[art] Princesses Playing DnD

The totally-official, off-topic, liable-for-purging board.

Moderator: Chimpman

[art] Princesses Playing DnD

Postby Big Mac » Tue May 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Madam Maria has created a painting called Princesses Playing DnD.

Has anyone seem this before?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [art] Princesses Playing DnD

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue May 09, 2017 10:49 pm

That is awesome...I love it!
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Boddynock » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:39 pm

10 people at a gaming table. That's a slow combat if I've ever seen one, depending on how many books are available (these are princesses, so they probably can afford at least the PHB). But in my experience, the higher the number, the higher you've got people having small conversations or sharing jokes. Somebody is going to continue to ask: "Can you repeat that? I couldn't recall that last part you said." If Snow White is smart she'll have someone work as co-GM or perhaps have a caller to collect everyone's actions and then clearly tell the GM. If I was Snow White I'd also have a sign that said "No Singing out Your Action".

Also, when playing a Bard, it's a good idea to write out the bonuses to your bard song and hold that up when you're... singing. That way people can remember to add bonuses to Attack and Damage.
Check out my blog http://boddynock-te.blogspot.com/

Support your local gnome!

Boddynock Stotch - 17th level Gnome Bard of Far Shore, Isle of Dread - Savage Tide Adventure Path
Boddynock
Gnomish Ambassador

Postby willpell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Yeah, that's a really overcrowded table; a group of 11 should definitely split into two groups of five and six, with one DM each. Or perhaps two groups of five, with a DM and four PCs each, and one coordinator who manages the shared world in conjunction with the two DMs.
willpell
White Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:09 pm

Boddynock wrote:...(these are princesses, so they probably can afford at least the PHB).

These are princesses, so we probably need to conduct an experiment involving a d20 and twenty mattresses. :P
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby BlackBat242 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:56 am

Big Mac wrote:
Boddynock wrote:...(these are princesses, so they probably can afford at least the PHB).

These are princesses, so we probably need to conduct an experiment involving a d20 and twenty mattresses. :P

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode
BlackBat242
Dire Haggis

Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Return to The Tabard Inn