Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

The totally-official, off-topic, liable-for-purging board.

Moderator: Chimpman

Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby shesheyan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:39 pm

The second part of 2017 was a return to RPGs for me, as a player only. I bought more games then I have time to play but I'm ok with that. Still debating which of the three I will use for my return to the table as a GM.

[SF] - Coriolis, Third Horizon by Free League (published by Modiphius)
[SF] - Frontier Space by DWD studios
[SF] - Ultra Modern 5E by Diaz Ex Machina

----------------------------------------------------
DD5e :
- Sword Coast Adventures
- Xanathar's Guide

----------------------------------------------------
Mainly for the tiles and miniatures :
- Drizzt board game
- Ravenloft board game
User avatar
shesheyan
Fire Giant
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby Darkanth » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Kind of a busy year as far as "buying" rpg's went, not so much on the actual playing front.
So, in no particular order:
The Dark Eye
Pretty much every single OneDice product released this year
Zweihander Grim & Perilous
The Black Hack - plus a large number of pdf's based on it
I also have Eclipse Phase 1e dead tree edition on order at the moment
Oh, and am awaiting the Revised Stars Without Number Kickstarter that I backed
User avatar
Darkanth
Bugbear
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: North Yorkshire, England

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby Big Mac » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:43 pm

I've got no idea for the entire year, but I know that I bought Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide (because it was cheap) and The Complete Book of Villains (1e) and Psionics Handbook (3e) (because I didn't have them and thought they would be useful).

I'm not really seeking to buy recent stuff. I'm more seeking to buy useful stuff, so I wouldn't be able to tell this sort of thing from the publication dates.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 22150
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby agathokles » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Mostly through Bundle of Holding and Humble Bundle, I bought 13th Age, Shadow of the Demon Lord, and Warhammer RPG 2nd edition.
I'm also waiting for Cthulhu Confidential, hopefully it will arrive before the end of the year, and I've participated to the latest Calidar Kickstarter (also waiting for my copy).

GP
agathokles
Red Dragon
 
Posts: 6664
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby shesheyan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:18 pm

Big Mac wrote:I'm not really seeking to buy recent stuff. I'm more seeking to buy useful stuff.


Those two things are not necessarily incompatible ! :D :D :D ;)
User avatar
shesheyan
Fire Giant
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby timemrick » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Pathfinder:
Strange Aeons AP (Part 1 of 6)
Dragon Empires Primer
Pocket editions of Ultimate Equipment, Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, and Bestiary

D&D 5E:
Tales from the Yawning Portal
Curse of Strahd
The Book of the Righteous [Kickstarter]

Other systems:
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Over the Edge, 2E
Blue Rose and BR Narrator's Kit [Kickstarter]

(And if I don't get Volo's and Xanathar's for Christmas, they'll be my first purchases of 2018.)

EDIT: I forgot that I also bought Barsaive in Chaos (Earthdawn) for my wife.
Last edited by timemrick on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Winds of Freeport: My Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.
User avatar
timemrick
Hekatonkhieres
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:33 am
Location: Emirate of Kobara

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby Yaztromo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:15 pm

As far as I remember I got Dreams of Aerie and Stellar Adventures, although I'm probably forgetting something...
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.
User avatar
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby Morfie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Some BECMI things from dmsguild and that's about it. Backed 2 Kickstarters (1 since cancelled) and 1 Patreon.

Zero playing :(
User avatar
Morfie
Metamorph
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:48 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby Falconer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:47 am

Star Wars (WEG First Edition)
Starfall

OSRIC
The Desert Shrine of the Sightless Sisters
User avatar
Falconer
Troll
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby Big Mac » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:28 pm

shesheyan wrote:
Big Mac wrote:I'm not really seeking to buy recent stuff. I'm more seeking to buy useful stuff.


Those two things are not necessarily incompatible ! :D :D :D ;)


No. That's true. There are plenty of good books coming out.

But "useful" to me, involves a connection with Spelljammer. :P
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 22150
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:45 am

D&D 5E: Xanathar's Guide to Everything
D&D 5E: Tomb of Annihilation

Dreamscarred Press: Psionics Bestiary (Pathfinder)
Dreamscarred Press: Ultimate Psionics (Pathfinder)

Freeport: The City of Adventure (Pathfinder)
Freeport Bestiary: A Sourcebook for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Interludes: Sands of Pain (Bluffide d20)

Legendary Games: Aetheric Heroes (Pathfinder)
Legendary Games: Aethera Campaign Setting (Pathfinder)
Legendary Games: Stargates (Pathfinder)

Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Andoran, Birthplace of Freedom
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Occult Bestiary
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Occult Origins
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Occult Realms

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Adventurer’s Guide
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Book of the Damned
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Wilderness

Starfinder Cards: Starfinder Condition Cards
Starfinder Combat Pad
Starfinder Adventure Path: Incident at Absalom Station (Dead Suns 1 of 6)
Starfinder Adventure Path: Temple of the Twelve (Dead Suns 2 of 6)
Starfinder Flip-Mat: Basic Starfield
Starfinder Flip-Mat: Basic Terrain
Starfinder Roleplaying Game: Alien Archive
Starfinder Roleplaying Game: Starfinder Core Rulebook
Starfinder Roleplaying Game: Starfinder GM Screen
Starfinder Roleplaying Game: Starfinder Player Character Folio
Starfinder Pawns: Base Assortment
Starfinder Pawns: Starfinder Core Pawn Collection

