Yggdrasil Fanzine

In this dark time, new heroes must arise to claim the crowns of Midgard, and restore the jewels to her scattered thrones...

Yggdrasil Fanzine

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:28 pm

I saw someone link to something called: Yggdrasil Fanzine (PFRPG) PDF on Google+. This thing looks great! Here is the description that Paizo has:
Yggdrasil Fanzine at Paizo wrote:Yggdrasil Fanzine (PFRPG) PDF
Forest Guardian Press

Our Price: FREE
Add to My Downloads
List This Product.
Facebook Twitter Email

Issue 1 of Forest Guardian Press' fanzine for the Midgard Campaign Setting!

Contributors: Morgan Boehringer, Jarrod Camiré, Andrew Christian, Sarah Counts, Richard Green, Wojciech Gruchala, Mark Hoover, Chad Middleton, Brian Wiborg Monster, Marc Radle, Brian Suskind, Curtis Taylor, Caroline Trotter, James Thomas, Margherita Tramontano, Caroline Trotter, Mike Welham, Henry Wong.

Artists: James Austin, Russ Bellon, Morgan Boehringer, Pete Fairfax, Alex Moore, Jayaraj Paul, Marc Radle, Frank Turfler Jr., Caroline Trotter


I can't tell when it was uploaded, but all the comments seem pretty new. I've not even had time to download this yet, but it looks like it is pretty good, from the comments.
Last edited by Big Mac on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 21317
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: Yggdrasil Fanzine (PFRPG) PDF

Postby Angelika Tatsu » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:12 pm

Very cool...I love Midgard and not heard of this fanzine until now. Thanks! ♥
In morte veritá.

Projects: Erath (TBD), Sundered Realms
User avatar
Angelika Tatsu
Goblin Girl
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:11 pm
Location: Goblin Hole

Re: Yggdrasil Fanzine

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:09 pm

Angelika Tatsu wrote:Very cool...I love Midgard and not heard of this fanzine until now. Thanks! ♥


Me neither. They have really flown it under my RADAR.

I went looking to see if they have a website somewhere, but couldn't find one. (But there are a lot of results for "Yggdrasil".)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 21317
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: Yggdrasil Fanzine

Postby Isuru » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:36 am

The Yggdrasil fanzine is an effort spearheaded by Morgan Boehringer, who runs Forest Guardian Press and is a contributor to various Midgard projects. He recruited most of the fanzine article and art contributors from the Paizo forums, particularly this thread here: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2pwjv&page= ... -accepting

Since the call for contributions went out in mid-2013, one can see it took quite an effort to hammer an almost 100-page fanzine into shape. The effort might be old enough that initial conversations started on the now defunct Open Design forums, don't have access to them anymore to check. This is Issue #1 and was released just a day ago on Paizo for download.
User avatar
Isuru
Ogre
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:26 am

Re: Yggdrasil Fanzine

Postby Tim Baker » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:04 am

Isuru wrote:The Yggdrasil fanzine is an effort spearheaded by Morgan Boehringer, who runs Forest Guardian Press and is a contributor to various Midgard projects. He recruited most of the fanzine article and art contributors from the Paizo forums, particularly this thread here: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2pwjv&page= ... -accepting

Since the call for contributions went out in mid-2013, one can see it took quite an effort to hammer an almost 100-page fanzine into shape. The effort might be old enough that initial conversations started on the now defunct Open Design forums, don't have access to them anymore to check. This is Issue #1 and was released just a day ago on Paizo for download.

Thanks for the background, Isuru.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
User avatar
Tim Baker
Axe Beak
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:51 am
Location: United States

Re: Yggdrasil Fanzine

Postby Boneguard » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Angelika Tatsu wrote:Very cool...I love Midgard and not heard of this fanzine until now. Thanks! ♥


Me neither. They have really flown it under my RADAR.



It's bit complicated but the story began over 3 years ago on Paizo message board when a call for submission was issued by Oceanshieldwolf.

Moving on in time it was uploaded, after many hardship, on Paizo Saturday Jan. 28th and became available on Monday Jan. 30th.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
User avatar
Boneguard
Frost Giant
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Re: Yggdrasil Fanzine

Postby RichGreen » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:16 pm

Very glad this has been released - 100 pages, wow!

I wrote a short Parsantium/Midgard crossover article for it so good to see it out there at last :)
User avatar
RichGreen
Bugbear
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:29 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Yggdrasil Fanzine

Postby Isuru » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:46 pm

Had an article in the fanzine as well, awesome to see this fan endeavor released out into the wild.

Pleased to see the Parsantium/Midgard article in the 'zine, Rich. While the idea has been discussed here on these forums, it is good to see something more formal about the topic in a medium that is widely available to fans of both Midgard and Parsantium (right on the Paizo store pages).
User avatar
Isuru
Ogre
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:26 am

Re: Yggdrasil Fanzine

Postby RichGreen » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:13 am

Isuru wrote:Had an article in the fanzine as well, awesome to see this fan endeavor released out into the wild.

Pleased to see the Parsantium/Midgard article in the 'zine, Rich. While the idea has been discussed here on these forums, it is good to see something more formal about the topic in a medium that is widely available to fans of both Midgard and Parsantium (right on the Paizo store pages).

Cheers! Just off to read your article now ;)
User avatar
RichGreen
Bugbear
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:29 am
Location: London, UK


Return to Midgard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest