Celebrities on The Piazza

Welcome area for new members. With subforums for off-topic discussion, gamers seeking gamers and play by post gaming.
chatdemon
Hobgoblin

Re: Celebrities on The Piazza

Post by chatdemon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:59 pm

Havard wrote: Do we have other celebrities on this forum that I forgot about?
Can I nominate myself? :lol:

I'm a legend in my own world!

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:56 pm

chatdemon wrote:
Havard wrote: Do we have other celebrities on this forum that I forgot about?
Can I nominate myself? :lol:

I'm a legend in my own world!

LoL,
you're a legend in my world too chatdemon! Welcome to the Piazza :)

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Havard wrote:Over in the Thunder Rift forum (subforum of Mystara) I created a Q&A thread for Andrew Steven Harris who worked on the Thunder Rift line.

Other people who might be considered Celebrities:

* Cam Banks who posts in the Dragonlance Forum.
* Robert S. Conley who worked on the Wilderlands and has written various products for the industry.
* James Mishler who publishes Wilderlands supplements for his own company and also worked on the (abandoned) Hackmaster Mystara book.
* Dragonhelm (Trampas Whiteman) has also worked on at least a couple of Dragonlance books with Sovereign Press/Margaret Weis Productions.
* Quickleaf (Aaron Infante-Levy) wrote Tales of the Caliphate Nights ( Arabian setting for the True20 game).
* GMWestermeyer, co-author of Hackjammer and with a regular column in KotDT
* Plaag (Shane G) co-wrote Bard's Gate from Necromancer Games and has done work in the first two FoS Ravenloft netbooks.
* Night Druid who worked on the Hackjammer book for Hackmaster, who posts in the Spelljammer forum and elsewhere.
* Geoff Gander, published at DF, inventor of the Outer Beings.
* Silverblade-T-E, has art published in Polyhedron, Dragon and more.

Do we have other celebrities on this forum that I forgot about?
Well, I mentioned the [Crystal Spheres] Offical Q&A thread, but forgot to mention that the questions and answers were being answered by BPIJonathan (Jonathan M. Thompson of Battlefield Press, Inc), so I think you should add him to the list.

BTW: As well as hanging around the Spelljammer community, Jonathan has also aquired the rights to the Terran Trade Authority RPG - something that might appeal to Traveller fans. He has posted more information in this thread: [Traveller] Terran Trade Authority. We might want to list that thread with the celebritiy Q&A threads.
Havard wrote:I think all of these should be offered their own Q&A thread should they want it. IMO it would make the most sense to hae these threads located in the forum the individual is most strongly associated with. We could also have a thread in this forum with links to all of the celebritiy Q&A threads.

What do you think? :)
Why start another thread, when you could use this one? :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Big Mac wrote:Well, I mentioned the [Crystal Spheres] Offical Q&A thread, but forgot to mention that the questions and answers were being answered by BPIJonathan (Jonathan M. Thompson of Battlefield Press, Inc), so I think you should add him to the list.

BTW: As well as hanging around the Spelljammer community, Jonathan has also aquired the rights to the Terran Trade Authority RPG - something that might appeal to Traveller fans. He has posted more information in this thread: [Traveller] Terran Trade Authority. We might want to list that thread with the celebritiy Q&A threads.
Havard wrote:I think all of these should be offered their own Q&A thread should they want it. IMO it would make the most sense to hae these threads located in the forum the individual is most strongly associated with. We could also have a thread in this forum with links to all of the celebritiy Q&A threads.

What do you think? :)
Why start another thread, when you could use this one? :?
Thanks for the input David! I have added Johnathan to the list (sorry about not doing that sooner). I also revised the OP organizing it by world. Not sure if that is a good idea or not? I also included the URLs for some of the celebs. Let me know if more of those have relevant URLs that we can add, or if anyone feels the OP should be changed in any way...

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Havard wrote:Thanks for the input David! I have added Johnathan to the list (sorry about not doing that sooner). I also revised the OP organizing it by world. Not sure if that is a good idea or not? I also included the URLs for some of the celebs. Let me know if more of those have relevant URLs that we can add, or if anyone feels the OP should be changed in any way...
I think you meant internal links, but you might want to update the Dragonlance "celebrities" with appropriate links from Dragonlance Nexus. Here is a modified version of your DL section:

Dragonlance
* Cam Banks who works for Margaret Weis Productions, has worked on eight of their third edition Dragonlance RPG books and is the author of the Dragonlance novel: The Sellsword.
* Dragonhelm (Trampas Whiteman) has worked on three third edition RPG Dragonlance books for Margaret Weis Productions and has also written for the Legend of Huma. (He also runs Dragonlance Nexus and is one of the hosts of the Dragonlance Canticle podcast.)

I'm not exactly sure how the per setting classification will work, because Dragonhelm was once a major force in the Spelljammer community...

...before the DL fans stole him, that is! ;)

I've seen Silverblade posting artwork in the Dark Sun forum (and more recently in the Forgotten Realms forum).

We have a couple of GH experts hanging out in the Greyhawk forum. At the risk of this turning into a list of "any dude with a website" I belive that Maldin has a very important GH website. If he hasn't had any commercial work published, he definately will know who has. And Mortellan's Greyhawk Webcomic thread has already been made into a sticky, so someone out there thinks it is important. ;)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Gawain_VIII
Storm Giant

Post by Gawain_VIII » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:51 am

We can now add to the list the Mystara's Red Steel/Savage Coast resident expert: Tim Beach

Thank you, Tim for joining our little community. You are certainly welcome any time you wish to pop in.