Not an RPG book, but could be used for gaming: The Big Elfquest Gatherum

Also, I finally caved and bought myself the I, Strahd Ravenloft novel.
User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
 
Posts: 8251
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Location: Malathéa

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby shesheyan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:D&D 5E: Xanathar's Guide to Everything
D&D 5E: Tomb of Annihilation

Dreamscarred Press: Psionics Bestiary (Pathfinder)
Dreamscarred Press: Ultimate Psionics (Pathfinder)

Freeport: The City of Adventure (Pathfinder)
Freeport Bestiary: A Sourcebook for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Interludes: Sands of Pain (Bluffide d20)

Legendary Games: Aetheric Heroes (Pathfinder)
Legendary Games: Aethera Campaign Setting (Pathfinder)
Legendary Games: Stargates (Pathfinder)

Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Andoran, Birthplace of Freedom
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Occult Bestiary
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Occult Origins
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Occult Realms

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Adventurer’s Guide
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Book of the Damned
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Wilderness

Starfinder Cards: Starfinder Condition Cards
Starfinder Combat Pad
Starfinder Adventure Path: Incident at Absalom Station (Dead Suns 1 of 6)
Starfinder Adventure Path: Temple of the Twelve (Dead Suns 2 of 6)
Starfinder Flip-Mat: Basic Starfield
Starfinder Flip-Mat: Basic Terrain
Starfinder Roleplaying Game: Alien Archive
Starfinder Roleplaying Game: Starfinder Core Rulebook
Starfinder Roleplaying Game: Starfinder GM Screen
Starfinder Roleplaying Game: Starfinder Player Character Folio
Starfinder Pawns: Base Assortment
Starfinder Pawns: Starfinder Core Pawn Collection

Not an RPG book, but could be used for gaming: The Big Elfquest Gatherum

Also, I finally caved and bought myself the I, Strahd Ravenloft novel.



That is a truck load of books ! You should see my list of wargames and miniatures I bought in 2017...
User avatar
shesheyan
Fire Giant
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:18 pm

shesheyan wrote:That is a truck load of books ! You should see my list of wargames and miniatures I bought in 2017...
I could have done a lot better. :P My kryptonite is blu-rays, dvds and rpg books and accessories. I am going to try very hard over the next year to scale back on buying rpg stuff though.
User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
 
Posts: 8251
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Location: Malathéa

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby shesheyan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:
shesheyan wrote:That is a truck load of books ! You should see my list of wargames and miniatures I bought in 2017...
I could have done a lot better. :P My kryptonite is blu-rays, dvds and rpg books and accessories. I am going to try very hard over the next year to scale back on buying rpg stuff though.


I have to do the same with miniatures in 2018. 2017 was not as bad as 2016. Now, I'm focusing on sets of minis that are reusable with other rule sets. I don't buy wargames with a «must have» set miniatures anymore (40K, Warmachines). Too costly and not reusable with other rules. I play historical games with a supernatural twist like the new Dracula's America - in a supernatural western setting. by Osprey Publishing. Cowboys and D&D undead monsters are all I need.
User avatar
shesheyan
Fire Giant
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby timemrick » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:50 pm

timemrick wrote:Pathfinder:
Strange Aeons AP (Part 1 of 6)
Dragon Empires Primer
Pocket editions of Ultimate Equipment, Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, and Bestiary

D&D 5E:
Tales from the Yawning Portal
Curse of Strahd
The Book of the Righteous [Kickstarter]

Other systems:
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Over the Edge, 2E
Blue Rose and BR Narrator's Kit [Kickstarter]

(And if I don't get Volo's and Xanathar's for Christmas, they'll be my first purchases of 2018.)

EDIT: I forgot that I also bought Barsaive in Chaos (Earthdawn) for my wife.

I also bought Pathfinder Unchained in December, after posting my list here.

And I did get Volo's and Xanathar's for Christmas (though technically I didn't buy them, my wife did).
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Winds of Freeport: My Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.
User avatar
timemrick
Hekatonkhieres
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:33 am
Location: Emirate of Kobara

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby ghendar » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:51 pm

Judges Guild
Verbosh

OSR
A lot of low cost or free OSR stuff on PDF. Too many to list

Sword & Sorcery (3e. Got these cheap. There are a lot of monsters that I plan to convert to B/X, BECM, 1e compatibility)
Creature Collection
Creature Collection II

Chaotic Henchmen
F3 Many Gates of the Gann ....... Review

I also have this coming in print. Mutant Bastards. Looks real fun :D
Fifth registered member, bitches!

If the Unapproachable East was so unapproachable, how did anyone get there?
User avatar
ghendar
Stone Giant
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: Acererak's Rumpus Room

Re: Which RPG products did you buy in 2017?

Postby shesheyan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:00 pm

ghendar wrote:I also have this coming in print. Mutant Bastards. Looks real fun :D


:D :D :D Indeed !
User avatar
shesheyan
Fire Giant
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec


Return to The Tabard Inn

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests