[Planets] Mustafar (Rogue One Spoilers)

'A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." Discuss the Star Wars campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.

[Planets] Mustafar (Rogue One Spoilers)

Postby Havard » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Rogue One sheds some new light to the planet of Mustafar showing this to be the location of Darth Vader's Tower. This planet was first introduced in Revenge of the Sith, but I never put any thought to what happened on this planet during the classic Rebellion Era or beyond.

How would you use this planet in your Star Wars RPG campaigns?

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [Planets] Mustafar (Rogue One Spoilers)

Postby Big Mac » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:22 pm

The Wookieepedia article for Mustafar has information from multiple canon sources that might help.

And I've just noticed they have added a Legends tab on the Mustafar version that includes information from the sources that Disney declared were no longer canon. That could be more useful to anyone who wants to stick with the Star Wars RPG canon.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:52 pm

Big Mac wrote:The Wookieepedia article for Mustafar has information from multiple canon sources that might help.

And I've just noticed they have added a Legends tab on the Mustafar version that includes information from the sources that Disney declared were no longer canon. That could be more useful to anyone who wants to stick with the Star Wars RPG canon.

Thanks for the links! It was sort of hard to see if any of this stuff is not really canon?

I am not married to that concept anyway so I like that the Wookiepedia offers information on both Disney Canon and Legends/EU stuff.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:16 am

Havard wrote:I am not married to that concept anyway so I like that the Wookiepedia offers information on both Disney Canon and Legends/EU stuff.

It's the only logical way for them to go.

If someone tried to start a program of mass deletion they would be opposed.

This splitting of canon into two areas allows for the old stuff to all stay...and also allows for people to be able to explain the limited Disney versions of the same articles.

Forgotten Realms Wiki does something similar (with a separate namespace for Living Forgotten Realms).
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby JamesMishler » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:14 am

There's some great stuff in Star Wars Rebels about Mustafar... known there as "the Planet where Jedi go to Die..."

Now THAT'S an evocative title. Well deserved, too, as it is the lair of Darth Vader, who hunted down the remaining Jedi...
JamesMishler
Bugbear

Postby Big Mac » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:56 pm

JamesMishler wrote:There's some great stuff in Star Wars Rebels about Mustafar... known there as "the Planet where Jedi go to Die..."

Now THAT'S an evocative title. Well deserved, too, as it is the lair of Darth Vader, who hunted down the remaining Jedi...

Ah! That would explain why Darth Vader featured in Rogue One
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:52 am

I'm not sure we need to worry too much about Rogue One spoilers now. It is interesting that Rogue One never named the planet of Darth Vader's castle, while at the same time listing names for all the other planets it visited.

I still have a lot to catch up on for Rebels, but really looking forward to that!

I wonder what happened to Vader's castle after Return of the Jedi...

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Falconer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:01 pm

I always liked the idea of Darth Vader’s Castle, which originates in Leigh Brackett’s draft script for The Empire Strikes Back. I think the idea of putting it on Mustafar was just right. Great potential for adventure.
Falconer
Troll

Return to Star Wars