[WEG] Star Wars Miniatures Battles

'A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." Discuss the Star Wars campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

[WEG] Star Wars Miniatures Battles

Post by Havard » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Anyone have this book? What was it? Something akin to d20 Chainmail? What character scale did it operate on?

There was also a Companion Book expanding the Core Book. Were there other supplements to the Miniatures Battles game as well?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Nate Christen
Troll

Re: [WEG] Star Wars Miniatures Battles

Post by Nate Christen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:43 am

The book was written for use with the 25mm-scale minis that WEG produced back in the day, and which seem a little small compared to modern minis. There was one supplement released, Imperial Entanglements, in addition to articles and scenarios in the Star Wars Adventure Journal.

-Nate
Author of d20pirates.blogspot.com and talesfromtheedgeoftheempire.blogspot.com

JamesMishler
Ogre

Post by JamesMishler » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:57 am

It's been a long time, but IIRC, it simply simplified the classic d6 system used by the WEG SWRPG for mass battles, and provided all the major needed rules and stat sets for most squad-level and larger ground and air battles.

It did not provide any material for space dog-fights or such, just speeders and low flying stuff, IIRC.

Sharkbelly
Gnoll

Post by Sharkbelly » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:33 am

You are correct. I actually just picked up a copy last year. They take the stats from the D6 Star Wars game (like 3d6 for shooting a blaster, for example) and turn it into a modifier (in this case +3) for a single d6 roll.

For space battles, you might want to look at Star Warriors. It was a lot of fun, and was compatible with D6 Star Wars as well. Very tactical.

One day, I'd love to run a Star Wars campaign that incorporates all three rules sets.

Return to “Star Wars”