Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Join the Star Phoenix in Stranger Skies in Bruce Heard's Calidar Setting.

Moderator: Thorf

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Boneguard » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:58 am

I finished reading Beyond the Skies this morning. I love all of the Pantheon and how each of the 10 nations view thing or disagrees on technicalities (looking at both monotheistic nations here).

The section on Divine Favors, The World Soul, the Gods' aids and Their ranking, and the organisation was great, it brings great flavor and will help flesh out the outer world.

The appendix at the end was also pretty good, the powers presented can be fleshed out anyway we wish and are mostly tied to Pantheon or another...usually as an antagonist...or tied to Calidar proper. The Ghüle section was great too, as it gives us a glimpse of their plans and tools.

The downside...now I want more... I want to read more about the Living God's of Draconia or the Gods of Lao-Kwai, the Canisius or the Felician. Which is not such a bad downside. :)
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Ambreville » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:53 am

Boneguard wrote:I finished reading Beyond the Skies this morning. I love all of the Pantheon and how each of the 10 nations view thing or disagrees on technicalities (looking at both monotheistic nations here).

The section on Divine Favors, The World Soul, the Gods' aids and Their ranking, and the organisation was great, it brings great flavor and will help flesh out the outer world.

The appendix at the end was also pretty good, the powers presented can be fleshed out anyway we wish and are mostly tied to Pantheon or another...usually as an antagonist...or tied to Calidar proper. The Ghüle section was great too, as it gives us a glimpse of their plans and tools.

The downside...now I want more... I want to read more about the Living God's of Draconia or the Gods of Lao-Kwai, the Canisius or the Felician. Which is not such a bad downside. :)

Thanks for the feedback! I'm very happy you enjoyed the read. It must have been a long one. :)

If you want to, you can recopy your comments and leave a star rating on En World. I'm trying to get enough of these reviews over there to put Beyond the Skies on their main board. Thanks!
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
Ambreville
World Soul

Previous

Return to Calidar