Interactive Midgard Map

In this dark time, new heroes must arise to claim the crowns of Midgard, and restore the jewels to her scattered thrones...
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Interactive Midgard Map

Post by Big Mac » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Tim Baker found a very useful Kobold Press website called Interactive Midgard Map and posted a link to it in my Wolfgang Baur & Anna Meyer on Dragon Talk topic.

Wolfgang Baur was talking about zooming into Anna's map on that show. I guess he meant on this website.

Here is the blurb on the website:
midgardmap.koboldpress.com wrote:Welcome to the interactive Midgard Map. Use the filter and navigation list below to quickly find a location.
Please be aware that this is an initial, beta version and support on mobile devices or smaller screens is not guaranteed. To clear all markers, refresh the map.
The zoom is fairly interesting. You can zoom out until Midgard is a smallish rectangle surrounded by blackness. That might be for future use, when they get Anna Meyer to add more maps to the north, south, east and west.

The marker feature is quite interesting too. You can type the name of a Midgard place and zoom into it. Then drop a marker, and type another place, zoom to that and drop a second marker. Then you can zoom out and see where they are relative to each other. This feature could be good if you have a group of players who have been moving across the surface of Midgard and wanted to show all the places they have visited, so that your players could visualise the route.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Interactive Midgard Map

Post by Tim Baker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:39 pm

This should be quite useful for GMs running campaigns in Midgard. :)
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

Dread Delgath
Fire Giant

Re: Interactive Midgard Map

Post by Dread Delgath » Wed May 23, 2018 1:35 am

I'd love to have something like this for my homebrew campaign!
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

Return to “Midgard”