Last Jedi Trailer (spoilers)

The totally-official, off-topic, liable-for-purging board.

Moderator: Chimpman

Last Jedi Trailer (spoilers)

Postby Havard » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Last Jedi Trailer

Postby ripvanwormer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:18 pm

You might want to avoid this trailer if you want to see the movie completely unspoiled!
ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Postby Corsair14 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:57 pm

I liked the trailer. Kylo seems to have grown a bit and doesn't appear as annoying looking or acting as he did in the first one. Wont be a fan of him until he proves himself not to be a whiney annoying boy in a dumb mask like he was in TFA. Really hoping we aren't going to have Empire Strikes back part 2. That was my biggest beef with TFA was that it was A New Hope all over again with different special effects and lacking real space battles which to me is a very important part of Star Wars. This one appears to have a decent looking space battle with fighters and capital ships, but at the same time it appears to have AT-ATs vs Speeders as the Empire is trying to destroy a base. Hmmmm. They really try and push the whole Kylo is trying to blow up Fisher's ship in the trailer or at least the bridge so we will see. Rogue One set a pretty high bar to beat and based off TFA I don't expect it to be beaten. Got tickets for Thursday night though :)
Corsair14
Orc

Postby Saunatonttu » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:55 pm

There's too much to take in, and the trailer seems to be throwing a lot of Red Herrings around. The "narrative" it gives us will no doubt prove to be mostly false, but it's also a bit hard to try to take the intercut bits and pieces and thrown around parts of dialogue without any context, but anyway. Visually it is in the Good Star Wars realm, and the promise of Big Space Battle and the Big Land Battle are cool. As is Rey training:

Anyway, going on Wednesday to the local indie theater with soul and then again on Sunday to one of the bigchain multiplex horrors with ginormous screens :)
Surfing's the Source, man...
Saunatonttu
Ogre

Re: Last Jedi Trailer (spoilers)

Postby Corsair14 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Ok, it comes out next week. Anyone else having thoughts that the trailer makes it look just like Empire Strikes back?
We have massive land battle involving skimmers and AT-ATs. Check
Group splits up and one team goes to a resort city. Check
The other main member goes to an old hermit jedi for training. Check
We find out the young jedi's parentage. check

So who is going to get captured so they can rescue them in the next movie?
Corsair14
Orc

Postby night_druid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 pm

The person who gets "captured" will be Finn (scene of Finn in uniform in a line of troopers). The only real "mystery" is who is Rey's father. My guess? The father is irrelevant. Its going to be revealed that Captain Phasma is her mother. And the collective outrage will be epic to watch.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green
night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Postby shesheyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm

night_druid wrote:The person who gets "captured" will be Finn (scene of Finn in uniform in a line of troopers). The only real "mystery" is who is Rey's father. My guess? The father is irrelevant. Its going to be revealed that Captain Phasma is her mother. And the collective outrage will be epic to watch.

THIS! I want this to happen! ;)
shesheyan
Frost Giant

Postby night_druid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Personally, I want Sideous to be the father...Rey is a clone of Sideous. Who turns to the dark side after offing Leia, Luke, and Chewbacca. And then some plucky pilot takes out Death Star 4 with a lucky shot, killing the remainder of the cast. ;)
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green
night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Postby Saunatonttu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:50 pm

I added a friday screening to my list, cause one mate comes back from the states in a way he will miss the wed one.

Wed/Fri/Sun, then probably once more with work the next week.
Surfing's the Source, man...
Saunatonttu
Ogre

Postby Corsair14 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Calling it now, prediction that Rey is Kylo-Hipster's sister and Han Leia and luke conspired to get her out of the attention of Snoke thus her ending up on Jakku. She will end up killing Luke when he expects her help instead and sides with Kylo. Finn is captured I guess ending the movie. Next movie Kylo finds he loves his sister, they either both return to the light side or just he does after freeing Finn and he goes on to lead the Resistance to win against the 1st order in a dramatic sword fight where they both die.

The galaxy is at peace for all of 10 seconds because peace when dealing with intelligent creatures and limited resources is an impossibility and the weird S&M aliens from outside the galaxy arrive in organic ships and try to take over starting the next trilogy free of the Skywalkers.
Corsair14
Orc

Postby Big Mac » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 pm

Corsair14 wrote:Calling it now, prediction that Rey is Kylo-Hipster's sister and Han Leia and luke conspired to get her out of the attention of Snoke thus her ending up on Jakku.

Interesting theory, but I don't see how both Han and Leia could meet Rey and not give away the fact that she was their daughter. It doesn't quite feel right to me.

I do agree that she might kill Luke. We know that Mark Hamill complained about the script. Ren killing Luke could trick Kylo-Ren and Snope into thinking she has turned to the Dark Side and allow her to get close to them and kill them.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to The Tabard Inn