Page 1 of 1

[cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:37 pm
by Big Mac
I just found out that someone called Uri Kurlianchik, who I chat to on Faceborg, has been making a D&D comic, called D&D Kids, with an artist called Jamie Keys, since June.

Here are the comic strips they have made so far My favourite is the Evil Wizard one. :lol:

There is also a DND Kids Patreon, if you want to support Uri and Jamie.

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:34 pm
by Khedrac
Nice, but I wish there was a simple way to navigate between them, I ended up coming here between each strip.
I do like the way they illustrate how things can be taken simply by starting from a different perspective.

As for favourite, I am not sure, possible the elf archer figurine (hey, back in the day Games of Liverpool's miniatures collection had a section labeled "Swedish porn stars").

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:12 am
by Big Mac
Khedrac wrote:Nice, but I wish there was a simple way to navigate between them, I ended up coming here between each strip.
You mean you don't love The Piazza enough to come back here in between every single webpage you look at normally? :shock: ;( ;)
Khedrac wrote:I do like the way they illustrate how things can be taken simply by starting from a different perspective.

As for favourite, I am not sure, possible the elf archer figurine (hey, back in the day Games of Liverpool's miniatures collection had a section labeled "Swedish porn stars").
I don't think I saw Games of Liverpool, back when I went up there and went on a mad hunt to find shops with D&D stuff.

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:51 am
by Khedrac
Big Mac wrote:I don't think I saw Games of Liverpool, back when I went up there and went on a mad hunt to find shops with D&D stuff.
When I went to Liverpool Uni it was the games shop for Liverpool and the main importer for the UK. They closed in my second year I think (1989/90) which was a right pain.

From what I found out (last weekend!) they shut because the council was compulory purchasing the block to deal with one of the other occupants and set themselves up as a miniatures maker (trading as Ral Partha UK) passing on thier import contacts to Esvedium Games.

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:53 am
by Big Mac
Khedrac wrote:
Big Mac wrote:I don't think I saw Games of Liverpool, back when I went up there and went on a mad hunt to find shops with D&D stuff.
When I went to Liverpool Uni it was the games shop for Liverpool and the main importer for the UK. They closed in my second year I think (1989/90) which was a right pain.

From what I found out (last weekend!) they shut because the council was compulory purchasing the block to deal with one of the other occupants and set themselves up as a miniatures maker (trading as Ral Partha UK) passing on thier import contacts to Esvedium Games.
It sucks when governments force companies out of business. I'm glad that they managed to find a backup plan.

I did pass through the Great Zone Six Barrier and go to Liverpool back in my schooldays, but I wasn't playing D&D yet back then, and I just went there and came home.

Anyhoo, geting back to DND Kids, I'm guessing that there might be another one out on the 22nd of September.

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:53 pm
by Khedrac
From what I heard the compulosry purchase price was very good as the council knew they would lose if challenged, the chap bought a nice place with it that he recent sold for a huge amount more when that area became desirable. He has done very nicely out of it, it was just us games that suffered (though the other shops in Liv city centre were OK).

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:33 pm
by Big Mac
Khedrac wrote:From what I heard the compulosry purchase price was very good as the council knew they would lose if challenged, the chap bought a nice place with it that he recent sold for a huge amount more when that area became desirable. He has done very nicely out of it, it was just us games that suffered (though the other shops in Liv city centre were OK).
It's good that he got looked after.

I wonder if the comic strip will do something in a gaming store, at some point.

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:11 am
by Hugin
Nice little comic; quite entertaining.

I just wish there was more to read! :D

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:12 pm
by Big Mac
Hugin wrote:Nice little comic; quite entertaining.

I just wish there was more to read! :D
If my calculations are correct, there will be another one in two days.

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:04 pm
by Urikson
Hi, I'm Uri, one of the creators. Really happy to hear you guys are enjoying this :)

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:08 am
by Urikson
New comic! Winter is almost here, so this week's story is about rain.

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:58 am
by Sturm
Great comic, thanks for the update, keep them coming! :)

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:45 pm
by Hugin
Thanks for the update! If you can, please keep us posted with when new ones are available. Thanks :!:

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:46 pm
by Hugin
Hugin wrote:Thanks for the update! If you can, please keep us posted when new ones are available. Thanks :!:

Moderators - please feel free to delete this strange double post.
Thanks.

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:05 pm
by Big Mac
Urikson wrote:New comic! Winter is almost here, so this week's story is about rain.
Thanks Uri!

I've edited that one (and The Gate - which I missed) into the top post.

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:19 am
by Urikson
Well, it seems I have my work cut out for me! :)

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:07 pm
by Big Mac
Urikson wrote:Well, it seems I have my work cut out for me! :)
Does this mean the next issue of DND Kids will be done via the medium of collage. ;)

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:16 pm
by Big Mac
Urikson wrote:Hi, I'm Uri, one of the creators. Really happy to hear you guys are enjoying this :)
I know you so well on Faceborg that I forgot to say "Welcome to The Piazza Uri". :oops:

You might want to pop over to the Introduce yourself here topic, say "hi" to everyone and tell them a bit about yourself and the things you like to talk about.

You might also want to use your Piazza signature to link to DND Kids (or any other RPG stuff you are working on). That way, if you chat to people, and they are interested in what you do, they will be able to find your "stuff". :)

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:50 pm
by Urikson
New comic for the collection!

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:57 pm
by Big Mac
Urikson wrote:New comic for the collection!
Have you got married yet?

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:43 am
by Urikson
I didn't get married, but I did post a new story, which is also nice.

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:27 pm
by Big Mac
Urikson wrote:I didn't get married, but I did post a new story, which is also nice.
I wonder how many kids you have around your gaming table. Are we at risk of running out or do you have multiple groups?

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:10 pm
by Urikson
Right now I have 15 groups most of which are 6-8 players. If any group reaches 12, I split it into two groups. I am running 10 of these groups and the other 5 are run by my D&D golems. I've been doing this for seven years, four as a hired instructor and three independently so one hopes we won't run out of groups soon :)

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:05 pm
by Big Mac
Urikson wrote:Right now I have 15 groups most of which are 6-8 players. If any group reaches 12, I split it into two groups. I am running 10 of these groups and the other 5 are run by my D&D golems. I've been doing this for seven years, four as a hired instructor and three independently so one hopes we won't run out of groups soon :)
That should keep you going for a few years. :)

Re: [cartoon] DND Kids

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:34 am
by Urikson
Hey, we launched a patreon to cover the expenses of the comic and to have an excuse to post a silly video as well as silly comics. Gib a kik :)