast, your London-based tabletop RPG podcast.
Proud Member of The RPG Academy Network.
Website / Patreon / ITunes / Stitcher / Podchaser / Podbean / Twitter / Instagram
RolistesPod
Goblin

Postby Big Mac » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:59 pm

vitturi wrote:Hi all, I'm Gianluca from Italy.

Thanks!

Hi Vitturi/Gianluca! Welcome to The Piazza.

We certainly see a lot of Mystara fans from down there. I think they have a special convention for Italian D&D fans. I think they invited Frank Mentzer down there a few years back. Do you ever do any conventions?

I saw your War Game on Mystara topic, in the Mystara forum, so I will reply over there. I hope you get a lot of useful replies.

You might not be able to make a commercial game for Mystara, but there is an official fansite called Vaults of Pandius. If you can design a free war game, based on Mystara, they might be able to distribute it for you as a download. There is also a Mystara fanzine, called Threshold Magazine. They might like to run a game as an article, in a future edition. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:43 am

RolistesPod wrote:Hello everyone, :D

Hello RolistesPod/Kalum. Welcome to The Piazza!

It's great to have another London-based roleplayer on the forums. The Piazza is open to anyone anywhere in the world, but the founder (Ashtagon) lives near London and we have had several "birthday parties" around the anniversary of the date she opened the forums. You would be most welcome to come along to the next birthday. :)

I've seen your Le Drinks & DIce events mentioned by a few different people on Facebook. I'll have to try to get to one, at some point.

RolistesPod wrote:I started tabletop RPG with the French edition of West End Games' Star Wars The Roleplaying Game (2nd Ed) and then followed with some French games such as Nephilim and Nightprowler but also mor famous games like Vampire The Masquerade, Legends of the Five Rings and much later later A Song of Ice and Fire.

I also GMed Last Unicorn Games's Star Trek for quite a while. Until recently I was DMing some D&D 4e and I am currently considering having a go at Dungeon World.

Back when West End Games were making that Star Wars stuff, I used to think that it was called West End Games, because it was based in the West End of London. :oops: :lol:

Have you ever had any dealings with the French Spelljammer community or the fans of the RPG stuff and board-game stuff build around Black Moon Chronicles?

RolistesPod wrote:Since I moved to London and later started my show I started to engage with the roleplaying community in my dear city and beyond.

I love it and I'm joining The Pizza so I can engage with even more people sharing my passion for The Hobby.

I hope you get to meet lots of people who like campaign settings or rules systems that you are interested in. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby jimflory » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Hello all! My name is Jim Flory (Hiiiiii Jiiiiim!). I've been playing D&D, in one form or another, for 37 years now. I still haven't won. ;)
Primarily, in whatever groups I've played with, I end up being the DM. I enjoy it. My Players (usually) enjoy it. So, it works out.
I've done a bit of time on the Player side as well, and I do enjoy the break and change in perspective.
I've spent some very long phases being into other games such as Palladium Fantasy, Rifts, the old World of Darkness games. I even ran Vampire LARPs as my primary job for a few years.
These days, I balance grown-up life *shudder* with my D&D fixes by running a weekly game.
Currently, we're playing a campaign set in Eberron.

And...that's about all that comes to mind atm.

Good to be here :)
jimflory
Goblin

Postby Big Mac » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:34 am

jimflory wrote:Hello all! My name is Jim Flory (Hiiiiii Jiiiiim!). I've been playing D&D, in one form or another, for 37 years now. I still haven't won. ;)
Primarily, in whatever groups I've played with, I end up being the DM. I enjoy it. My Players (usually) enjoy it. So, it works out.
I've done a bit of time on the Player side as well, and I do enjoy the break and change in perspective.
I've spent some very long phases being into other games such as Palladium Fantasy, Rifts, the old World of Darkness games. I even ran Vampire LARPs as my primary job for a few years.

Hiiiiiiiiii Jiiiiiiim!

If you want to talk about any RPGs you like that don't have bespoke forums here (yet) you can use Other Worlds for campaign settings or The Crunchy Bits for rules systems.

I took a break from D&D and did LARP for a while instead. I didn't get paid to do it though. How did you swing that? :)

jimflory wrote:These days, I balance grown-up life *shudder* with my D&D fixes by running a weekly game.
Currently, we're playing a campaign set in Eberron.

And...that's about all that comes to mind atm.

Good to be here :)

It's great to have you here. I hope your Eberron game goes well.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:14 am

Welcome to The Piazza, Jim! :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to The Philosopher's Stone