However, if you happen to have a Red Curse-ified update to the original X9 module that might be released as fan-material *sugestive hints* you would have my vote for getting the "Key to the Boards".

Roger
"Time does not heal all things--only swift and decisive action does." --Roger LaVern Girtman, II, 17 April 2010
Classic Campaigns, my Mystara fansite
Moderator of The Piazza's Mystara and M3e Project forums.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:46 pm

Gawain_VIII wrote:We can now add to the list the Mystara's Red Steel/Savage Coast resident expert: Tim Beach
Added! Thanks Roger, and welcome Tim! This is awesome! 8-)

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:15 am

The Piazza welcomes Colin McComb! He has worked on a series of TSR products: http://www.pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?op=s ... atorid=908
He is also the creator of Thunder Rift. 8-)

He is currently chatting over in the various Mystara subforums, in particular the Thunder Rift forum.

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Andaire
Stone Giant

Post by Andaire » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:02 pm

Havard wrote:The Piazza welcomes Colin McComb! He has worked on a series of TSR products: http://www.pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?op=s ... atorid=908

He is currently chatting over in the various Mystara subforums, in particular the Thunder Rift forum.
How about a Q&A sticky in the TR subforum then?
Information Wants To Be Free
Hervé Musseau http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1223372668

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Andaire wrote:
Havard wrote:The Piazza welcomes Colin McComb! He has worked on a series of TSR products: http://www.pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?op=s ... atorid=908

How about a Q&A sticky in the TR subforum then?
Done! viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1638

Colin will also answer questions about his other works, including Planescape, Ravenloft and Birthright there if anyone is interested. I encourage everyone to help make sure that our guests of honor feel welcome here :)

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Coolness :) Glad to see more Celebrities on the forum ;)
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Wow. He has worked on a ton of settings, including Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Dark Sun, Planescape and Birthright. 8-)

It would be nice to read his thoughts on all of those (as well as find out what he is working on since he left WotC).

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Big Mac wrote:Wow. He has worked on a ton of settings, including Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Dark Sun, Planescape and Birthright. 8-)

It would be nice to read his thoughts on all of those (as well as find out what he is working on since he left WotC).
Ah, cool, that means he can give us insight on a lot of settings, not just Thunder Rift (although that appears to be the favorite topic at the moment ;) )

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:00 pm

night_druid wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Wow. He has worked on a ton of settings, including Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Dark Sun, Planescape and Birthright. 8-)

Ah, cool, that means he can give us insight on a lot of settings, not just Thunder Rift (although that appears to be the favorite topic at the moment ;) )
Yep. I am currently keeping the Q&A thread in the Thunder Rift forum, since that is where he started out posting (and also I am biased ;) ), but questions about any setting will be allowed in that thread. :)

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Havard wrote:Yep. I am currently keeping the Q&A thread in the Thunder Rift forum, since that is where he started out posting (and also I am biased ;) ), but questions about any setting will be allowed in that thread. :)
Heh, its probably more trouble than its worth to move it at the moment. ;)

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:38 pm

night_druid wrote:Heh, its probably more trouble than its worth to move it at the moment. ;)
;)
It is probably something we have to talk about though. One problem is that Ashtagon is the only one who can create sticky threads in the Public House Forums. If not it would have been easier to move all the celeb threads to the Orc's Revenge or something. Then again, I also think it is important to talk to the Celebs themselves and ask what works best for them. Not all game designers are experts at maneuvering around in forums and subforums and the last thing we should do is to make things more difficult for them.

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Havard wrote:Then again, I also think it is important to talk to the Celebs themselves and ask what works best for them. Not all game designers are experts at maneuvering around in forums and subforums and the last thing we should do is to make things more difficult for them.
Heh, that'd be me. I say just leave it where it is. If it becomes an issue, deal with it then, not before. :)

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:57 pm

If you decide the orc's revenge is the best location, just let me know, and i'll sticky it there. No sense moving threads until then.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:17 pm

Havard wrote:Yep. I am currently keeping the Q&A thread in the Thunder Rift forum, since that is where he started out posting (and also I am biased ;) ), but questions about any setting will be allowed in that thread. :)
So you don't mind a lot of off-topicness in that thread. :D

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Big Mac wrote:
So you don't mind a lot of off-topicness in that thread. :D
Ahem :)

I guess I am thinking along similar lines as what I have seen on Celeb threads on Dragonsfoot. The Thread Owner usually has quite a bit of leeway on what is allowed. Anything related to that person or products he has been involved with will definately be allowed.

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Post by Cthulhudrew » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:27 pm

Maybe we should post an intro in the Planescape forum, as well- I'm sure those guys would love to know Colin is hanging out here. I mostly know him from his Planescape work myself, despite being a Mystara fanatic.
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:31 am

Cthulhudrew wrote:Maybe we should post an intro in the Planescape forum, as well- I'm sure those guys would love to know Colin is hanging out here. I mostly know him from his Planescape work myself, despite being a Mystara fanatic.
A "redirect" thread for every campaign setting would be good. (I'd suggest a locked thread that acts as a link to the Thunder Rift thread.)

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:35 pm

I added Allen Varneywho just joined us to the Original Post. :)

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:50 am

Added Monte Cook to the list!

Also revised how the OP is presented. Next task is to get it sorted in Alphabetical order ;)

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:07 pm

Monte Cook has a thread running in the Mystara forum. Go and ask him some questions :)

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “The Philosopher's Stone”