[Youtube Series] Dragon' Up The Past

The totally-official, off-topic, liable-for-purging board.

Moderator: Chimpman

[Youtube Series] Dragon' Up The Past

Postby bayonetbrant » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:49 am

{shameless plug}
Hey folks...

We've got a new video series we've been working on, going thru old Dragon Magazines with voice-over commentary & discussion, and a heaping helping of snark :)

Yes, it's based at a more grog-ish wargaming website, but it's a couple of old-school RPGers chatting their way through the magazines

(full disclosure, I'm one of them)

We'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback if you get a change to check us out.
{/shameless plug}

(side question - can you embed Youtube vids here?)
-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----
-- Brant
Chief cat herder and editorial director over at www.grogheads.com
Occasional game designer, even less-occasional game publisher
Most importantly, dad to 2 fantastic kids and budding gamers
bayonetbrant
Goblin

Re: [Youtube Series] Dragon' Up The Past

Postby Big Mac » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:07 pm

bayonetbrant wrote:{shameless plug}
Hey folks...

We've got a new video series we've been working on, going thru old Dragon Magazines with voice-over commentary & discussion, and a heaping helping of snark :)

Yes, it's based at a more grog-ish wargaming website, but it's a couple of old-school RPGers chatting their way through the magazines

(full disclosure, I'm one of them)

We'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback if you get a change to check us out.
{/shameless plug}

{shameless socket}
Hi Bayonetbrant!

Welcome to The Piazza! You might want to pop over to the Introduce yourself here topic, say "Hi" to everyone and tell them a bit about the D&D (and non-D&D) stuff you like to talk about. (You might also want to mention Grogheads and how you came to be involved with them, or what you do over there or whatever. It's up to you what you say, but you can include a namecheck to your project/s.)

You might also want to set up your forum signature. That way, if you get talking to people and they want to see some of your stuff™ they could find a link to Grogheads from any of your posts.
{/shameless socket}

This topic has actually been posted in the "off topic" area (The Tabard Inn), but a discussion of Dragon magazines is actually "on topic". I'm going to report your post, and get this topic moved to a permanent part of the forum (as The Tabard Inn is theoretically subject to purging of old topics and this one needs to stay).

bayonetbrant wrote:(side question - can you embed Youtube vids here?)

(side answer - no but it is something that might be consider after The Piazza moves to it's new server and some behind the scenes work gets done. In the meantime you can put in YouTube's thumbnails manually, if you really want to. Here is a post in {shamelss plug} AuldDragon's Auld Dragon has a weekly Spelljammer show on Twitch TV {/shameless plug} topic, where I link to a bunch of YouTube videos. That took me a pretty long time. :lol: )
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Youtube Series] Dragon' Up The Past

Postby bayonetbrant » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:18 am

Big Mac wrote:This topic has actually been posted in the "off topic" area (The Tabard Inn), but a discussion of Dragon magazines is actually "on topic". I'm going to report your post, and get this topic moved to a permanent part of the forum (as The Tabard Inn is theoretically subject to purging of old topics and this one needs to stay).

I can re-post to The Squishy Bits :)

Thanks!
-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----
-- Brant
Chief cat herder and editorial director over at www.grogheads.com
Occasional game designer, even less-occasional game publisher
Most importantly, dad to 2 fantastic kids and budding gamers
bayonetbrant
Goblin

Return to The Tabard Inn