Midgard Open World

In this dark time, new heroes must arise to claim the crowns of Midgard, and restore the jewels to her scattered thrones...

Midgard Open World

Postby Tim Baker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:57 pm

If the latest Kobold Press Kickstarter gets enough backers, the Midgard campaign setting will be opened up for 3rd party content, similar to the DM's Guild making Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft available. This covers supplements that are compatible with 13th Age, which is super exciting for those of us who have played 13th Age in Midgard! This includes 5e and Pathfinder, too.

Who else is looking forward to seeing what the broader community comes up with for Midgard?

Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Midgard Open World

Postby Tim Baker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Here's the original post, for those who would like more details: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/35 ... ts/1801665
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Angelika Tatsu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:15 pm

I really hope this goal is unlocked...I wouldn't be able to contribute, but would sure love to see what others would bring to the Midgard experience..
In morte veritá.

Projects: Erath (TBD), Sundered Realms
Angelika Tatsu
Goblin Girl

Postby dulsi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:15 pm

Looks like they didn't quite meet the number of backers they needed to unlock this. Have they said anything since? I didn't find anything in my quick search.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage
dulsi
Storm Giant

Postby Tim Baker » Tue May 02, 2017 9:17 am

dulsi wrote:Looks like they didn't quite meet the number of backers they needed to unlock this. Have they said anything since? I didn't find anything in my quick search.

Immediately after the Kickstarter wrapped up, they said, essentially, "not at this time." They felt that they needed that number of backers to make the project viable, and even though the numbers were close, they didn't hit that minimum. I haven't seen anything written about it since.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue May 02, 2017 11:52 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
dulsi wrote:Looks like they didn't quite meet the number of backers they needed to unlock this. Have they said anything since? I didn't find anything in my quick search.

Immediately after the Kickstarter wrapped up, they said, essentially, "not at this time." They felt that they needed that number of backers to make the project viable, and even though the numbers were close, they didn't hit that minimum. I haven't seen anything written about it since.
That really is a shame, I would have loved to have seen Midgard opened up to 3PP support. It is a great setting with myriad support among many rules-systems. Hopefully it will be opened up in the future.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Tim Baker » Tue May 02, 2017 11:55 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:
dulsi wrote:Looks like they didn't quite meet the number of backers they needed to unlock this.

That really is a shame, I would have loved to have seen Midgard opened up to 3PP support. It is a great setting with myriad support among many rules-systems. Hopefully it will be opened up in the future.

I 100% agree. I was interested in getting some 13th Age content out there. I hope it happens in the future.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed May 03, 2017 12:29 am

Tim Baker wrote:I 100% agree. I was interested in getting some 13th Age content out there. I hope it happens in the future.
That would definitely be awesome to see some more 13th Age support for Midgard! :cool:
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Return to Midgard