[Star Wars] Which era?

'A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." Discuss the Star Wars campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
lostanddamned
Orc

Re: [Star Wars] Which era?

Post by lostanddamned » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:05 pm

shesheyan wrote:I would choose SAGA+Knights of the Old Republic. Its far removed from the movies (400 years?) and as a GM you would have maximum liberty within a well defined setting. I ran two star wars campaign and never had any problems with players complaining about not being cannon. Just stay out of cannon major events. Create your own major events.
Yep Knights gives DM's the most flexibility when it comes to the SW universe, since the only 3 main facts to take into account is the fall of the Jedi Order and the rebuilding of it with the One Master One Pupil routine (Which the Sith nick off them, or vice virsa it's hard to tell since it appears a former sith lord rebuilds the jedi!), the Fall of the Old republic and it's rebuilding from the ground up (I consider the events before the Jedi and Sith Wars the age of the First Republic, while events after that period up to the formation of the Empire the Second Republic) and of course the decimation of the Sith order itself, anything else can pretty much go.
Damned until Death.

My not so frequent blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Clones came in different versions. The basic troopers are not only indoctrinated, but also genetically programmed to obey orders (in Saga Edition, they have a racial penalty to Will Saves to represent this).
ARC troopers are almost unmodified clones of Jango Fett. Note that all clones have been programmed for rapid growth, so they age fast (x2 w.r.t. normal humans). So, Boba Fett is still a kid in Clone Wars, while the Clones are adults. By the time of Episode IV, all the Clones must be fairly old (equivalent to 64 years old humans).

I also agree with your assessment about the KotOR era. That said, WotC's material is more than sufficient in terms of rules support (vehicles, NPCs, equipment, prestige classes and talents), although it could have been better in terms of adventures.

GP

dulsi
Storm Giant

Post by dulsi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:11 pm

agathokles wrote:Clones came in different versions. The basic troopers are not only indoctrinated, but also genetically programmed to obey orders (in Saga Edition, they have a racial penalty to Will Saves to represent this).
ARC troopers are almost unmodified clones of Jango Fett. Note that all clones have been programmed for rapid growth, so they age fast (x2 w.r.t. normal humans). So, Boba Fett is still a kid in Clone Wars, while the Clones are adults. By the time of Episode IV, all the Clones must be fairly old (equivalent to 64 years old humans).
It looks like the cannon has changed since then. They now say there was an inhibitor chip. In Rebels tv show it mentions that Rex and other clones with him removed their chips.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:52 am

agathokles wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:04 pm
I played through the entire "Dawn of Defiance" campaign, which is set about six months after Order 66.
I'm just about to start it... ;)
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:40 am

Yaztromo wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:52 am
agathokles wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:04 pm
I played through the entire "Dawn of Defiance" campaign, which is set about six months after Order 66.
I'm just about to start it... ;)
As a player or as a game master?

GP

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:15 pm

agathokles wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:40 am
Game master.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Yaztromo wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:15 pm
agathokles wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:40 am
Game master.
Then be warned that the system tends to collapse at high levels, and encounters may become too easy or too difficult depending on how optimized the characters are.

GP

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:06 pm

Thanks for the warning!

Return to “Star Wars”