Introduce yourself here

Welcome area for new members. With subforums for off-topic discussion, gamers seeking gamers and play by post gaming.
rredmond
Bugbear

Re: Introduce yourself here

Post by rredmond »

Roll20 is a great place to play!
Welcome Aran! Good for you to be out of the lurk-o-sphere. :D
Be well,
--Ron--

talsine
Priest of Syrinx

Post by talsine »

Aran wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:58 pm
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time lurker here, but as I haven't been able to play D&D in a long time I haven't really spoken up. I started with BD&D in '84 and played through 2e along with several other games from that era. Since then I've only rarely been able to play regularly until recently. Some friends and I have discovered Roll20 and we've been playing almost a year now, first with 2e and just started a 5e game.
Jealous and glad to hear that you were able to reconnect with old friends like that. I've had some very bad luck with stuff like that. Regardless, welcome, everyone here is friendly and there is a lot of knowledge to be borrowed if you just ask.

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

Hello,
My name is Fabiano. I am from Brasil and a long time player ever since the beginning of the second edition.
For a long time I have been a lurker, now actively part of the community.
At the moment, I joined in on the play by post by Rob.
Have great game sessions all of you.
Best regards.
Fabiano

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Eutrapelico wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:38 pm
Hello,
My name is Fabiano. I am from Brasil and a long time player ever since the beginning of the second edition.
For a long time I have been a lurker, now actively part of the community.
At the moment, I joined in on the play by post by Rob.
Have great game sessions all of you.
Best regards.
Fabiano
Hello Fabiano! congrats on your delurking! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

Havard wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:28 pm

-Havard
Thank you, Havard! It makes this the second platform I have contacted you now. haha
At some point maybe you will feel like being the dungeon master for a game so I can join in.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Eutrapelico wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:42 pm
Havard wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:28 pm

-Havard
Thank you, Havard! It makes this the second platform I have contacted you now. haha
At some point maybe you will feel like being the dungeon master for a game so I can join in.
Yes, when is that third chapter of the Vales campaign ever going to begin....? :mrgreen:
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

rredmond
Bugbear

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Fabiano! Havard is a good friend to have anywhere on the web! :D
I love PbP gaming, so I'm glad you are enjoying that style of game.
Be well,
--Ron--

Tamara
Goblin

Post by Tamara »

Hi
Right now parking in Thunder Rift
I have been playing D&D for the past 30 some years. The first many years mostly with kids but at the 'young' age of 50 I became a member of a D&D youth club in Copenhagen Denmark and there I had my first adult players.
Lots of fun and many great stories, and with rotating DMs especially for my own characters.
Today I DM 3 adult D&D groups and am one of 5 rotating DMs in a fourth group (all groups play every 2 weeks) all very adults and some of them I have played with steadily the past 25 years.
I play primarily 3.5 and PF1 for some rules changings but take my stories from all systems although mostly D&D.
I have been running an Egyptian style world these past 25 years and my players have been introduced to hieroglyphs and as much real life ancient Egypt as fitted in a role-playing game (so much that one of my players visiting a museum could both read some of the hieroglyphs and knew who the gods were without looking at the text).
I like high magic power play and that is reflected in all my games and in many of the changes I have made to classes and rules (I have a 15 page House Rule section) but 3 months ago I decided to try something new.
I am in the lucky position to have some of the scenarios to Thunder Rift in dead wood and have been able to buy many of the rest as pdfs.
I coerced one of my groups, 3 guys of which 2 are my gran nephews, to put down their half divine characters to start a level 0 in Zanzer Tem's dungeon and talked one of my other groups into doing the same (it cuts down on my work that two groups, who will never meet, run the same story and no the story will never be quite the same).
I spent a month here going through all the materials found under Thunder Rift and I cannot express my gratitude and my admiration in words to the people who spent sooooo much time discussing, arranging and sharing their work and their thoughts.
None named, none forgotten.
Tamara

PS. In case you wonder where I get the time. I'm 72, retired and apart from some health problems kept at bay with medication I keep my brain going with roleplaying :)

rredmond
Bugbear

Post by rredmond »

Rock on Tamara and welcome!
--Ron--

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Tamara wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:52 pm
Hi
Right now parking in Thunder Rift
I have been playing D&D for the past 30 some years.
Velkommen! :)

-Håvard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

VoidfarerNick
Kobold

Post by VoidfarerNick »

Hi there! My name is Nick. I have been playing and Dungeon Mastering for nearly 10 years now. Starting with D&D 3.5, through Pathfinder, and now primarily 5e.

