Celebrities on The Piazza

Welcome area for new members. With subforums for off-topic discussion, gamers seeking gamers and play by post gaming.

Re: Celebrities on The Piazza

Postby Seer of Yhog » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Advanced Adventures is a sandbox (no specific world - in fact, the publishers don't encourage anything world specific), and my two adventures are not linked. That being said, I do have conversion notes to help a DM set them on Mystara.
Moderator for Mystara. My moderator voice is heliotrope.

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby Havard » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Added to the list:

Brett M. Bernstein (brettmb) of Precis Intermedia, publishers of MasterBook, Shatterzone, Bloodshadows, Lord of Olympus and various other games.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:13 pm

Got another celebrity for your list Havard.

Deborah Teramis Christian (Teramis) worked under the name Deborah Christian for TSR (but now goes by Teramis). She worked on Kara-Tur and Dragonlance fantasy campaign settings. She also worked on Tales of the Outer Planes (the sequel to Manual of the Planes that was published before Planescape was created) a host of generic fantasy products and Top Secret. Talking of "top secret" she also worked under another name (Terry Randall) for Mayfair Games (where, among other things, she worked on City-State of the Invincible Overlord). Teramis has also worked for West End Games (on Star Wars), Palladium Press (on Battletech), Flying Buffolo Press (on the Citybook range) and more. As well as that, she has a fictional oriental world, called Qua-lun that is tied into a far-future sci-fi empire, called The Sa'adani Empire, for her novels, and both these exist as unpublished RPG campaign settings. (She has been discussing her free Quq-lun novel in this thread.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Is it ok to mention ourselves? I am certainly not up to the illustrious capabilities of most on this list but I do have a few credits to my name. I've written for Adventure a Week, Paradigm Concepts (both for their Witch Hunter Revelations line and a forthcoming Rotted Capes campaign), Melior Via (an unreleased, as yet, adventure world), Margaret Weis Productions (on both their Serenity and Supernatural lines), and Catalyst Game Labs (all from their Shadowrun line).
"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Orc

Postby Big Mac » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Is it ok to mention ourselves?

Sure it is. But Havard might have trouble working out who you are from your forum name. :)

Black Jack Rackham wrote:I am certainly not up to the illustrious capabilities of most on this list but I do have a few credits to my name. I've written for Adventure a Week, Paradigm Concepts (both for their Witch Hunter Revelations line and a forthcoming Rotted Capes campaign), Melior Via (an unreleased, as yet, adventure world), Margaret Weis Productions (on both their Serenity and Supernatural lines), and Catalyst Game Labs (all from their Shadowrun line).

Do you have a blog or webpage where you talk about the stuff you have written? If you do, you might want to add a link to your signature, so that people can find it.

Also, if you have any new stuff that comes out, there is an "industry news" forum at The Piazza (called The Wishing Well) where you can post threads about new products (without it being viewed as spam).
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Black Jack Rackham wrote:Is it ok to mention ourselves?

Sure it is. But Havard might have trouble working out who you are from your forum name. :)

Whoops, sorry bout that. I'm Mark Edwards

Big Mac wrote:Do you have a blog or webpage where you talk about the stuff you have written? If you do, you might want to add a link to your signature, so that people can find it.

I don't currently, but I will here real soon. I'll make sure to post it once I get it up and running.

Big Mac wrote:Also, if you have any new stuff that comes out, there is an "industry news" forum at The Piazza (called The Wishing Well) where you can post threads about new products (without it being viewed as spam).

Will do.
"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Orc

Postby Havard » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Mark Edwards ( Black Jack Rackham ) and Deborah Teramis Christian (Teramis) added to the list. Welcome to The Piazza both of you! :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby dulsi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:55 am

Big Mac wrote:Deborah Teramis Christian ... Palladium Press (on Battletech) ...

Robotech not Battletech. Although Battletech did use the Robotech mechs without license when it came out.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage
dulsi
Storm Giant

Postby nerik » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:35 am

dulsi wrote:

Robotech not Battletech. Although Battletech did use the Robotech mechs without license when it came out.

Technically they are the Macros mechs - and embroiled in a major IP rights squabbles. :ugeek:
nerik
Bionoid

Postby RobJN » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:15 am

nerik wrote:
dulsi wrote:

Technically they are the Macros mechs - and embroiled in a major IP rights squabbles. :ugeek:

Thank you, Harmony Gold
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Postby Seer of Yhog » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Update - my next module has now been released by Expeditious Retreat Press. Here is the link!

http://josephbrowning.blogspot.ca/2013/ ... ising.html

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby Chimpman » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Seer of Yhog wrote:Update - my next module has now been released by Expeditious Retreat Press. Here is the link!

http://josephbrowning.blogspot.ca/2013/ ... ising.html

Love it (at least the blurb)! I'll be downloading this shortly!
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.
Chimpman
Hadozee

Postby Seer of Yhog » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Awesome!

