D&D stuff in Lootcrate March 2018

The totally-official, off-topic, liable-for-purging board.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

D&D stuff in Lootcrate March 2018

Post by Havard » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:15 pm

Last time they had a D&D themed crate it came with the awesome Demogorgon figure.

Now it looks like they will be including more D&D stuff in the March crate. Any idea what it might be? Just a t shirt or something else?

I am not really into mystery boxes, but I did manage to get hold of the mentioned Demogorgon figure.

More details here:

https://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com ... oupon.html

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: D&D stuff in Lootcrate March 2018

Post by Big Mac » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:32 pm

I don't think that's a 5e D&D logo on that page. Does anyone recognise it? Is it the 4e logo?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

brassdragon
Orc

Post by brassdragon » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Big Mac wrote:I don't think that's a 5e D&D logo on that page. Does anyone recognise it? Is it the 4e logo?
There seem to be a number of variations of the 5e logo, and I'm seeing two of them on that page (complex outline ampersand/dragon -- matching the logo on dnd.wizards com -- vs. simpler solid red version). They're even putting multiple logo variations on the same book cover these days:

zontoxira
Planewalker

Post by zontoxira » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:37 pm

It does seem to be the 5e logo (as shown in the Xanathar's cover, too). I'd say it makes sense, since it's the most recent edition.
Say, D&D in a lootcrate? I'd always despised the idea of random stuff put in a box you bought, so you never knew what to expect (mainly cuz I'm bloody unlucky). But getting a D&D goodie? Starts itching me..
Have a look at my Dark Sun Reconstruction Project at Homebrewery or Dark Sun 5e files at Google Drive
---
Cager extraordinaire, at your service!
---
"There are no saints in the animal kingdom. Only breakfast, and dinner." - Lorne Malvo

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:33 pm

I hate Lootcrate with a burning passion. Exclusive items, available nowhere else, and the MAIN selling point of the entire service, their whole business model, is the "buy it now or it's GONE FOREVER" nature of the promotion. It's like the founder of the company watched that Bernie Madoff biopic and took it for an instructional video. Let's hope the slide in this direction quickly reverses itself, or at least remains confined solely to things like alternate miniature sculpts, rather than to actually useful and unique content.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 am

brassdragon wrote:
Big Mac wrote:I don't think that's a 5e D&D logo on that page. Does anyone recognise it? Is it the 4e logo?
There seem to be a number of variations of the 5e logo, and I'm seeing two of them on that page (complex outline ampersand/dragon -- matching the logo on dnd.wizards com -- vs. simpler solid red version). They're even putting multiple logo variations on the same book cover these days:
I suppose it is a bit more like the "Dungeons & Dragons" logo on the bottom of that book:

So it would allegedly be a 5e product then.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:02 am

willpell wrote:I hate Lootcrate with a burning passion. Exclusive items, available nowhere else, and the MAIN selling point of the entire service, their whole business model, is the "buy it now or it's GONE FOREVER" nature of the promotion. It's like the founder of the company watched that Bernie Madoff biopic and took it for an instructional video. Let's hope the slide in this direction quickly reverses itself, or at least remains confined solely to things like alternate miniature sculpts, rather than to actually useful and unique content.
Looking at previous Lootcrates, I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole.

Return to “The Tabard Inn”