GenCon 2018 Who's Going?

The totally-official, off-topic, liable-for-purging board.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

GenCon 2018 Who's Going?

Post by Havard » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:10 pm

GenCon is Aug 2nd to Aug 5th.

Anyone from the Piazza going this year? Whether you are going or not, is there any news that you are eagerly anticipating from GenCon this year?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: GenCon 2018 Who's Going?

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:42 pm

According to this forum topic, WotC are avoiding Gen Con again. So while there might be some interesting news, it's not going to be about Spelljammer or any other out-of-print D&D world I am interested in.

That leaves the 3rd Party Publisher settings that were published under the OGL in the 3rd Edition Era (Freeport, Scarred Lands, Sovereign Stone, Kingdoms of Kalamar, etc, etc). New stuff for them...or 5e Kickstarters for any of them that have been dormant for a while would be news I would be interested in. But I guess it would depend on which companies have stands.

There might also be some old school stuff in the organised play, that I'd be interested in.

If Anna Meyer is going she might do a demo of her 2.0 Greyhawk map. That I would love to see...if I was going there (which I am not).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:30 am

I've been two twice, but don't think I'll be attending again due to PDI* and my social anxiety having gotten much worse. I think I could hand PaizoCon.

I'm looking forward to any news from Paizo about Pathfinder, regardless of what it is.

*Person Density Index

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:16 pm

I won't be able to make it this year. I've only been once (2011). Despite being within driving distance since moving to Kentucky 5 years ago, finances and the start of my kids' school year have conspired against it since then. However, now that they've moved the convention to earlier in August, and I have what promises to be a stable job for a long while, I might be able to swing it next year.

I'm always interested in hearing what Green Ronin is doing, even if it's for a game system or setting that I'm unlikely to buy or play. For example, I hardly ever play SF games, and have never read or watched The Expanse, but I'm thrilled to hear that the Kickstarter for The Expanse RPG is doing so well. Whenever I do get back to GenCon, I will probably sign up to demo something related to their games.

I'm curious about Pathfinder news, and I would love to finally get a chance to try out Starfinder (and do some PFS somewhere besides my FLGS and home game). I'm also a huge Wayne Reynolds fan, and would definitely seek out his booth.

And I would love to pay in the Iron GM tournament again, either as a player or (if I'm brave/foolhardy enough) GM.

Finally, any events with Ken Hite and/or Robin Laws are likely to get my attention. I was a fan of their work even before the Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff podcast.
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.

Dread Delgath
Fire Giant

Post by Dread Delgath » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:57 am

"I went for the tabletop games, I stayed for the unsolicited beatings." - quoted from a youtube message feed. :shock:
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Every year for the last 10 years I think I'm going to make it but something more important always comes up and I spend the money on that instead... maybe next year...

Return to “The Tabard Inn”