My Blog is here!
Seer of Yhog
Black Dragon

Postby Sock Puppet » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:36 pm

nerik wrote:
dulsi wrote:

I am now imagining a campaign setting in which IP rights are enforced by giant humanoid 'mechs instead of lawyers.
I am Ashtagon's sock puppet account.
Sock Puppet
Troll

Postby BlackBat242 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:48 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode
BlackBat242
Dire Haggis

Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Postby RobJN » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:49 am

Sock Puppet wrote:
nerik wrote:
dulsi wrote:

I am now imagining a campaign setting in which IP rights are enforced by giant humanoid 'mechs instead of lawyers.

So, in TSR's heyday, they'd have done a Macross Missile Massacre of C&Ds? :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Postby Michael Tumey » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm pretty new and small time, but as mentioned on other posts I was a contributing author for the Paizo Publishing Jade Regent AP, The Empty Throne module, as well as having created the original city of Kasai map for that as well.

I co-published, Assassin's Amulet, a guide to 3x/PF assassins with Johnn Four of Roleplayingtips.com

The Kaidan setting of Japanese horror (PFRPG) is my published setting as an imprint under Rite Publishing. Although as an author, my only product where I did everything, except editing is Haiku of Horror: Autumn Moon Bath House, however, I did concept creation, some design, created the basic outline and all maps for the following Kaidan product releases: Curse of the Golden Spear (mini-arc of 3 modules); one-shot modules: Frozen Wind, Up from Darkness, and Tolling of Tears; 3 racial supplements: In the Company of Kappa, In the Company of Henge, In the Company of Tengu; 2 class/faction supplements: Way of the Samurai and Way of the Yakuza; and a haunts guide: #30 Haunts for Kaidan.

There's a few other smaller writing credits I will soon have for other small publishers creating oriental content, and describing how these designs can be applied for use in Kaidan.

Otherwise, I've created published maps for Iron Crown Enterprises, Paizo Publishing, Rite Publishing, Conflict RPG, Mythic Games, Dog House Rulez and many smaller publishers.

So perhaps, I can be added to the list of 'celebrities', though I barely qualify.
Michael Tumey
Bugbear

Postby Havard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:41 pm

Hello again Michael! I've added you to the list :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:49 pm

Michael Tumey wrote:So perhaps, I can be added to the list of 'celebrities', though I barely qualify.

There are some very well known D&D professionals at The Piazza. The Piazza got set up to replace a small number of forums for out of print D&D campaign settings, and rapidly expanded to support more and more smaller campaign settings (and even rules systems) that were outside of its original remit. And there are a lot of non-TSR/non-WotC forums here now. So it is great that people associated with other RPG projects have signed up here too.

With The Piazza expanding to welcome fans of any and every campaign setting, I'm pretty sure Havard has the same attitude to the people he adds onto his list. If some Kaidan fans (or fans of other things you worked on) turn up to The Piazza, I'm sure they will be delighted to see your name in his list.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:46 pm

Mark CMG is a designer from Creative Mountain Games.

Added to the list. Let me know if the description is inaccurate. :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby rredmond » Mon May 05, 2014 11:36 am

Mark is good people!
Hey I love this list. I know a couple of these folks and gamed with at least one, Teramis!

Thanks Big Mac for the link!!

--Ron--
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Filling in the Gaps for Old School Gamers
rredmond
Gnoll

Postby Big Mac » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:39 am

Robert Adducci (Raddu) is the founder of the official Dark Sun website: The Burnt World of Athas and the Community Manager for the D&D Adventurers League (the 5th Edition Organised Play program run by Wizards of the Coast).
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:13 am

Big Mac wrote:Robert Adducci (Raddu) is the founder of the official Dark Sun website: The Burnt World of Athas and the Community Manager for the D&D Adventurers League (the 5th Edition Organised Play program run by Wizards of the Coast).

Added to the list. Thanks! :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Robert Bledsaw III (rbledsaw3) is the grandson of Wilderlands creator Robert Bledsaw, and is working on Judges Guild's new Wilderlands products. He posts in the Wilderlands Forum.
Chris Bernhardt (chrisbernhardt) is a designer who wrote for several d20 System Wilderlands products. His current company Bernhardt Publishing LLC published City State of the Sea Kings.

I've also seen Robert Bledsaw II on the Facebook group for The Piazza. Do you know if he has an account on the forum yet?
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:47 pm

George Fields (George.Fields) wrote Legacy of the Elm King for HackMaster (Kingdoms of Kalamar).
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

PreviousNext

Return to The Philosopher's Stone