Introduce yourself here

Welcome area for new members. With subforums for off-topic discussion, gamers seeking gamers and play by post gaming.
Hugin
Messenger of Odin

Re: Introduce yourself here

Post by Hugin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Welcome to The Piazza, Max and Zac!

I hope you both have a look around and find some topics of interest to you.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:09 am

topramesk wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:28 pm
Hi, I'm Max!
I saw the open invitation on G+ and, I thought: "why not?", and here I am!
I play a bit of everything, but more often than not is either d&d or some iteration of rolemaster.

See you!
Lots of D&D stuff here for all 'iterations'. I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting stuff.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:12 pm

Greetings, Max & Zac. It's great to have you here on the forums!
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

Scumdog47
Goblin

Post by Scumdog47 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:22 am

Hello.
Daniel, from Sweden here.
:)
D&D-player since 1982 thanks to my oldest sister.
Been playing RPGs ever since and no intention of letting up. :)

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Welcome, Daniel-san!

Last edited by Angel Tarragon on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scumdog47
Goblin

Post by Scumdog47 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:25 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:46 pm
Welcome, Daniel-san!
Domo arigato, as they say. :D

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:56 am

Welcome Daniel. If you fondly remember the many campaign settings from the 80’s AD&D era then there is lots of stuff for you here. If you love 5e or non-D&D games now you will find conversions to 5e and material of interest here too.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Scumdog47
Goblin

Post by Scumdog47 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:35 pm

Coronoides wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:56 am
Welcome Daniel. If you fondly remember the many campaign settings from the 80’s AD&D era then there is lots of stuff for you here. If you love 5e or non-D&D games now you will find conversions to 5e and material of interest here too.
Much obliged!
Over the years I have shoe-horned in a lot of old Mystara stuff in my campaigns and it's good to see that world alive and well, online. :)
From what I've seen already, this forum looks like a wellspring of inspiration.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Scumdog47 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:35 pm
Much obliged!
Over the years I have shoe-horned in a lot of old Mystara stuff in my campaigns and it's good to see that world alive and well, online. :)
A visit to the Vaults of Pandius is a lot like sipping from the fire hose..... :lol:
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Scumdog47
Goblin

Post by Scumdog47 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:53 am

RobJN wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:02 pm
Scumdog47 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:35 pm
Much obliged!
A visit to the Vaults of Pandius is a lot like sipping from the fire hose..... :lol:
Cheers and bottoms up!

Lancer_021
Goblin

Post by Lancer_021 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi guys!

I'm Matvey, 29 from Russia, I've recently discovered role playing via some airsoft friends who play D&D as well, and they invited me to a game. I've tried it as well as some LARP and I'm now hooked! I could have joined a Russian forum, but I need to practice English, and I may have to go to the UK for periods of 2 to 6 months regularily because of my job. So, here I am! I'm a complete newbie, but I learn fast and I've got "lessons" IRL on the weekends.

See you iin the forums!

Kythkyn
Resident Catgirl

Post by Kythkyn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Здравствуйте! Welcome to the forum Lancer_021!
Gaming Blog | Twitter | Discord
MAYBE YOU RUIN CHOCOLATE!

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Lancer_021 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 pm
Hi guys!

I'm Matvey, 29 from Russia, I've recently discovered role playing via some airsoft friends who play D&D as well, and they invited me to a game. I've tried it as well as some LARP and I'm now hooked! I could have joined a Russian forum, but I need to practice English, and I may have to go to the UK for periods of 2 to 6 months regularily because of my job. So, here I am! I'm a complete newbie, but I learn fast and I've got "lessons" IRL on the weekends.

See you iin the forums!
Hello Matvey! Welcome to The Piazza! One thing I really like about this place is how we have members from all over the world coming together to talk about our common hobby and passion :)

Hope you like it here!

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 am

Welcome, Matvey. It's great to have you join us. I think you'll find that this is a friendly group. I look forward to chatting with you in the various topic threads!

Lancer_021
Goblin

Post by Lancer_021 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks to everyone! That's one of the reasons why I liked my first D&D games: the community's quite welcoming to newbies!

raineym
Kobold

Post by raineym » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am

Alrighty. I'll try this.

Been playing RPGs since '86, starting with Champions 3rd edition. Was introduced to D&D by my brother and his friends in '88. Have played every incarnation of it, even Chainmail, at least once. In the years since, I have played over 100 different systems, from commercially-available ones to homebrews.

Currently my regular group is on hiatus for the holidays. When we pick back up I'll start my turn in the GM chair again after a 4 year layoff to run a 13th Age campaign set in the Diablo game universe.

Helm
Orc

Post by Helm » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:40 pm

Hello Everybody!

Long time lurker de-lurking ...
Found out that i had an account since 2015 but been hiding in shadows (98%) for longer.
I'm Coen from The Netherlands, 42 years old and a long time BECMI player (since 1988).
I almost Always DM and currently i'm running a Mystara campaign (wich i will be describing in the Mystara corner of this forum if people like that?).
On Facebook, i'm a member of Mystara Reborn and BECMI and i'm friends with Havard there (Hello Havard) and talk to the people there sometimes.

In the past i've played 2nd ed. AD&D (Dark Sun) and i collect BECMI/Mystara and Dark Sun (BECMI/Mystara quite some omissions and Dark Sun nearly complete).

