WEG D6 System 2nd Edition coming from Gallant Knight Games

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.

Moderator: Chimpman

WEG D6 System 2nd Edition coming from Gallant Knight Games

Postby Havard » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:39 pm

GALLANT KNIGHT GAMES PARTNERS WITH NOCTURNAL MEDIA TO MANAGE AND DISTRIBUTE NEW EDITION OF WEST END GAMES D6 SYSTEM

Utah, UNITED STATES (10/11/2017) – Gallant Knight Games and Nocturnal Media are pleased to announce that they have entered into an agreement related to the classic West End Games D6 System. Under license from Nocturnal Media, Gallant Knight Games will become the official publisher and distributor of a new edition of the D6 System, tentatively titled: “D6 System: Second Edition”!

“Since Nocturnal purchased West End Games, the plan has been to revitalize the D6 System and modernize a system so many gamers have enjoyed.” Steve Wieck says, “This partnership with Gallant Knight is part of our journey to achieve that.”

This new edition will be overseen by Gallant Knight Games’ design team, with approvals from Nocturnal Media & West End Games.

“The West End Games D6 system and it’s classic D6 game of cinematic space opera adventure was hugely informative of my growth as a young gamer,” Alan Bahr, founder of Gallant Knight Games adds. “Helping to bring West End Games back into the mainstream gaming community is an exciting moment for us, and serving as the official West End Games creation and publishing studio is an opportunity of a lifetime!”

More announcements about changes in D6 System: Second Edition, timelines and dates will be forthcoming!

###

Gallant Knight Games is a roleplaying and publishing company dedicated to heroic, fun and high-quality RPG materials. Founded by Alan Bahr, they publish and support a variety of games, including the TinyD6 line of minimalist roleplaying games. Gallant Knight Games recently merged with Ragnarok Publications and Outland Entertainment, and serves as a publisher and distributor for several indie tabletop creators.

Nocturnal Media is a Houston-based game developer and publisher. We publish tabletop roleplaying, card and board games, with primary focuses on storytelling and content-rich settings. The company was founded by Stewart Wieck, an award-winning game designer who previously founded and operated White Wolf where he created and published games set within the World of Darkness, such as Vampire: The Masquerade and Mage: The Ascension.

https://www.gallantknightgames.com/gall ... nocturnal/

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: WEG D6 System 2nd Edition coming from Gallant Knight Gam

Postby Angel Tarragon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:36 am

:shock: :o Very frickin' cool! :cool: :twisted:

I have some fond memories of playing D6, I look forward to seeing how the system is going to change.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Corsair14 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Oh hell yeah! Back to the roots of Star Wars gaming without all the crap from Fantasy Flight with its silly classes and dice! Definitely will pick this up when its released. Hopefully the older sourcebooks will be compatible.
Corsair14
Orc

Postby shesheyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Awesome sauce ! I'm curious to see what they come up with.
shesheyan
Frost Giant

Postby Boddynock » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:59 pm

I wish these guys the best. I do hope they look at certain aspects of Mini Six (I really like the Static Defense system) and maybe see if they can incorporate that into their system, even if it's just the optional rules. I could cobble some myself of course, but one can always appreciate an official word down in the book itself and not on a computer printout of house rules.
Check out my blog http://boddynock-te.blogspot.com/

Support your local gnome!

Boddynock Stotch - 17th level Gnome Bard of Far Shore, Isle of Dread - Savage Tide Adventure Path
Boddynock
Gnomish Ambassador

Postby Havard » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Boddynock wrote:I wish these guys the best. I do hope they look at certain aspects of Mini Six (I really like the Static Defense system) and maybe see if they can incorporate that into their system, even if it's just the optional rules. I could cobble some myself of course, but one can always appreciate an official word down in the book itself and not on a computer printout of house rules.

Agreed!

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Return to The Wishing Well