How about Living Calidar?

Join the Star Phoenix in Stranger Skies in Bruce Heard's Calidar Setting.
The Book-House: Find Calidar products.

Moderator: Thorf

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

How about Living Calidar?

Post by Yaztromo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Recently I discovered (very late) the many "Living Campaigns" run by RPGA (and others) for many years and for many rulesets.
The concept is creating a series of one off adventures for a specific setting (they may or may not be associated in adventure arcs), that at the end give out experience points and certificates representing the various outcomes of your actions and distribute them. This way a player-fan can run adventure one with a specific group and get a number of objects, certificates and experience points out of it, then, some time later, the same player can port the character sheet to adventure two that can be played with different companions and so on. :idea:

Maybe with a bit of co-ordination by Bruce, we could be able to organize ourselves in such a way that we put together some adventure (in turns) and we release them following the Living Campaign framework. :cool:
Assuming that Bruce is not terribly annoyed by this and will graciously allow us to move forward, I can see that the main issue is the ruleset, as releasing system-less adventures according to this framework (they need to be quick to play, adapt to tournments...) sounds really complicated to me. Probably we would need to have a good chat about the ruleset first. :roll:

What do you think?
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Re: How about Living Calidar?

Post by Sturm » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:23 pm

It would be interesting but such a thing it is really a lot of work for several people, for example creating adventures, managing the outcomes and so son. In fact only the biggest companies at their height managed to do that, so I do not think Bruce can pull it off such a thing alone, given that he is already very busy in creating the setting :)
But it could be a good start to devise a way to cooperate in creating adventures and ideas for Calidar, in this forum. That would be interesting and useful for DMs.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Giving the amount of tumbleweed that I've seen passing, looks like it is not the time for a project like this.
Maye in the future. Who knows?
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Ambreville
World Soul

Post by Ambreville » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Yaztromo wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:55 pm
Assuming that Bruce is not terribly annoyed by this and will graciously allow us to move forward, I can see that the main issue is the ruleset, as releasing system-less adventures according to this framework (they need to be quick to play, adapt to tournments...) sounds really complicated to me. Probably we would need to have a good chat about the ruleset first. :roll:
Why should I be annoyed by that? :cool:
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)

Ambreville
World Soul

Post by Ambreville » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Sturm wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:23 pm
It would be interesting but such a thing it is really a lot of work for several people, for example creating adventures, managing the outcomes and so son. In fact only the biggest companies at their height managed to do that, so I do not think Bruce can pull it off such a thing alone, given that he is already very busy in creating the setting :)
But it could be a good start to devise a way to cooperate in creating adventures and ideas for Calidar, in this forum. That would be interesting and useful for DMs.
Indeed. I'm way too busy getting stuff out the door, but I would be very happy to see adventures coming out this way.

Ambreville
World Soul

Post by Ambreville » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:05 pm

Yaztromo wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:23 pm
Giving the amount of tumbleweed that I've seen passing, looks like it is not the time for a project like this.
Maye in the future. Who knows?
I think you'll agree that Rome wasn't built in a day. Start small and slow. A small river eventually grows into a big one. :)

Return to “Calidar”