Most recently I am DMing a D&D 5th Edition game inspired by Spelljammer for the podcast called Tales of the Voidfarer. Our entire first chapter, five episodes, is available to listen to now! I have officially fallen in love with the Spelljammer setting and I am having a blast pulling inspiration from all the delightful weirdness of the setting. I have also made sure to toss in elements of Eberron and Planescape for good measure, as well!

So, it goes without saying I will be spending most of my time over in the Spelljammer boards. Hope to see you there! :)
Host and Dungeon Master of Tales of the Voidfarer, a new Spelljammer-inspired D&D 5e Actual Play Podcast. Listen now here!
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram

rredmond
Bugbear

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Nick!
Good to see you here, thanks for the podcast link!
Be well!

Karma_geddon
Goblin

Post by Karma_geddon »

Hey all! Nice to be here. :)

My name is Paolo (Karma_Geddon as a nickname).

I'm from Italy and I've been playing rpgs since I was 14, having a blast since them and I hope to never stop.
My very first experience was with AD&D in the rpg club of my high school, I went immediately crazy with it (like "being my only topic of conversation with every person I meet, ever" crazy) and I started a campaign with some friends weeks after, and some of them are still great people that are part of my life.
We went to see the first Lord of the rings movie with a brand new 3.0 DM's guide on my lap. It was a great time.

"We'll rotate the DMing", they said. 18 years later, I'm still the DM. :lol: But for the most I've been having a great time GMing. I played mosly 3.0 and 3.5, but I hope to manage to move to 5th ed. soon.

After my first big campaign broke apart after 7 years of game, I decided to drop traditional rpgs. Then, for some years I've been a great fan of indie rpgs and the creations that revolved around the "The Forge" community, I also did a little bit of game design. I learned a lot of useful, sometimes critical things with indie rpgs and the theories behind them, that are being extremely useful tools to me with traditional rpgs even nowadays. I still play to some masterpieces like Dogs in the vineyard, Primetime adventures or the Solar system, when I have a chance.

Then, after some years, I eventually went back to traditional rpgs, first Dungeonslayers, then D&D 3.5 again: to make it short, I missed the dungeon, and the "D&D feel" in general. There is "something" in D&D games, that I really cannot find anywhere else (I still have to understand exactly what it is).
Now, my new campaign has been rolling for the last... 6 years, I think? Damn, time goes fast. Life and adulthood is catching up on us, but we are doing our best to play as regular and possible, and actually the game is a great centripete force to keep people together.

Why I'm here? Well... About one year ago, while I was researching some lore for my campaign in the 3.5 Lord of madness book, I read that "Neogi comes from space".
"What? WotC, are you f-ing kidding me?", I thought. Some hours and many google researches after, I discovered Spelljammer and my mind was blown as a supernova... So now, I'm trying to slowly, gently introduce SJ to my homebrew campaign.

In the meanwhile, link after link, wiki after wiki, I discovered The Piazza while I was following the bread crumbs about Nerik's flow map (by the way, if you are reading me: GREAT JOB!!!). The community here seems polite and constructive, not like many other boards that I lurked from time to time, where everybody seems like is looking for excuses to diminish others for the whole time. This seems like a place that I can enjoy be a part of.

So, I'm here mostly for Spelljammer for now, but who knows... I do realize that here there are many, many people the have much more experience and much more knowledge in the field then me, and I'm blissfully enjoying every chance to learn whatever I can, thread after thread. Every time I open a new thread, is gold. So, I decided to join and here I am. :)

Looking forward to share cool stuff, see you on the boards :)
-Paolo / Karma_geddon
My story in my introducing post: here
Me on facebook - if you want to add me, PM me on Messenger first so I know where you come from ;)

rredmond
Bugbear

Post by rredmond »

Interesting introduction Paolo!
Welcome, I'm sure you'll enjoy interacting with the folks here.
Be well,
--Ron--

Karma_geddon
Goblin

Post by Karma_geddon »

Thank you Ron! I'm sure I will :)
My story in my introducing post: here
Me on facebook - if you want to add me, PM me on Messenger first so I know where you come from ;)

Doc Necrotic
Bugbear

Post by Doc Necrotic »

Heya, the name's Brian. Long time lurker, first time poster. Many might know me by my web alias of Doctor Necrotic (the blogger, not the former alias of an industrial musician from NY).

I've been playing since 2nd Edition. Back then, I was casually messing around with things and playing loosely, as many attention deficit kids did. However, setting was something that always interested me. The grit and classic adventure of Greyhawk, the cosmic and ideological realms of Planescape, the gothic prison hell of Ravenloft, the Dune meets Mad Max of Dark Sun, etc. I've played everything that came since, a lot of what came before too. I've found myself bouncing to a number of other games, but D&D is a favorite of sorts that I find myself coming back to.

