[Midgard] Midgard Maps

In this dark time, new heroes must arise to claim the crowns of Midgard, and restore the jewels to her scattered thrones...

[Midgard] Midgard Maps

Postby Havard » Tue May 06, 2014 5:19 pm

The Midgard World Maps have been posted at the Cartographer's Guild by the artist, with permission by Kobold Press. Really impressive:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/finis ... dgard.html

Are there more maps available online?

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [Midgard] Midgard Maps

Postby Isuru » Tue May 06, 2014 11:26 pm

Those posted by Torstan/Jonathan Roberts are probably the most detailed and comprehensive ones outside of the book or iPad App.

Some of the Midgard Atlas app reviews have low-res previews of map sections as accompanying art. The iTunes page for the Midgard Atlas has two previews showing city maps for Siwal and Reywald.
Isuru
Ogre

Postby Big Mac » Sun May 25, 2014 2:04 pm

Havard wrote:Are there more maps available online?

Is there a world map anywhere? I hear that you can sail a ship off of the edge of the world in Midgard! I'd love to see what shape the world actually is.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun May 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Havard wrote:Is there a world map anywhere? I hear that you can sail a ship off of the edge of the world in Midgard! I'd love to see what shape the world actually is.

The implication is that it is a disc world. From page 230 of the Midgard Campaign Setting Book;

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby BlackBat242 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:51 am

Ah... so the body of The Great Wyrm forms a "world wall" around the entire place! ;)

That's why the ocean doesn't pour off the edge - and neither does the atmosphere.

Just don't go climbing that wall.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode
BlackBat242
Dire Haggis

Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Postby Big Mac » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:07 am

Cartographer Anna Meyer is been working for Kobold Press as part of their Kickstarter for The Southlands. (The Kickstarter is still running, as I post this and there is a video of a flyover of that part of Midgard.)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Here are some pictures from the 3D model that Anna Meyer is using to make maps of The Southlands:
Anna has really stepped up her game. The detail in this one looks better than any of the terrain views that have been done for The Flanaess. It feels *so* real.

This picture *literally* looks like the view from an aircraft.

This one looks a bit like a view from space.

The only thing that gives away the fact that this picture is "fake" is that the terrain ends and the sky is not there, but it is an awesome shape.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Pretty amazing work. :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:33 pm

Havard wrote:Pretty amazing work. :)

I've been impressed by Anna's Greyhawk work for years and have seem a very small number of 3D pictures of The Flanaess over the years. (I was kind of hoping that fans of another TSR campaign setting would club together and fund the creation of a 3D model of their favourite setting. But it is great to see this happening for Midgard too, as that is a "second wave" setting. :) )

I am wondering what (if anything) Kobold Press are going to do with this model (aside from make maps).

Anna has made a couple of short videos of The Southlands, that they have used. Pictures like these could perhaps be used as book covers...or background elements of book covers.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby BrianSuskind » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Havard wrote:Pretty amazing work. :)

I've been impressed by Anna's Greyhawk work for years and have seem a very small number of 3D pictures of The Flanaess over the years. (I was kind of hoping that fans of another TSR campaign setting would club together and fund the creation of a 3D model of their favourite setting. But it is great to see this happening for Midgard too, as that is a "second wave" setting. :) )

I am wondering what (if anything) Kobold Press are going to do with this model (aside from make maps).

Anna has made a couple of short videos of The Southlands, that they have used. Pictures like these could perhaps be used as book covers...or background elements of book covers.

Apart from the maps themselves, we are planning on including a video with the Southlands as a sort of preview on various areas that GMs can show their players during campaigns. Think of it like an Indiana-Jones style overview using Anna's flyover maps.
BrianSuskind
Kobold

Postby Isuru » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:06 am

Hadn't realized until now, but back in August (in time for GenCon) the Kobold Press produced a map of Midgard in print as a 24" x 36" poster available at their store.

A preview -
Isuru
Ogre

Postby Havard » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:56 pm

That's a nice looking maå Isuru! :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:50 pm

Nice map Isuru.

I wonder what the runes mean. They can't say "Midgard" as there are eight of them.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Midgard