Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Join the Star Phoenix in Stranger Skies in Bruce Heard's Calidar Setting.

Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Yaztromo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:40 pm

I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.
User avatar
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Thorf » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:20 am

Bruce is still hammering away at this one just now, and I'm testing stuff for layout and maps. It's exciting stuff. :D
User avatar
Thorf
Cartomancer
 
Posts: 2256
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 2:41 am
Location: Akita, Japan

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Ambreville » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:19 pm

Turns out this is growing into quite a large book, certainly much larger than I had anticipated. My guess is it may top 150 pages when the smoke clears. The treatment of each pantheons is detailed (to say the least) and insightful. Individual gods' descriptions average 1,100-,1,200 words each. One thing I discovered is that CC1 is an opportunity to discover interesting details about the realms of the Great Caldera, and the three moons, because the gods reflect their mortal followers, and therefore, the histories of their pantheons and of the individual deities unveil all sorts of information about the land and the mortals living on them. Providing the histories of the pantheons (listed under "Genesis") generates timelines of events prior to the common era. I also want to include a short PDF for each pantheon, which could be handed to players. The book provides a lot of information that should be for the eyes of referees only.
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
User avatar
Ambreville
World Soul
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Near Lake Geneva WI

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Spellweaver » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:37 am

Sounds absolutely fantastic Bruce! :-)
My fan-stuff over the years at the Vault of Pandius.
User avatar
Spellweaver
Hill Giant
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:49 am

Ooh, more about the world soul!! The concept is something I freaking love, I can't wait to get this new book.
Angel R. Tarragon (aka A.R.T.)
Blog / DeviantArt / Facebook / Google+ / Letterboxd / Twitter / YouTube / See More
User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
 
Posts: 7872
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Big Mac » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:44 am

David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 20921
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Havard » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:01 am

As mentioned elsewhere, I am now backing this. Who else here is a backer? :)

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
 
Posts: 16728
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Thorf » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Me, me, me!

Uh, yeah. :D As with last time, I'm going for Captain, the hardback book level. Also the softcover CST1 and CST2.
User avatar
Thorf
Cartomancer
 
Posts: 2256
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 2:41 am
Location: Akita, Japan

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby The Dark » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:30 am

I'm backing at First Mate with a core softcover add-on; I missed out on the original release, and want physical copies of both books. Depending on how my budget looks near the end of the month, that may end up getting upgraded.
The Dark
Troll
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:05 pm

Special Event

Postby Ambreville » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:45 am

Hey gang, there's a special Calidar event on Tim Brannan's blog tonite, at 11:30 US Central Time. You can have peek now --click here. That's just for fun and music. :mrgreen:
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
User avatar
Ambreville
World Soul
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Near Lake Geneva WI

Calidar: Beyond the Funding

Postby Ambreville » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Dear Piazza Fans,

I have the pleasure of announcing that "Beyond the Skies" has met its initial funding goal. So, yes, a great book there will be! Thank you so much to all of you for making this possible, and in time before Christmas too. Now comes the next step of hitting the stretch goals. These are crucial because they increase the amount of internal art. The dream goal is one illustration for each of the 89 gods depicted in the book, plus artwork for the other chapters, which do represent a substantial part of "Beyond the Skies." Your generosity has made this ultimate goal possible. Kudos to you all!

Image

For those of you reading this message and who've not had the opportunity yet to jump in, now is a great time to do so, first off because the project will definitely happen. At this point, it can only get better. Kickstarter does not actually complete a transaction until the project ends on January 7th 2016.

If you do not own the first book in the series, "Stranger Skies," you can obtain it through this Kickstarter campaign at a discount. The complete PDF files for "Stranger Skies" is listed there at an all-time low of $6.

You can also own two 60-page booklets in printed format which are only available to Kickstarter backers. They cannot be purchased after the crowdfunding campaign ends. Simply backing the project with a First Mate pledge level already earns you these two booklets in PDF format for free. Poster maps from "Stranger Skies" are also available at a discount. There is a limited supply of these poster maps. Once out of stock, they are unlikely to be reprinted. You can find all this under the project's "Add-Ons" header.

Image

If you want one more more add-ons over and above the normal pledge for "Beyond the Skies," simply add the value of these add-ons manually to your pledge amount, along with any shipping fees listed in their descriptions. I'll contact you later via Kickstarter to confirm everything.

Thanks again for your interest and your support. Merry Christmas.