Besides that, I like to blog. Daemons & Deathrays is my primary project. Now mainly a 5e blog, I like converting classic content or giving my own spin on different takes on the game (ranging from horror to science-fantasy). Sometimes, I also make my own take on classic and modern settings through the lens of various characters I've played over the years.
Follow my delves into madness via the Daemons & Deathrays blog!

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

Welcome to the Piazza, Brian. I also got started with D&D during the 2e era, and loved the imaginative campaign settings. I'll check out your blog shortly. It's good to have you join us!

rredmond
Bugbear

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Brian!
Dig the blog. Ever do any adventures with your interesting gonzo spin? Oh and where in Jersey? North? South?

Doc Necrotic
Bugbear

Post by Doc Necrotic »

rredmond wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:50 am
Welcome Brian!
Dig the blog. Ever do any adventures with your interesting gonzo spin? Oh and where in Jersey? North? South?
I certainly try to inject weird into adventurers. Also, I've been in the North part of Jersey and the "Mythic" Center!
Follow my delves into madness via the Daemons & Deathrays blog!

rredmond
Bugbear

Post by rredmond »

Being a transplant to South Jersey almost twenty years ago, I learned that the Center doesn't exist :) But honestly I think the North doesn't exist for some of my neighbors either. You are either the part of Jersey that's a suburb of Philly or the part that's a suburb of NYC, there is no in between. :lol:

Welcome again! I used to work in Mercer County and have overseen programs in Hunterdon and Middlesex counties, but nothing really north of there.

Parzival
Gnoll

Post by Parzival »

Hello, all. I am Parzival (and have been since 1990, so no, I didn’t copy Ready Player One— it copied me!).

I started playing with the Holmes Blue Book back in 1980, quickly switched to Advanced D&D (because its was “advanced—“ it said so!), and then discovered the Mentzer BECMI boxed sets in 1989. The simpler and more free-form style of play appealed to me, and it’s been my favorite edition ever since. I found the exceptional Gazetteer supplements at the same time, eventually collecting all of them. Unfortunately, I also discovered BECMI around the same time that life changes (graduation, marriage, full-time employment) took me away from role playing. Now I have the advantage of more free time and I’m looking to get back going again— and BECMI is my goto game. (I have been doing some 5e gaming, but there are many things I don’t like about the current edition.)
I look forward to chatting with everyone here about D&D and the Known World (as I knew it back then).
DM’s Rule: The best answer is the one that’s the most fun, or horrifies your players. Which is the same thing. :cool:

rredmond
Bugbear

Post by rredmond »

Hey Parzival, I know that user name from another board or two. :)
Enjoy the Piazza! Welcome!!
Be well,
--Ron--

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Parzival wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:11 am
Hello, all. I am Parzival (and have been since 1990, so no, I didn’t copy Ready Player One— it copied me!).

I started playing with the Holmes Blue Book back in 1980, quickly switched to Advanced D&D (because its was “advanced—“ it said so!), and then discovered the Mentzer BECMI boxed sets in 1989. The simpler and more free-form style of play appealed to me, and it’s been my favorite edition ever since. I found the exceptional Gazetteer supplements at the same time, eventually collecting all of them. Unfortunately, I also discovered BECMI around the same time that life changes (graduation, marriage, full-time employment) took me away from role playing. Now I have the advantage of more free time and I’m looking to get back going again— and BECMI is my goto game. (I have been doing some 5e gaming, but there are many things I don’t like about the current edition.)
I look forward to chatting with everyone here about D&D and the Known World (as I knew it back then).
Welcome to the boards Parzival! :)

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

Aran wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:58 pm
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time lurker here, but as I haven't been able to play D&D in a long time I haven't really spoken up. I started with BD&D in '84 and played through 2e along with several other games from that era. Since then I've only rarely been able to play regularly until recently. Some friends and I have discovered Roll20 and we've been playing almost a year now, first with 2e and just started a 5e game.
Welcome. 2e and 5e are my two favourite editions
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

Parzival wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:11 am

Welcome Parzival! I am just now starting to get into BECMI and getting acquainted with it and Mystara. I actually bit my gaming teeth on AD&D 1E back in 1989, quickly discovered 2E and migrated to 3E when it came out. I'm not too keen on 5E. I'd have to say that 3E is my fave of the bunch, and subsequently Pathinder.

Return to “The Philosopher's Stone”