[Boardgame] Mythic Battles Pantheon

The totally-official, off-topic, liable-for-purging board.
shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

[Boardgame] Mythic Battles Pantheon

Post by shesheyan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 pm

In Mythic Battles: Pantheon, it is these clashes between warbands, in the midst of a post-apocalyptic ancient Greece, that are the focal point of the game. Choose your God, draft your warband and take the fight to your enemies with the might of the most powerful beings from Greek mythology at your back.

BBG link : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/186 ... s-pantheon

I was lucky enough to have a friend who pledged on Mythic Battles Pantheon's first KS campaign. We played two games in March. I was blown away. The sculpts are beautiful, the rules are easy to understand but offer lots replayability. The battles boards are double sided and come with a series of 2D terrain pieces to spice things up. The game delivers on its promises. If you like wargames on boards with zones of control, objectives and epic battles you will love this. I highly recommend it. For the second game I was playing the god Pan with the Atalanta the Huntress, Lion of Nemee, Lycaon (werewolf) and a free unit of satyrs that come with Pan.

Currently playing : (player in) Adventurers in Middle-Earth
Preparing : Rise of the Kinori, a Modern AGE campaign
Reading : Modern AGE

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Re: [Boardgame] Mythic Battles Pantheon

Post by shesheyan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:02 pm

I was at the gaming store today to pick up the Coriolis GM screen I ordered and saw the Mythic Battles Pantheon RPG by Black Book Editions. Its a d6 dice pool system that uses the same combat mechanic as the boardgame. Sixes are «0» or blank. At 75$US or 96$ Canadian it is too expensive for me. There is a pdf version for sale on DriveThru.

Become the new heroes of a fantastical version of ancient Greece! The land of the mythological heroes — Odysseus, Achilles, Andromeda and many more — has been devastated by a second war between the gods of Olympus and the Titans. Greece was disfigured by this cataclysmic conflict and is now plagued by the monsters that have returned from its past. Humankind, abandoned by the gods for a century, now has to fend for itself and face countless threats from all sides. Bandits and raiders roam the countryside. The fragile balance of the rebuilt areas around the great cities of old is constantly challenged. The country is on the brink of chaos. More importantly, the gods now seem to be waking, fallen from grace and turned mortal, obsessed by reconquering their past powers. Who will protect humanity, if not new heroes? Will you join them?

Adapted from the miniatures board game of the same name, Mythic Battles: Pantheon™ RPG invites players to portray mythical heroes returned from the Underworld — such as Odysseus, Achilles, Heracles, Atalanta, Andromeda or Penthesilea — or characters created from scratch, living in a Greece both ancient and post-apocalyptic.

In this full core rulebook, you will find:
- Player’s Handbook: the creation and evolution of player characters, equipment and all the rules of the game.
- Game Master’s Handbook: a portrait of disfigured Greece, its cities, its characters, its secrets, an overview of each god and divinity, their histories and objectives, a creature guide and a scenario to introduce you to the game universe and its rules.
Last edited by shesheyan on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angelika Tatsu
Goblin Girl

Post by Angelika Tatsu » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:12 am

Man, that is a sweet board...looks and and sounds awesome!
In affectus veritá.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:11 pm

It looks like lots of the bits of this game could be raided and used in a tabletop RPG.

What sort of value for money would the game give, if bought just for the bits?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:24 am

Big Mac wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:11 pm
It looks like lots of the bits of this game could be raided and used in a tabletop RPG.

What sort of value for money would the game give, if bought just for the bits?
They are currently running a second kickstarter for the same game. They call it version 1.5 because of minor modifications to the rules.

At 119$US for the basic game + ALL 55 Stretch Goals it could be worth it for just the models. The basic game contains 37 models + 87 models for the stretch goals. Even with shipping its below 2$ per models. The sculpts are beautiful. 6 days left and they are at +900,000$. I won't be pledging since two of my friends bought the original and are backing the new extensions of this campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/80 ... =mythic%20

Return to “The Tabard Inn”