What type of games to you play?

The totally-official, off-topic, liable-for-purging board.

What type of games to you play?

RPGs
24%
Boardgames
18%
Miniature Wargames
4%
Game Books
6%
Collectible Card Games
6%
Living Card Games
3%
LARP
3%
Computer Games
18%
Console Games
6%
Handheld Device Games
13%

Total votes: 68

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: What type of games to you play?

Post by Havard » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:29 pm

shesheyan wrote:
bayonetbrant wrote:^^^
fair 'nuff :)
;)

Miniature wargaming has evolved a lot and would require a survey by itself. The days when all the wargames where played with large armies on 4x6 tables are long gone. Skirmish games of 10 or less models per side has gained in popularity in the last 5 years. Many players now refuse to buy in large model count games. Most companies with large games now offer a skirmish variant of their rules in the hope of stopping the lost of customers.

The most recent trend is the miniature skirmish game on a small battle board. GW's Shadespire and Corvus Belli's Aristeia are good exemple of this new trend. Most probably a reaction to the explosion miniature skirmish boardgames sold on Kickstarter. Lines are blurry. Are they board games or miniature wargames... A bit of both maybe because the hobby side remains part of the attraction.
We have room for more threads! :) :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: What type of games to you play?

Post by Big Mac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Hugin wrote:I play a few games on my phone, mainly board game implementations, and the odd (and usually old) computer game. Pretty sure that makes me a poly-gamer.
You play board games on your phone??? :?

What's the world coming to! Next you will be telling me that you can play tabletop RPGs on a computer, with people who are not even in the same room watching you! :shock:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “The Tabard Inn”