-- Bruce Heard

Click here to watch the video (<50 seconds)

Second in the Calidar series, this 220+ pg compendium tells all about gods, their spirit servants, and their foes, for use with any RPG. Aside from listing gods, this book's contents further develop the Calidar fantasy setting and provide substantial material designed to enhance game play, such as divine powers for mortal followers based on their piety, secret brotherhoods, temple floor plans, etc.
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
User avatar
Ambreville
World Soul
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Near Lake Geneva WI

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby agathokles » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:12 pm

Congratulations! There's time to meet several stretch goals, hopefully :-)
GP
agathokles
Blue Dragon
 
Posts: 6387
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Ambreville » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:55 pm

agathokles wrote:Congratulations! There's time to meet several stretch goals, hopefully :-)
GP


Thank you! This extra time will be very useful to shoot for the upper level goals. This will help make a decent book grow into a great one! :)
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
User avatar
Ambreville
World Soul
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Near Lake Geneva WI

Last Day for the Kickstarter!

Postby Ambreville » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:05 pm

LAST DAY!

#Calidar "Beyond the Skies" is fast approaching its next stretch goal and reaching the end of its crowdfunding campaign. Will you put some of yourself into this fabulous book and join the effort to commission more internal art? "Beyond the Skies" has already grown from 220 to 244 pages... will today add more?

Also...

Here's a fun preview of The World of Calidar's "Beyond the Skies," an EnWorld exclusive unveiling the flying seminary of an eagle-knights' order. This shows how a book about deities brings to life details on the realms of the Great Caldera, just like a gazetteer. That's something you can use as an adventure in Calidar or any other game world...

Image
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
User avatar
Ambreville
World Soul
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Near Lake Geneva WI

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Yaztromo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:06 pm

I just received the hard copies of Beyond the Skies and Skies of Fury and the both look gorgeous!!! :D
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.
User avatar
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Havard » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:11 pm

can't wait for mine to arrive! :)

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
 
Posts: 16728
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby The Dark » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:21 pm

I have my books. They're beautiful.
The Dark
Troll
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:05 pm

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Ambreville » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:39 am

The Dark wrote:I have my books. They're beautiful.


Glad you got them. Anyone else out here got theirs too?
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
User avatar
Ambreville
World Soul
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Near Lake Geneva WI

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Boneguard » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:55 am

I received my order about a month ago or so. The 3 books are wonderful so is the cloth map of the gods. But being busy I only start reading it recently (I work shift, so reading is a good way to spend my night off without waking my spouse or daughter).

So far I've read about the Pantheon of Alfdain, Araldur, Belledor and Caldwen. So far I really love it. I particularly love the fact that the Dwarven and Gnomish Pantheon are matriarchal...a nice change of the usual Patriarchal one in most fantasy RPG.

And I love how my "name a God" contribution was used to name the Patron God of the sharkmen. Definitely going to have fun with it...and eventually convert him to the Game system I own. 2 questions about that while I'm here.
1) Where the gods named by backer already created (and awaiting their name) or where they created afterward based on the name?
2) Was the death of the original God of the sharkmen already planned as detail in the Alfdain section?
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
User avatar
Boneguard
Frost Giant
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Ambreville » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Boneguard wrote: ... I particularly love the fact that the Dwarven and Gnomish Pantheon are matriarchal...a nice change of the usual Patriarchal one in most fantasy RPG.

I'm glad you said this. I was a bit worried since a few people manifested concern with (or polite dislike of) this approach. I made a point to include the same number of male and female deities (all pantheons combined) in the book. Some pantheons, clearly, are matriarchal -- that is, either the ruler is female, or female gods outnumber males. This is most evident with the gods of the fellfolk, who are females except for one demigod serving each one of the others periodically. He is prophesied as becoming the pantheon's ruler sometime in the future. It is an abstract concept, as this male demigod personifies the passing of time and, as such, he serves one after the other the coming of life, the four seasons, and death, before starting the cycle anew. On the other hand, the gods of the gnomes are all males, except their ruler who is a female.

And I love how my "name a God" contribution was used to name the Patron God of the sharkmen. Definitely going to have fun with it...and eventually convert him to the Game system I own. 2 questions about that while I'm here.
1) Where the gods named by backer already created (and awaiting their name) or where they created afterward based on the name?

Many of these "alt-gods" sprang from the various pantheon mythologies. Some were renamed after the fact, based on the backers' listing. Others were created whole cloth at the end of the project, entirely new gods put together either to address a theme not yet covered by the existing pantheons, or simply because of the imagery these backer's names conjured in my mind. The outcome of this process very much is a mixed bag and remains wholly organic in nature! (No pun intended.)

2) Was the death of the original God of the sharkmen already planned as detail in the Alfdain section?

