Obi Wan Kenobi Movie in the works

The totally-official, off-topic, liable-for-purging board.

Moderator: Chimpman

Obi Wan Kenobi Movie in the works

Postby Havard » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Oscar-nominated filmmaker Stephen Daldry is in early talks for the pic, which would center on the Jedi master who has been played by both Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ks-1030505

I am not sure, but I think they might want this one for 2020 when they are done with the current trilogy. The Kenobi movie will be a stand alone movie similar to Rogue One, but there has already been speculations about sequels.

What would you like to see in a standalone Kenobi movie?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Movie in the works

Postby Saunatonttu » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Oh, yeah... this would be amazing. Ewan playing Alec Guinness playing Younger Kenobi was one of the true highpoints in the Prequels, and now that he is perfectly aged in real life, a Kenobi film by Disney would likely end up being mindbendingly awesome. And Kenobi is pretty much my favourite character in all of Star Wars (him and Lando!)

And with the setting of Tatoiine and a lone Jedi wandering the desert, kicking ass, I hope they go to the fountain of (spaghetti) westerns - cinematographically and thematically.

Surfing's the Source, man...
Saunatonttu
Ogre

Postby Big Mac » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Saunatonttu wrote:And with the setting of Tatoiine and a lone Jedi wandering the desert, kicking ass, I hope they go to the fountain of (spaghetti) westerns - cinematographically and thematically.

"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my bantha don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it." :P
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Dread Delgath » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Magnificent Sev.... wait... they did that with Rogue One.

The Outlaw Josey Wales is perfect for a Spaghetti Kenobi Judland Western Waste movie! :cool:
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.
Dread Delgath
Fire Giant

Location: Thankfully, NOT where the swirl starts when you flush the country.

Return to The Tabard Inn