Warlock periodical for Midgard

In this dark time, new heroes must arise to claim the crowns of Midgard, and restore the jewels to her scattered thrones...

Warlock periodical for Midgard

Postby Tim Baker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:59 am

Over in this thread, there were questions about the new Warlock periodical from Kobold Press. Backers of the Kickstarter for the latest edition of the Midgard Campaign Setting just received some more information about Warlock. I'm sharing a few highlights here:

Kobold Press wrote:Back in the funding days of this project, we talked about a set of supplements/expansions for Midgard to be called the Warlock booklets. Ongoing support for any living campaign setting is important, so we are moving ahead with it. Warlock is now underway, and you can subscribe on Patreon!

We ship the first Warlock PDF/print booklet around September 1.... Warlock booklets will have new monsters, new lairs, new lore, and other new options for your 5E game. It will keep adding to the world every other month, long after the core books have shipped....

Warlock offers 5E rules and system-neutral lore. It's a small set of booklets, so there’s not room for multiple system support....

Warlock provides us with a place to try out new material, share some old secrets from designer notebooks, and put things out that might otherwise never see daylight. You might see something in the Warlock booklets appear in a future project—but you might also never see it anywhere else.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Warlock periodical for Midgard

Postby Big Mac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:38 am

I found a Warlock Patreon page on the Kobold Press website:
Kobold Staff at Kobold Press wrote:Warlock is a new Patreon-supported project from Kobold Press, publisher of the Midgard Campaign Setting for 5th edition. With your support, the Kobolds can make new 5e Midgard material on a regular, ongoing basis. In return for becoming a patron, you’ll get first access to new maps, new monsters, new 5e character options, and much more.
Help expand the world of 5th edition dark fantasy at https://www.patreon.com/koboldpress.

(It's interesting that a Kobold Staff wrote that page. I wonder what the D&D stats for a Kobold Staff are. :P )

The Kobold Press Patreon page has more information:
Kobold Press at Patreon wrote:Kobold Press is creating the darkly fantastical 5th Edition Warlock booklets

Thank You for Supporting Warlock!

Your support means we can make new Midgard Campaign Setting material for 5th Edition on a regular, ongoing basis. We'll explore and expand Midgard with new maps, locations, and lore, plus new rules, monsters, character options and more. And as a Warlock patron, you'll get them long before they appear anywhere else!

Each Warlock booklet will be 16 to 20 pages long, with a stunning B&W cover and interior art by artists like Karl Waller and Gabriel Cassata.

We're excited to expand the world of 5th edition dark fantasy, and deeply appreciate your support! You can learn more about Midgard at the Kobold Press world overview.

It looks like they already hit the goal to make a PDF. It looks like they want another $38 USD to unlock the print version (for US customers only).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Tim Baker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Big Mac wrote:It looks like they want another $38 USD to unlock the print version (for US customers only).

Print version was unlocked for US customers today. Next goal is Canadian customers. And then...the world!
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Tim Baker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 am

Tim Baker wrote:
Big Mac wrote:It looks like they want another $38 USD to unlock the print version (for US customers only).

Print version was unlocked for US customers today. Next goal is Canadian customers. And then...the world!

The print version was unlocked for Canada, today (just one day after US was unlocked). If the Patreon continues growing at this pace, worldwide shipping will be unlocked on Monday (this is merely my extrapolation based on data from the past 48 hours).
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Tim Baker » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:22 am

Tim Baker wrote:The print version was unlocked for Canada, today (just one day after US was unlocked). If the Patreon continues growing at this pace, worldwide shipping will be unlocked on Monday (this is merely my extrapolation based on data from the past 48 hours).

One day after unlocking shipping to Canadian patrons, they're just $74 (that's about £57 or €63) away from international shipping.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Tim Baker » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:37 am

Tim Baker wrote:The print version was unlocked for Canada, today (just one day after US was unlocked). If the Patreon continues growing at this pace, worldwide shipping will be unlocked on Monday (this is merely my extrapolation based on data from the past 48 hours).

My estimate was off by a day. Kobold Press unlocked worldwide shipping of Warlock, today.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Return to Midgard