This event was written in early on, when I established the elven pantheon's history. A number of gods and demons get mercilessly decimated in the pantheons' so-called " mythologies." The appendix section often addresses the subsequent void left by this onslaught, following the idea that if deities and major demons are felled, who then takes their places? Are they legitimate heirs or opportunistic usurpers? Or have the fallen actually survived under other forms or other names? Were there subsequent tales to tell that did not transpire in the mythologies?
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
User avatar
Ambreville
World Soul
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Near Lake Geneva WI

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Boneguard » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:54 pm

Ambreville wrote:
Boneguard wrote: ... I particularly love the fact that the Dwarven and Gnomish Pantheon are matriarchal...a nice change of the usual Patriarchal one in most fantasy RPG.

I'm glad you said this. I was a bit worried since a few people manifested concern with (or polite dislike of) this approach. I made a point to include the same number of male and female deities (all pantheons combined) in the book. Some pantheons, clearly, are matriarchal -- that is, either the ruler is female, or female gods outnumber males. This is most evident with the gods of the fellfolk, who are females except for one demigod serving each one of the others periodically. He is prophesied as becoming the pantheon's ruler sometime in the future. It is an abstract concept, as this male demigod personifies the passing of time and, as such, he serves one after the other the coming of life, the four seasons, and death, before starting the cycle anew. On the other hand, the gods of the gnomes are all males, except their ruler who is a female.


I can indeed see how some people would not like it, it is a big change for two culture that were always represented as patriarchal, but regardless I think it is a great idea and brilliantly executed.

On the topic of the Gods, are there any plan to do a second book of Gods to cover the other pantheons (eg: Any (potential) Gods specific to Alorea, Kragdûr or Munaan not covered in Beyond the Skies, the Gods of Draconia, the Gods of Lao-Kwai, the Gods of the Kahuulkin, the Gods of Kumoshima, the Gods of the Wayfarers, the Gods of Felix Minor, the Gods of Canis Major and the Gods of Ghüle) or will they be covered if/when their respective celestial body will be covered (Eg Book on Draconia, a Book og the moons of Calidar, a Book on Lao-Kwai and its moon, a Book on the Fringe and a Book on Ghüle)?
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
User avatar
Boneguard
Frost Giant
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Ambreville » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:03 am

Boneguard wrote:
Ambreville wrote:
Boneguard wrote: ... I particularly love the fact that the Dwarven and Gnomish Pantheon are matriarchal...a nice change of the usual Patriarchal one in most fantasy RPG.

I'm glad you said this. I was a bit worried since a few people manifested concern with (or polite dislike of) this approach. I made a point to include the same number of male and female deities (all pantheons combined) in the book. Some pantheons, clearly, are matriarchal -- that is, either the ruler is female, or female gods outnumber males. This is most evident with the gods of the fellfolk, who are females except for one demigod serving each one of the others periodically. He is prophesied as becoming the pantheon's ruler sometime in the future. It is an abstract concept, as this male demigod personifies the passing of time and, as such, he serves one after the other the coming of life, the four seasons, and death, before starting the cycle anew. On the other hand, the gods of the gnomes are all males, except their ruler who is a female.


I can indeed see how some people would not like it, it is a big change for two culture that were always represented as patriarchal, but regardless I think it is a great idea and brilliantly executed.

Thank you!

On the topic of the Gods, are there any plan to do a second book of Gods to cover the other pantheons (eg: Any (potential) Gods specific to Alorea, Kragdûr or Munaan not covered in Beyond the Skies, the Gods of Draconia, the Gods of Lao-Kwai, the Gods of the Kahuulkin, the Gods of Kumoshima, the Gods of the Wayfarers, the Gods of Felix Minor, the Gods of Canis Major and the Gods of Ghüle) or will they be covered if/when their respective celestial body will be covered (Eg Book on Draconia, a Book og the moons of Calidar, a Book on Lao-Kwai and its moon, a Book on the Fringe and a Book on Ghüle)?

Many of these will probably be handled within their own Gazetteers. For example, as I work on Dreams of Aeries, one divine scion of Belgomeer is likely to get detailed as part of the adventure module itself. So, the value of the adventure is heightened with supplemental information unavailable in CC1 (but possibly formatted in a similar manner). No doubt the same thing can happen with treatments of Lao-Kwei, Kumoshima, and so on.
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
User avatar
Ambreville
World Soul
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Near Lake Geneva WI

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Ambreville » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:17 am

Boneguard wrote:On the topic of the Gods, are there any plan to do a second book of Gods to cover the other pantheons (eg: Any (potential) Gods specific to Alorea, Kragdûr or Munaan not covered in Beyond the Skies, the Gods of Draconia, the Gods of Lao-Kwai, the Gods of the Kahuulkin, the Gods of Kumoshima, the Gods of the Wayfarers, the Gods of Felix Minor, the Gods of Canis Major and the Gods of Ghüle) or will they be covered if/when their respective celestial body will be covered (Eg Book on Draconia, a Book og the moons of Calidar, a Book on Lao-Kwai and its moon, a Book on the Fringe and a Book on Ghüle)?