Edit: i've LARPed a few times too, quite liked it. And i play miniature wargames too.

More questions? :D

Kythkyn
Resident Catgirl

Post by Kythkyn » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Welcome (back(ish?)) Helm!
Gaming Blog | Twitter | Discord
MAYBE YOU RUIN CHOCOLATE!

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Welcome, Helm!
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:12 pm

raineym wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am
Alrighty. I'll try this.

Been playing RPGs since '86, starting with Champions 3rd edition. Was introduced to D&D by my brother and his friends in '88. Have played every incarnation of it, even Chainmail, at least once. In the years since, I have played over 100 different systems, from commercially-available ones to homebrews.

Currently my regular group is on hiatus for the holidays. When we pick back up I'll start my turn in the GM chair again after a 4 year layoff to run a 13th Age campaign set in the Diablo game universe.
Hello Rainem!
I am impressed that you had to get started with Champions and didn't give up! :D I think we only managed 2 sessions and we had played D&D for a while before we gave it a go :)

We have several threads here about Diablo, including this one. It would be interesting to hear your experiences, even more so since you are using 13thAge for the setting.

Hope you will like it here at The Piazza :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Helm wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:40 pm
Hello Everybody!

Long time lurker de-lurking ...
Found out that i had an account since 2015 but been hiding in shadows (98%) for longer.
I'm Coen from The Netherlands, 42 years old and a long time BECMI player (since 1988).
I almost Always DM and currently i'm running a Mystara campaign (wich i will be describing in the Mystara corner of this forum if people like that?).
On Facebook, i'm a member of Mystara Reborn and BECMI and i'm friends with Havard there (Hello Havard) and talk to the people there sometimes.

In the past i've played 2nd ed. AD&D (Dark Sun) and i collect BECMI/Mystara and Dark Sun (BECMI/Mystara quite some omissions and Dark Sun nearly complete).

Edit: i've LARPed a few times too, quite liked it. And i play miniature wargames too.

More questions? :D
Hello Coen!

Good to see you posting here! :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

BlackBat242
Dire Haggis
Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Post by BlackBat242 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:28 am

Havard wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:12 pm
raineym wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am
Alrighty. I'll try this.

Been playing RPGs since '86, starting with Champions 3rd edition. Was introduced to D&D by my brother and his friends in '88.
Hello Rainem!
I am impressed that you had to get started with Champions and didn't give up! :D I think we only managed 2 sessions and we had played D&D for a while before we gave it a go :)

-Havard
Nothing wrong with Champions!
I started in AD&D in late 1982 - in early 194 was introduced to Champions (2E), along with the rest of my AD&D group - we played a lot of games/sessions over the next year, as we were all USMC aircraft maintenance techs we were all pretty math-savvy, so the point-buy etc was easy. It ran smoothly, and in one game we somehow ended up with both the heroes (and their "agent"* allies) and the villains (and their "agent"* allies) in 3 relays - 1 fighting, 1 unconscious, 1 conscious and recovering. This went on for around 20 combat turns - until the local SWAT teams and a National Guard combat team that had been training nearby arrived - whereby both groups disengaged and left the scene.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:57 pm

BlackBat242 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:28 am
Nothing wrong with Champions!
I started in AD&D in late 1982 - in early 194 was introduced to Champions (2E), along with the rest of my AD&D group - we played a lot of games/sessions over the next year, as we were all USMC aircraft maintenance techs we were all pretty math-savvy, so the point-buy etc was easy. It ran smoothly, and in one game we somehow ended up with both the heroes (and their "agent"* allies) and the villains (and their "agent"* allies) in 3 relays - 1 fighting, 1 unconscious, 1 conscious and recovering. This went on for around 20 combat turns - until the local SWAT teams and a National Guard combat team that had been training nearby arrived - whereby both groups disengaged and left the scene.
Sorry, didn't mean to be that hard on Champions. What I meant to say was that I think it can be a tough game for newbies to handle. We spent an entire day creating characters before we got to the first session. My character was called The Turtle, and was a cross between a Ninja Turtle and Iron Man. I wish we had played this for more sessions than we did, but superheroes was generally not the most popular genre with my group (the exceptions were myself and the guy who GMed Champions) and the rules were too fiddly for many of the players. But I recently bought a copy of the rules, mainly for nostalgia purposes. I've tried to buy the core rules of all the games we played back in the days.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Kobold

Post by 1970 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:47 am

Hello all and Merry Whatever You Celebrate! :D

I found The Piazza years ago when looking for Talislanta forums. I've been lurking off and on since then until finally deciding to join.

I started gaming in '87 with the D&D Red Box and have had an addiction for RPGs ever since. I live in a painfully rural area of the United States, so recently I've had to scratch my gaming itch with solo play, using oracles and story cubes and anything else I can think of. It's been slow going, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Right now I'm most interested in B/X D&D, Second Edition AD&D, 3.5 D&D, and maybe 5th Edition D&D. Like I said, I'm still getting my feet wet as far as solo play is concerned, so I'm trying to stick with what I know or can pick up fairly quickly.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope to participate more when I have some stories to tell (I like sharing play reports when I have them).

Take care.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:54 am

Welcome to The Piazza, 1970! :)

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “The Philosopher's Stone”