[Midgard] Clean "forum sized" logo needed

In this dark time, new heroes must arise to claim the crowns of Midgard, and restore the jewels to her scattered thrones...

Re: [Midgard] Clean "forum sized" logo needed

Postby Havard » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:52 pm

If anything, I think the Midgard Fire Logo works better with the "Softwood" theme of The Piazza. :)

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Isuru » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:25 am

Perfectly understandable reasoning behind preserving the logo as much as possible within the limits of the site. I will give it another try tomorrow.
Starting from a clean image, it's a simple use of canvas size and resize to get the image into the right dimensions.

If I can find a good starting logo in the right format, I can also help out with the Star Wars subforum, as that is lacking a logo at present.
Isuru
Ogre

Postby Isuru » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Here are the Fire and Gold logos at the appropriate (90x30px) size without any scaling but using the suggested blank bars above and below the logo as filler. These are at the true proportions of the logos as taken from the source.

Midgard Fire True

Midgard Gold True

---
Here are the same logos with a mix of scaling and use of blank bars, sort of a medium between the above and the logos I posted a couple of days ago.

Isuru
Ogre

Postby Big Mac » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:42 am

Isuru wrote:Here are the Fire and Gold logos at the appropriate (90x30px) size without any scaling but using the suggested blank bars above and below the logo as filler. These are at the true proportions of the logos as taken from the source.

Midgard Fire True

Midgard Gold True

---
Here are the same logos with a mix of scaling and use of blank bars, sort of a medium between the above and the logos I posted a couple of days ago.

Thanks for doing this. I think the "Midgard Fire True" logo is perfect, but we shall see what Ashtagon thinks. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Isuru » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Happy to be of service.
Isuru
Ogre

Postby Isuru » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:46 am

With the new edition of Midgard in the works, thought I'd try working the updated logo into the proper format for the Piazzo forums.

It is a slightly bolder design than the original. What do you all think, does it translate better for the forum?

Edit: Fixed some scaling issues from the first version, this new version preserves more of the source logo (mainly the dragon horn and the spacing between letters is more apparent).
Isuru
Ogre

Previous

Return to Midgard