One more thing. Gods of Wayfarers are the same as those of Nordheim. Gods of Calidar's moons are largely the same as those of the Great Caldera (except for the fellfolk pantheon). Alternate versions of Soltan/Teos should come up on Munaan though (representing cultures that did not make it to Calidar's surface.) I would think that various monster gods can yet be fleshed out or invented whole cloth, as well as a host of divine scions, spiritual servants, and the odd incarnates, as part of adventure modules. I find these lesser "deities" more intriguing than the all-powerful gods because they offer a greater ability to interact with mortals. This being said, I think a Hall of Epic Heroes & Villains might also be an interesting and useful accessory. CC1's real value, aside from the gods themselves and their stories, is to help players flesh out their characters, their backgrounds certainly, but especially their motivations and how they might work to reach their goals.
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
User avatar
Ambreville
World Soul
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Near Lake Geneva WI

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Boneguard » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:46 am

Ambreville wrote:
Boneguard wrote:On the topic of the Gods, are there any plan to do a second book of Gods to cover the other pantheons (eg: Any (potential) Gods specific to Alorea, Kragdûr or Munaan not covered in Beyond the Skies, the Gods of Draconia, the Gods of Lao-Kwai, the Gods of the Kahuulkin, the Gods of Kumoshima, the Gods of the Wayfarers, the Gods of Felix Minor, the Gods of Canis Major and the Gods of Ghüle) or will they be covered if/when their respective celestial body will be covered (Eg Book on Draconia, a Book og the moons of Calidar, a Book on Lao-Kwai and its moon, a Book on the Fringe and a Book on Ghüle)?

Many of these will probably be handled within their own Gazetteers. For example, as I work on Dreams of Aeries, one divine scion of Belgomeer is likely to get detailed as part of the adventure module itself. So, the value of the adventure is heightened with supplemental information unavailable in CC1 (but possibly formatted in a similar manner). No doubt the same thing can happen with treatments of Lao-Kwei, Kumoshima, and so on.


That would be a good way to go about it, yes. Besides I'm assuming they are specific to the whole planet (Unlike the case of Calidar where they are speciifc to one of many nations) that they can be covered piecemeal. I do hope that a Lao-Kwai/Kahuulkin/Kumoshima Gazetteer will be done soon. I love oriental settings and the Kumoshin ruled Island off of Caldwen needs its Gods too. :)

Ambreville wrote:One more thing. Gods of Wayfarers are the same as those of Nordheim. Gods of Calidar's moons are largely the same as those of the Great Caldera (except for the fellfolk pantheon). Alternate versions of Soltan/Teos should come up on Munaan though (representing cultures that did not make it to Calidar's surface.)


That's what I tought, but it's good to know and does make thing easier.

Ambreville wrote: would think that various monster gods can yet be fleshed out or invented whole cloth, as well as a host of divine scions, spiritual servants, and the odd incarnates, as part of adventure modules. I find these lesser "deities" more intriguing than the all-powerful gods because they offer a greater ability to interact with mortals. This being said, I think a Hall of Epic Heroes & Villains might also be an interesting and useful accessory. CC1's real value, aside from the gods themselves and their stories, is to help players flesh out their characters, their backgrounds certainly, but especially their motivations and how they might work to reach their goals.


Looking forward to that. I do love the Calidar products and the flexibility provides.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
User avatar
Boneguard
Frost Giant
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Re: Calidar: Beyond the Skies!!!

Postby Ambreville » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:44 pm

The "gods" of Draconia also are specific to nations. I established earlier that "living gods" rule mortal dragons -- these are somewhat analogous to Mystara's dragon rulers, a sort of super-dragons of divine ilk who dwell among their faithful. They are powerful, but not quite as powerful as the gods of Calidar. On the other hand, the latter live in Ambrosia, while the rulers of Draconia exist in the prime plane, mostly in their hollow world. What has not been unveiled, however, is exactly what Draconia's World Soul is and how it relates to its living gods... likewise the question: whatever happened to the good dragons? Another aspect of dragons also lies in those of Lao-Kwei and their relation with the red planet's moribund World Soul.
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
User avatar
Ambreville
World Soul
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Near Lake Geneva WI

Next

Return to Calidar

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest